Fuel Surcharges

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
One thing I do not worry about is FSC.

If the load pays enough I take it and if the load does not pay enough I do not take it.

I like how our carrier pays FSC on our dead head miles and I have no complaints.

fortwayne

Not a Member
I found out last nite the fsc really doesn't matter. If the load pays your rate who cares. In this case it did not so I turned it down. I don't run a st at cv rates if its a long run. It doesn't make any sense to do that.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
The last 2 post got it right...who cares what the FSC is...Alll I look at is the gross pay of the load and how many miles it is...it is a quick calulation to see what the pay per mile is...if it profitable...I go, not not, i go back to bed...but since leasing to Load 1 that has never been an issue.....:)

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Kinda wondering which load you FSC advocates would run......a load at fity cent a mile with a buck FSC, or, aload that pays a buk sixty a mile all in????

wannatruck

Seasoned Expediter
Kinda wondering which load you FSC advocates would run......a load at fity cent a mile with a buck FSC, or, aload that pays a buk sixty a mile all in????

That would depend. If I'm working for myself, I'd take the 1.60 dependent on the destination. If I'm working for someone else, I'd take the load they told me to take. Both would be good rates, if conditions were right. I'll explain:

Load one pays .50 per mile, with 1.00 FSC. (to 1.50 per mile) at 300 miles to a hopping area for freight. Comes to 450.00 to the truck and a good chance at another load on the other end.

Load 2 pays 1.60 per mile, 300 miles to BFE...comes out at 480.00, but you'll have to deadhead to your next load, sucking down that extra 30 bucks.

Which would you run? I'd run the first, as I'm going to sit and wait for a quick reload instead of wasting fuel deadheading.

Makes sense to me anyway.