Fuel Cards

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
there is no fuel discount unless you buy alot of fuel with quarles fleet card
i use it when hurricanes come thru area and gas station don't have fuel cause there is no power
they have gen set for powering pumps

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
OK I really like the Fleet One/NASTC card it cost $250.00 a year to join NASTC and a one time fee of $50.00 to fleet one to set up the account then Fleet One charges $3.50 A month maint. fee I have made that back and then some. The average discount is .18cents off the cash price sometimes higher sometimes lower. In atlanta at the petro I got 160 gallons and saved $60.00 off the cash price other times it was $30.00 off for the same amount. Got 100 gallons the other day and saved $20.00. They take the money out your account once a week and you set up what day of the week you want them to auto draft it but they invoice you via email a day before so you be sure to have the funds available. Also get discounts on tires and service at TA Petro and you can set it up to get cash advances and buy stuff in the store.

robh2

Veteran Expediter
I am confused. Truckstops usually have cash and card prices for fuel. Is this Fleet One card accepted as cash with a discount on top of that? Better than carrying around a couple grand for decent fuel prices.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Typically the Credit price started for those using normal credit cards like Visa.
Visa would charge the fuel stop a fee which they then passed along to you.

Yes, many fuel cards get cash price plus a discount because they may pay the fuel stop daily.

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Bought 160 gallons of fuel the other day in Antioch, TN only got $5.00 off the cash price. Seems like the discount is droppng if it doesn't go back up I might sign up for the companies Comdata card for a .08c discount off the cash price.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Bought 160 gallons of fuel the other day in Antioch, TN only got $5.00 off the cash price. Seems like the discount is droppng if it doesn't go back up I might sign up for the companies Comdata card for a .08c discount off the cash price.

Once fuel prices start changing for spring you should see the discount go up.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using EO Forums mobile app

aquitted

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Paul lud was right big discounts are back bought 135 gal and saved $70.00 off the cash price!