Funny Stories over the years.

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
I was posting something on my Facebook page about some of the crazy things we have been asked over the years and some of the funnest things that has happened. I thought this would be a good post for others to get a good laugh. Please share your funny stories about driving. I will give a $100.00 gift card to the best story. I will ask someone to be the judge other than me.

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The moose in Vermont. Frank stopped the truck due to a Moose Crossing the Road, I got out to take a pic and Frank Blows the Horn. The moose sees me and chase me I run under the trailer and the moose runs into the trailer and then keeps hitting it. I pop out the other side and Get the driver door open and climb across Frank who in the driver seat laughing his U no what off. Finely the moose leaves and Frank Calls Cave man Billy and tell him that the Trailer has a big Dent in it cause I wanted a pick of a moose. Billy went Ballistic. Did the Trailer have a dent Yup. Then Frank told him I had the Moose in the Trailer as I Wanted it for a Pet. Billy said I couildnt have a Pet due to White Glove Rules, Frank said its to late the Moose is in the Trailer. Guess who got a call. Don't blow the Air Horn if you rely want a pic of a moose.

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Port a Johns While loading port a Johns out in CA We had no Place for the Blankets or the 16 sheets of Ply wood we had in the trailer. So I went inside and strapped all the ply wood to the side walls and took 122 blankets and placed them in the Port a Johns. While I was doing this Frank called Billy and told him about the load we had and what I did with the Blankets so we could get the load all on the Trailer. Billy thought the Port a Johns had the blue junk in them and now we had contaminated Blankets. Bill called me screaming 'Driver! Driver! what did you do U threw the Blankets in the DOOKIE U going to pay for that. I said Bill yes I put the blankets in the Port A johns but there nothing in them. You could have herd a pin drop during the long pause Bill made. Next thing I know I here Frank Laughing as loud as he could and then Bill yelled That Frank that Frank That Frank then he said Driver I said what and he Hung Up. Frank Laugh all the way to New Mexico during the load.

Last edited:

iceroadtrucker

Veteran Expediter
Driver
While sitting at the Round Bar table at the TA waiting to be served to Eat, their was a Trucker who said he Drive for Swift, he was enthusiastic about telling about his first and last time going to California and a scale. Went like this he said he had a load going into CA and never got stopped by the scale house all was good but he said he was over loaded by 200 lbs over gross. But on his way back they brought him in and he was Empty. They scaled him and told him to go around back so he did. He went in they said they needed his Log book and Lic and Truck Reg ect and Permits. He said they were out in the truck. So they said go get them so he went out in the truck and disconnected the Qual Com from the truck and grabed the Truck Reg and Permit book. (Ya Im shaken my head in disbelief) Anyway he goes back in so he states and they ask him ok so where your log book and he smiles and said right here. Ur kidding they said to him. Nope Here it is. He stated then they said if we had been informed you had Electronic Logs we have sent some out there to verify We can not believe that you unpluigged the qual Com and brought it in. He fruther stated they said some one doing that has realy got to be Mentaly Challenged and we dont even want to see your logs get out of here. So he returned to his Swift Truck and was busy Plugging the Qual com back in and replacing the two back screws when he got a call from his Dispatcher wanting to know why he disappeared. He told her what happened and and she told him he needed to get out there. Then she asked him did he have anthing illegal in the truck and he replyed nothing in the Trailer. She asked him again and he then stated we got permits for it. She said what Permits he stated Permits to Haul Beer and such for Anheiser Bush. she said thats for the Trailer and must be manifested. Not for the Tractor so what u got in the Tractor?? He said Unopened Product samples they gave him from the Deliveries he made. ( Im still shaking my head in Disbelief) Then he said she told him to pull over at the next rest area or TS and get rid of it. ( Im thinking now whats he gona come up with he for sure is telling a Tale) Well he then states he pulled in to a small town in AZ and walked to the Post Office and got a Box and Bubble wrap and stamps, then he came back to the Truck and Wrapped up the free Samples and put them in the Shipping Box for the Post Office. Addressed it and Stamped it for Postal Delivery then placed it under the Bunk. Latter the next day the Dispatcher called him back so he states with a load and inquired if he had taken care of the what they had talked about the day before he stated that they were as good as in gone far as he was concerned in the mail so to speak. She then asked u dumped them and he said no Mailed them.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
The first time I ever listened to an audiobook, I was driving my cargo van for Panther, and had a load delivering Monday am in NC. I don't remember where it picked up, but I left from home Sunday night, with plenty of time to get there. Until I realized, somewhere along I 40, that at some point, I needed to take an exit - and that point was 40 miles behind me. [It was a really good book!] I stopped to look at the atlas, [this was pre GPS, when we had to read a map to figure out how to get there], and decided that backtracking would waste even more time, as 40 went north, while I needed to go south. I picked out a nice route, and still expected to make delivery on time. Only, it's really, really, really dark in the middle-of-nowhere, Tennessee, in the middle of the night, ok? So I turned onto a road that wasn't what I wanted, and wasn't one I could find a way to get off of, or even turn around - not anywhere. It just kept winding around, going up & down, with nothing but trees as far as I could see. And it wasn't long before I realized that I could see: the sun was coming up, and I'd been on the road to nowhere for quite awhile already, with still no way out. I thought I'd better call dispatch, but there wasn't any signal on my cell or on the QC - uh oh.....As it got lighter, I tried to go faster, but now there were other cars around, and the hairpin turns were too many to risk it. I thought that now that I could see what was out there, it was just gorgeous: woods, waterfalls - really picturesque, and I'd love to come back and appreciate it some day, but on this day, it looked like Purgatory.
Finally, it spit me out, in Gatlinburg [!] and I grabbed the phone to call dispatch & explain the delay. I'll never forget Rodney's greeting when he answered the phone: "WHAT ARE YOU DOING TO ME?!" My arms were as limp as overcooked linguine from the deathgrip on the steering wheel, and he wants to know what I'm doing to him?!
I grabbed the atlas, figured out which way to go [the only way that doesn't have a "NO COMMERCIAL TRUCKS sign, lol] and zoomed to NC.
Made delivery 2 hours late, was docked 75% of the load pay, and [this is my favorite part] was chosen for a 'random' drug screen that afternoon.
[Did they think I took a couple hours off to get high in the forest?!]
It was a long time before I listened another audiobook while driving in the dark, lol. :eek:

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I had someone call and offer us a straight truck load for $1.50 a mile. I thought that was pretty funny.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
I dont know what it is about old ladies in nursing homes, men under 70 are fair game in thier eyes. Now two funny events at nurding homes.

when I was in the Jaycees we were playing bingo with the elderly and a girl I liked was calling the numbers. This lady walked up to me, pulled up her pants leg and was flirting with me. Needless to say all my Jaycee buddies cracked up and teased me heavily. "Lock up your wife, daughters, and grand ma cause here comes Joe.

The other was when I took Mom to see dad in the nursing home, he had alhimers, and this old lady was using her walker saying "help me, helpme," so I asked her how I could help and she said very loudly "kiss me!" My Mom cracked up, which she needed because she would be sad after visiting dad.

xmudman

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Last June I got a call on a run from Lincoln, NE to Lima, Oh. Pick at 1100, deliver same day at 1300. I told dispatch to offer it to my high school friend Glenn, who flies a 767 for UPS :)

Not Welcome in New York

danthewolf00

Veteran Expediter
A friend running the muti carrier gig got a overnight load taking a very oversized brand new coffin somewhere south last year.

Jamin_Joe

Seasoned Expediter
A friend running the muti carrier gig got a overnight load taking a very oversized brand new coffin somewhere south last year.

With my warped scense of humor, I was thinking about an airline for Undertakers called Dead Man Airlines, nobody complains.

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm sure it's true

Sent from my SGH-M919 using EO Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1400776773031.jpg
    1400776773031.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 48

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Last June I got a call on a run from Lincoln, NE to Lima, Oh. Pick at 1100, deliver same day at 1300. I told dispatch to offer it to my high school friend Glenn, who flies a 767 for UPS :)

Not Welcome in New York

On more than one occasion, I asked a Panther dispatcher whether I'd be able to use the race car they sponsored, cause that was the only way I could get it there in the time allowed, lol.
Sometimes, though, I'd just point out that having landing gear on the truck does not mean it can fly.
I bet they miss me. ;)

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
Wow, this is a frist. Drivers don't have funny stories to tell about their time on the road. Wombat has told some great ones to me and my wife.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
After hearing Wombat tell his "lot lizard" story nothing else could even come close.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using EO Forums mobile app

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
After hearing Wombat tell his "lot lizard" story nothing else could even come close.

Sent from my SCH-S738C using EO Forums mobile app

Did he tell you about the pack of smokes one also? Yes the Lot Lizard would be hard to beat.