Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Was looking for my decoder ring, but couldn't find it :rolleyes:

92_2511_ucp.jpg

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't understand it. There are hardly any schools closed tomorrow, when the windchill will be the same as it was when they closed Thurs and Friday.
I was just saying the same thing to my wife. She is a para in Farmington , hoping for them to call school.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was just saying the same thing to my wife. She is a para in Farmington , hoping for them to call school.

What constitutes a Legal school year? How many days minimum are required to attend?....anything below the legal required amount and they have to extend the school year which is tons of aggrivation...I would check to see if they were trying to balance the books by risking your childs safety.....just one thought....

Murraycroexp

Veteran Expediter
What constitutes a Legal school year? How many days minimum are required to attend?....anything below the legal required amount and they have to extend the school year which is tons of aggrivation...I would check to see if they were trying to balance the books by risking your childs safety.....just one thought....

Our local district started the kids on "calamity bags" of homework. Supposedly it's extra work they do to catch up when they run out of "snow days". I don't really buy into their value as a true replacement for classroom time, but yes, I'd rather that than to see something horrible on the 5 o'clock news.

littlejoe

Veteran Expediter
OVM

I think they plan a week in to the school year for weather like this. If it goes over that week, they make it up by adding days on at the end of the school year

Which really perturbs the kids