Garden 2013 Time line

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I wish I could start a small tray garden in the truck, I think the vibration and bumps would kill everything though.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I was thinking herbs would be the best option since they are lighter and the rough ride wouldn't hurt them as much.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
I was thinking herbs would be the best option since they are lighter and the rough ride wouldn't hurt them as much.

That's exactly why I was thinking lettuce....roots are shallow. Herbs are good too...you can season up a whole lot of truck stop food that way. Don't try dill though..it gets about 4-5 feet tall...lol

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
He could jimmy jack some kind of hanger for outside the passenger window when he is laid over for some natural sunlight...be somewhat of a hobby and challenge...for little cost.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
I have a raised roof condo Freightliner so I have windows at the top to let in light for the upper bunk. I still have the upper bunk in (no mattress) that I use as a shelf for storage, so I was thinking I could secure it up there.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have a raised roof condo Freightliner so I have windows at the top to let in light for the upper bunk. I still have the upper bunk in (no mattress) that I use as a shelf for storage, so I was thinking I could secure it up there.

That makes sense....till some DOT cop tries to accuse you of growing weed....LOL

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
Man...checking on my leeks again this morning...they're like fine little frog hairs and very slow to germinate..I may have 3 definites out of the bunch..

2/27

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
3/4 Tomatoes are about 8 inches tall now after one month.

Put more fertilizer in the leeks and cabbage...leeks still slow..just a couple more popped thru and they're at the 2 week mark. May have to reseed.

After a couple really nice days it snowed last night and it's 20 degrees this morning.

Looking at the calender and daylight savings time kicks in on the 10th which is next weekend.

jujubeans

OVM Project Manager
3/9...Just repotted the tomatoes into bigger containers..now to repot the cabbage into the peat pots.

I also crushed egg shells and put it under the tomatoes to give them calcium. That should prevent some blossom end rot.

And there are more leeks poking thru this morning...I guess the second seeding is like the second coming!:)