Fuel Stats 2015 Transit

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Moot, EcoBlaster? Talk to me about this engine. Lol
The EcoBlaster is a dilithium crystal fueled, twin warp drive, V-6 engine capable of time and spinal compression.
f80993de0ed5750345654b0c65d58f1e.jpg

Reactions: Moot and DollarSign

ShortbusS

New Recruit
Researching
I am hoping to take delivery of the 2017 model of the same van tomorrow. Was curious about actual mileage numbers. Thanks.

ShortbusS

Reactions: scottm4211

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I am not as exacting as others. Let's just call it 16 MPG on my '15 Transit long & tall 350. FYI, I do mostly 69 on highways

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
The following are my year totals for a Ford Transit T-350, long and tall, 3.5L EcoBlaster, 3.31 rears. In October I put on larger tires (245/75 R16) and corrected my mileage by 8%.
What would you say is your average highway speed?....
Corrected mileage by 8%...is that plus/minus?

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Average freeway cruising speed 65 mph. 2 lane highways 60. My odometer shows 8% less than the actual miles. For every 100 miles I log on the odometer I traveled 108 miles. Also at 60 mph on the speedometer my actual speed is 65 mph. At the end of each trip I add up fuel costs, gallons, and odometer miles. I take the total odometer miles and multiple by 1.08 to get the correct mileage. Some fine day I will get my speedometer/odometer re-calibrated to compensate for the larger diameter tires.

Reactions: Ftransit

Pro3500

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
Average freeway cruising speed 65 mph. 2 lane highways 60. My odometer shows 8% less than the actual miles. For every 100 miles I log on the odometer I traveled 108 miles. Also at 60 mph on the speedometer my actual speed is 65 mph. At the end of each trip I add up fuel costs, gallons, and odometer miles. I take the total odometer miles and multiple by 1.08 to get the correct mileage. Some fine day I will get my speedometer/odometer re-calibrated to compensate for the larger diameter tires.
Moot, can't that be corrected at the dealer? Recalibrated.

Reactions: artie

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A dealer should be able to recalibrate the odometer and speedometer. I haven't bothered to check yet.

Reactions: Pro3500

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
Came out to Utah the other day you know the 75 and 80 mile-per-hour stretches of Interstate. I have the 3.7 gas medium roof long wheelbase I was very disheartened while driving on cruise control at those highway speeds. Continually dropping down into 5000 RPM and then even 4000 RPM to get up the hills. Gas mileage is about 14.5 now when speeds were 62 to 68 miles per hour the tachometer did not go up past 3000 RPM and I achieve 17.5 average someone said it best this truck/ engine combo, it's not an open road vehicle. By the way I had a thousand pounds on the truck. I no longer expedie therefore this truck is a great combination for the occasional open road trip. Driving through the winter storm the truck handled very well with stability control and traction control. on a sheet of ice for about 200 miles

Sent from my BLU LIFE XL using EO Forums mobile app

wayneygogo

Seasoned Expediter
I would like to add to the above for those seeking a van to expedite. When going up the hills I deactivated the cruise control and used only the gas pedal my gas mileage was better doing that. Also going up the hills I would lose speed. I did not lose any speed if I let the motor remain on cruise control it had plenty of torque and Power butt I did not like the RPMs in the 35 - 4000 RPM range . When I only use the throttle the RPM's would decrease but the power seems somewhat lacking because I would lose about 5 to 8 miles per hour climbing the hill. Coming from a Chevy 6.0 that was not the case. It is a different way to make tourqe .This motor requires higher RPM it takes getting used to. I'm just concerned about reliability issues at higher RPMs. I know Ford does make high RPM engines that are very dependable look at the 3:02. Subaru makes the 2.5 engine that was made to rev High and they last 700000 miles so if anyone has any comment about the reliability other 3.7 gas engine please elaborate

Sent from my BLU LIFE XL using EO Forums mobile app

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The following are my totals for the first 6 months of this year. Ford Transit T-350, long and tall, 3.5L EcoBlaster, 3.31 rears. In October 2016 I put on larger diameter tires (245/75 R16) and corrected my mileage by 8%. These totals are actual miles divided by number of gallons and not from the onboard display.
MPGs 2017.png