Fuel Stats 2015 Transit

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Expediting may change but Moot is still "The Man"! Found a home at the big cat
Wow, Big Al! Long time no post. Good to hear from you and hope all is well. I don't know if I'm The Man, but I'm still hanging in there. As for finding a home at the big cat, I guess its a place to hang my wheel chock. I can't believe I've been here two years longer than at Con-Way Now.

Thanks for the nod and why not post here more than once a year? Good to hear from you!

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2018 first half fuel stats: 2015 Ford Transit 350, 3.5 EcoBlaster, 3.31 rears, long and tall.

MPGs June 2018.jpg

Reactions: RoadTime

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Moot, care to share days on road to knock out that 1350 mile per week average ?
I can give you the number of per diem days I claim for tax purposes, 87.5 days. I will deadhead home most weekends and relocate on my own dime if I can't get a paid relocate.

Last edited:
Reactions: Treadmill

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I deadheaded home Tuesday afternoon from Chicago. I wanted to be home for the 4th and we have a wedding tomorrow afternoon. I do what I do and it works for me. As the price of fuel rises I do rethink the deadhead.

BigStickJr

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I deadheaded home Tuesday afternoon from Chicago. I wanted to be home for the 4th and we have a wedding tomorrow afternoon. I do what I do and it works for me. As the price of fuel rises I do rethink the deadhead.

Exactly the reason to expedite.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
2018 first half fuel stats: 2015 Ford Transit 350, 3.5 EcoBlaster, 3.31 rears, long and tall.

Nice Job. The most interesting thing I get from your figures is your CPM. Despite my Sprinters higher MPG, with the higher cost of diesel, it's pretty much a wash fuel wise. My CPM for the same time period is 0.14 also.

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Nice Job. The most interesting thing I get from your figures is your CPM. Despite my Sprinters higher MPG, with the higher cost of diesel, it's pretty much a wash fuel wise. My CPM for the same time period is 0.14 also.
A bit off topic, but do you buy your fuel at Pilot with your Fleet One card?
I can do much much better on price fueling at other places than pilot. I haven't used my Fleet One card yet. I know it is not as convenient, but I save some money that way.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I can do much much better on price fueling at other places than pilot. I haven't used my Fleet One card yet. I know it is not as convenient, but I save some money that way.

I dont use mine anymore. I can find fuel for sometimes 30 to 40 cents a gallon cheaper and it is not bio diesel.

Last edited:

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

I dont use mine anymore. I can find fuelfor sometimes 30 to 40 cents am gallon cheaper and it is not bio diesel.

Not very often, besides the higher cost, I swear my mileage goes down every time I fuel there :rolleyes:

guido4475

Not a Member

I dont use mine anymore. I can find fuelfor sometimes 30 to 40 cents am gallon cheaper and it is not bio diesel.

Not very often, besides the higher cost, I swear my mileage goes down every time I fuel there :rolleyes:

I believe that their fuel is garbage low grade. I know when I gas up elsewhere, my van seems to run even more powerful and better. I run 89 octane all the time. This held true when I ran diesel. I loved Sheetz premium fuel, and Petro was excellent as well.

guido4475

Not a Member
I was a bit concerned going from a 7.3 diesel van to my 5.4 van. I'm so glad that I did. So much cheaper for parts, oil changes, no fuel additives needed in the winter, no need to plug it in, just so much better all around. Sure, fuel mileage is less, but so is the cost of gasoline. Today's gas engines last just as long as a diesel engine, with proper maintenance. And how much cheaper is a gas engine versus a diesel on a dealer order form, granted a diesel engine van brings better resale value. I'll never go back to a diesel knowing the difference now.

djidok

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Hey there Moot. By my Professional Calculations here.... you've done about 253,079 miles since 2015 i assume you got it new..... Any major work been done? How is the tire life?
Turbos go yet? trans?
Overall how is the truck treating you