FRESH START FEBRUARY

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well it didn't really slow down. In a 2 week period, I made close to my normal income for an entire quarter.

I did have 4 full days off in that time, but the tax collector made it seem like work. Lost an entire day doing that. Something called "disclosure" the last step before jail I guess.

Somehow I thought I was going to change their procedures to reflect the reality of self employed. I give up. I'll file quarterly and take them to court if it isn't assessed by next quarter (TLDR they garnish my gross pay as if I was an employee that somehow escaped payroll deductions) here we go with the idiocy of giving them an interest free loan only for them to give it right back...

Really wish they'd change to a US style system. I am NOT allowed to deduct mileage. ACTUAL expenses ONLY. Defined by law to apply to any cargo carrying vehicle. (Buying a passenger Transit and removing the seats might work, but against the past 14 years of returns, probably not.)

Btw drivers in NJ are still insane, and NYC area is almost pleasant to drive in on a Saturday. Almost

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Treadmill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Well it didn't really slow down. In a 2 week period, I made close to my normal income for an entire quarter.

I did have 4 full days off in that time, but the tax collector made it seem like work. Lost an entire day doing that. Something called "disclosure" the last step before jail I guess.

Somehow I thought I was going to change their procedures to reflect the reality of self employed. I give up. I'll file quarterly and take them to court if it isn't assessed by next quarter (TLDR they garnish my gross pay as if I was an employee that somehow escaped payroll deductions) here we go with the idiocy of giving them an interest free loan only for them to give it right back...

Really wish they'd change to a US style system. I am NOT allowed to deduct mileage. ACTUAL expenses ONLY. Defined by law to apply to any cargo carrying vehicle. (Buying a passenger Transit and removing the seats might work, but against the past 14 years of returns, probably not.)

Btw drivers in NJ are still insane, and NYC area is almost pleasant to drive in on a Saturday. Almost

Try Sunday it is sweet.

Reactions: brokcanadian

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
Nothing is off the table for future plans.
However, I've yet to be able to make the numbers work enough to justify a solo straight.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums
Did you do your research on Schneider? Just watch your back. The drivers are a bunch of snitches in competition to see how many other drivers they can get fired. And talking on ANY kind of phone, hands-free or not, is grounds for dismissal. Micromanaging is for children, not adults who are in control of an 80,000# truck.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Did you do your research on Schneider? Just watch your back. The drivers are a bunch of snitches in competition to see how many other drivers they can get fired. And talking on ANY kind of phone, hands-free or not, is grounds for dismissal. Micromanaging is for children, not adults who are in control of an 80,000# truck.
Hands free or not. Not having a Qualcomm I guess I can't comprehend that.

On the other hand, it sounds peaceful

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Unless I really fit with Schneider, this is a short term stepping stone. Being away from TT driving for 20 years. They offered the best training program with out cost or contract/obligation that I came across to get me back up to speed. My plans are definitely not long term

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to like El Paso ... a bunch! ... sadly no more.
I passed through there last week, while I was heading west .... 15 vans at the Flying J.
It's on the Do Not Go To list with a bunch of others.

Reactions: RoadTime

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
I used to like El Paso ... a bunch! ... sadly no more.
I passed through there last week, while I was heading west .... 15 vans at the Flying J.
It's on the Do Not Go To list with a bunch of others.
Yup, but so far we haven't been hurt there - yet! If we start saying no to all the places with 15 vans i would have to quit

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
This week out with my trainer is going by fast.
Monday Green Bay to Shippensburg PA. Wed loaded for Lansing Mi. Thursday scheduled pickup back up to Green Bay. Maybe a Friday down to Chicago and back to Green Bay, then will be heading home for a few days

It's not all rainbows and unicorns, but I think I found where the freights been hiding

piper1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
No wonder van get hassled at truck stops now. I'm at the Pilot in Toledo, and 2 Sprinters and a Chevy van have managed to take up 8 parking spaces out in the middle of the lot. All while there are 11 spots along the edge where you can back in and only be using 1 spot. The one Sprinter is at least straight and is only using 2 spots, and is at the end away from the building so not too bad, Mr Chevy is parked beside him at about a 30 degree angle and about 7 feet away using 3 spots and the other Sprinter is at the other end of the middle spots closest to the building, also askew taking up 3 spots. All appear to be asleep for the night. Wow.

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
No wonder van get hassled at truck stops now. I'm at the Pilot in Toledo, and 2 Sprinters and a Chevy van have managed to take up 8 parking spaces out in the middle of the lot. All while there are 11 spots along the edge where you can back in and only be using 1 spot. The one Sprinter is at least straight and is only using 2 spots, and is at the end away from the building so not too bad, Mr Chevy is parked beside him at about a 30 degree angle and about 7 feet away using 3 spots and the other Sprinter is at the other end of the middle spots closest to the building, also askew taking up 3 spots. All appear to be asleep for the night. Wow.
Exactly why Love's doesn't want us and PFJ, in several locations, have started enforcing 2 hour limit. Idiots - the same ones that litter and piss through the toilet seat without raising it

Sent from my moto z3 using EO Forums mobile app