Fuel may sky rocket

idtrans

Expert Expediter
If we end up fighting with Iran worse we may have serious issues. Are any of you all ready like I am incase fuel sky rockets past $5 or $7 a gallon. I am ready for a plan B. Hope some of you all are because the freight won't pay any better and for your people thinking a fuel sur charge is help WAKE UP !!! I hang up when a broker says fuel sur charge means he wants to rip me off.

Whats your point of view on this subject ?

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
Simple. Cost of fuel doubles and the pay for freight stays the same.. I stop driving the truck and sit on my butt at home.

I'm not rich, but I have enough to ride out the storm.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Obama plans to get fuel to $6-$8 a gallon. He wants it there. So do his loony left friends. Plan on it.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Just another increase in the cost of doing business.....no one forces anyone to do what we do..it certainly will thin the herd though....

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
If we end up fighting with Iran worse we may have serious issues. Are any of you all ready like I am incase fuel sky rockets past $5 or $7 a gallon.
Sorry ... but you to need to be thinking at $8 to $10 per gallon at least .....

And expect similar jumps in the cost of anything that has transportation and fuel as a major component of it's cost - which is pretty much everything (and figure out how that's going to work for the entire economy)

I am ready for a plan B.
Good luck .....

Dunno if you are, but you need to be looking waaaay ahead .... as the above will most likely be permanent .....

Whats your point of view on this subject ?
You need to research and educate yourself about what it means when the US Dollar is the world's reserve currency - as it is now (it makes the prices of commodities and goods cheap to the US)

.... and what will happen when it no longer is .....

BTW, this has already started to occur - when the full collapse occurs, it will likely happen very quickly ....

Have a look at what the heavyweight finance dudes are saying:

"The country’s most successful investor Warren Buffet similarly says the U.S. will inflate away the value of the currency to pay off the astonishing debts and obligations. Bill Gross the managing partner of PIMCO, the world’s largest bond fund, says the dollar will fall by at least twenty percent in the next year to two. Legendary currency trader Jim Rogers argues that the dollar is finished, and he is heavily buying gold and silver."

What If The U.S. Dollar Loses Reserve Currency Status?

Even Lucifier's Handmaiden (George Soros) sees it coming:

"The big question is whether the U.S. dollar should be the reserve currency. It no longer is[;] it shares that role with the euro, other currencies and commodities. But it's not just gold being used as a substitute, but oil too, which is putting upward pressure on the market."

Soros: U.S. Dollar No Longer World Reserve Currency

There's a reason why Rupert Murdoch married a piece of Chinese squeeze and now lives in China ..... and it ain't because of the local cuisine ....

Obama plans to get fuel to $6-$8 a gallon. He wants it there. So do his loony left friends. Plan on it.
What Obama (or anyone else in the US) wants will probably have very little to do with what eventually happens .....

Who will have something to do with it, is all those people all over the world that we seem to be going out of our way to repeatedly pizz off .....

But hey - going around sticking out our chests like the impotent banty roosters that we actually are seems to be all the rage these days ..... so for anyone who feels so inclined, by all means: continue ......

Last edited:

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
WHAT? You mean the sky is falling again?

Your telling me Obama is going to fight a muslim country?

Your telling me that a fsc won't make up for the cost of fuel? (I've been doing quite well off of fsc for the last few years)

Your telling me that the price of fuel is going to skyrocket and people who are already broke are going to keep buying it with money they don't have and the price will stay that high?

Yes, I believe it will spike if something happens in Iran. I also believe that the demand will drop immediatley this time rather than 6 months later like it did in '08. What happend after the money dried up in '08 and people quit buying fuel because they couldn't afford it? The price dropped. Oil prices dropped to something like $30-$40/barrell for a while.

Maybe the price will get so high that it makes it financially impossible to import junk from China?

Since you so convinced of a price spike, I'm sure you have invested in oil price tracking mutual funds?

ChrisGa23

Expert Expediter
I don't think price of fuel will go up to high with elections coming up. If it gets up that high he will never be reelected.

Load One #188

hdxpedx

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
Had the Keystone pipeline been approved, oil speculators would had gone short! After Katrina oil dropped from $100 to $30 in three months..obumer bends backward for the greens first!

moose

Veteran Expediter
As a transportation service provider,
i never did, and never will,
pay for fuel price increases.
over the years, my actual fuel cost never exceed one $ a gallon.
i do believe that the FSC will continue to be pass on to the freight provider @ no increase cost to the drivers.

this will not effect our per load profit margin,
it will effect loads availability.

it will also effect our buying power, if inflation role in,
so i do my best, as i did for long time,
to avoid spending any money,
& save as mach i can for a rainy day.
waiting the storm, will allow the ones that prevail to cash-in BIG time.

i do not worry about a national crises,
because of my inability to actually make a difference on America's trade.
so from my POV the sky not falling. & never will.

i also do not worry about the
'it's the end of the world as we know it' - talking heads.
they normally don't know any better in predicting the future.

it is also a very warm & cozy feeling to know that
IF America fail,
i can always count on Israel to save me.:eek:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
about $1 a gallon for me too.....doesn't everyone? MY fsc usually covers 100% of my fuel costs sometime I have to throw in a couple bucks for the cheaper customers......IF my fsc keeps up...it could go to $12 bucks a gallon......other then the cost of everything else going up..I am good.....

idtrans

Expert Expediter
Ok so are they going to make a tire sur charge? PM sur charge ? food sur charge ? parts sur charge? I understand the fuel sur charge concept. But the fuel isn't the only rising cost. Why do you think more and more companies are pushing people into lease deals easy so they eliminate their loosing profit factor the truck itself ! The trailers don't cost them the trucks do !

about $1 a gallon for me too.....doesn't everyone? MY fsc usually covers 100% of my fuel costs sometime I have to throw in a couple bucks for the cheaper customers......IF my fsc keeps up...it could go to $12 bucks a gallon......other then the cost of everything else going up..I am good.....

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ok so are they going to make a tire sur charge? PM sur charge ? food sur charge ? parts sur charge? I understand the fuel sur charge concept. But the fuel isn't the only rising cost. Why do you think more and more companies are pushing people into lease deals easy so they eliminate their loosing profit factor the truck itself ! The trailers don't cost them the trucks do !
Seen the price of beef? The cost of tires already going/gone up....a loaf of bread....yes it will get worse...

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Ok so are they going to make a tire sur charge? PM sur charge ? food sur charge ? parts sur charge?

Simple, just increase the rate you charge your customers to pay for your increased expenses. I increase my rate every Jan. 1st.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
IF the price of fuel does spike, I'm not concerned about it in the realm of what I'm paying for fuel. What it does to the economy concerns me more. But, I personally believe that there has to be source of money to buy the product in order to sustain a price increase. There is no excess of spendable income in people's pockets this time around so that won't sustain it imo.

What Rlent said about investors using oil as a safe haven for their money as compared to gold or silver in a currency crisis, that would worry me more than anything else. I also think that has more of a chance of happening. Although, I think those same investors will find it to be a foolish gamble for the same reasons I mention earlier. If nobody can afford the product, the price will come back to a point where they can.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Don't think we are going to go to war with Iran, it may be a very short war, they will most likely unleash more problems for us than we can for them.

BUT I already paid $5 plus a gallon a bunch of times and survived so I don't think it's going to stop some of us.

idtrans

Expert Expediter
The NW area oil is all being sold to China and teh drilling is paid for with China funding !