fuel tanks

maybe_driving

Seasoned Expediter
What would it cost to replace the tanks on a FL70 I am looking at one by the tanks are in bad shape

In God we trust, everybody else keep were hands where we can see them

ooida#811397

greg334

Veteran Expediter
I got a qoute for steel tanks last month - $650 each for the cheap ones and $850 each for the OEM replacements. The tanks I have now have been repaired once and are not up to my standards and I don't want another set of used steel tanks on the truck.

As soon as I can, I am hitting the truck 'recycle' yards for aluminum tanks. I hope I can find a pair to replace the 75 gal tanks I have - don't want anything smaller but 100 gal tanks will be fine if they fit.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The last price on new aluminum ones were right around $1,000 a piece.
Plus of course whatever labor to install them.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

cadillack

Expert Expediter
>The last price on new aluminum ones were right around $1,000
>a piece.
>Plus of course whatever labor to install them.
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>Davekc
>owner
>22 years
>PantherII
>EO moderator

I just had 2 75 gal. tanks installed on 99 FL70 in Fort Wayne. Don't know what they are made of . $666.00 to install,cost of tanks $2800.00 including tax. I think they might be made out of gold.:+

woodman5455

Expert Expediter
I had my tanks on my 99 FL70 repaired in Cincinnati for $300 per tank. They took the tanks off and ran a pressure test on them. (found more leaks than I thought). They brazed the tanks and also coated them with a substance that looks like bed liner. This was to keep the salt out. Seems to be doing well.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
The tanks I priced I believe were from KW of Jacksonville or one of their suppliers. That was acouple of years ago. 2800 for two seems too high. I would shop that a bit.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

FAMILYEXPDT

Seasoned Expediter
I discovered a place in Akron, well actually Mogadore....that sells used fuel tanks for 1$ a gallon. You give them the dimensions and they see if they have it.....Sam Weiner is the name. I have gottem 2 from them myself in excellent shape and paid 100$ for one and 75$ for the other.

-Charlotte

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
The number for the main office is:

Sam Winer Motors - 330-628-4881

It's an interesting place - I've delivered ammo there a couple of times.