Fuel Cards

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Wondering if anyone knows of a good fuel card for o/o c & m does not have one and even if they did I wouldn't use it, I like to cover my fuel myself. I have seen the one offered by ooida and tabb wondering if anyone knows of any others.

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
Wondering if anyone knows of a good fuel card for o/o c & m does not have one and even if they did I wouldn't use it, I like to cover my fuel myself. I have seen the one offered by ooida and tabb wondering if anyone knows of any others.

I used a Fleet card for a few months last year and I was happy to get rid of it. They withdraw money directly from your bank account every week so you have to keep a mental tab of how much your next bill is so you'll have enough money in there. Another problem is they combine one or more purchases on invoices and give you one or more invoices each week. Matching what you actually spent and how much you're being charged shouldn't be hard but they try their best to make it hard.

I've found I do better by shopping for price using gasbuddy.com and keeping an eye on what states have cheaper fuel. About the only time I'll fuel at the big chains is for the free shower and unless I'm feeling extra lazy I'll limit my purchase to the required 50 gals.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Best fuel card I have heard of is the one NASTC offers. While there is a membership fee the fee is quickly covered by the discounts. We know several independent operators that are members of NASTC and their discount is the same as ours or better. Theirs is close enough to ours that it will not pay for the membership to belong to NASTC.

Any company that does not offer a fuel discount program the drivers need to look at the NASTC card.

NASTC ? Welcome To The National Association Of Small Trucking Companies - 800.264.8580

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I used Natso Check Link for many years.
It was $30 per year and most Truckstops honored it.
It's a check approval site. Walk in with your check, walk out with your fuel ticket and cash.
No transaction fees or surprises. Many places debit the funds immediately so you've lost the "float".
It's nice, easy, and you feel in control. Cash price always.
I stopped using it when I got a carrier card with good discounts.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Something people forget.
People running at $1.50 pm may not be doing as well as a guy running at $1.50pm with a 40 cent fuel discount.

When comparing carriers you have to look at the total picture. Fuel discounts often get forgotten.

spongebox1

Expert Expediter
Nastc fleet-one, great card and fairly yard friendly.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I guess not having to use truck stops (I can fuel at any station selling diesel), having the Wright Express card comes in handy.

Last edited:

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I had the Wright Card for a few years.
The gummit uses it a lot, so many places take it.
It wasn't cost efficient. Higher fees.

They call me once a year or so and tell me they've made great improvements. I never listen to the speal as I have no plans of changing cards now.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I just use a cash back credit card. Pay it off every payday. Saving my cash back rewards for air fare to Vegas next spring. Free tickets!

Last edited:

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Are you getting cash price at the pump ?

49a26d64f4da4527440f6a706700b612.jpg

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Gasoline powered Cargo Van, same price cash or credit at 99% of the stations that I see. Sorry, never considered the difference between cash or credit on the big truck islands. But it works for CV's.

cranis

Expert Expediter
Driver
This might be something, They have master card and fleet maint. also deal with several rental car agencys. Which can be helpful if need quick rental van such as from enterprise and hertz.(for trucks, because they own hertz, The also have a card to direct deposit to comdata, My company has been with them for years,. The M/C charge can only be used for fuel (gas) and nothing else.

Donlen Contact Us Form

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Decided to join NASTC. They seem to have the best deal. Thanks everybody for your input.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
So I got my NAFTA/ FLEET ONE fuel card i will be ging back in service next week so I will keep you poste on how well it works and how good the discount really is. I do like the fact that I get a daily e-mail 24 hr notice on whether the fuel price is going up or down and by how much or if its staying the same.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
i use quarles fleet fuel card you use it and at the end of month send you a bill and you pay it

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
i use quarles fleet fuel card you use it and at the end of month send you a bill and you pay it

Do you get a discount? if so how much? With the NAFTA the average discount is .18 off the cash pump price. you also get tire discounts,dot inspection discounts, and p.m. discounts at TA/PETRO.