FRESH START FEBRUARY

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The whole concept is idiotic. Imo
Be interested to see the price vs a normal car and driver salary. Is it useful beyond the "wow" factor? I dunno. But staying home while I send my van out alone to work for me sounds awesome

Assuming the public would be given the opportunity to buy one. If it kills somebody will it's insurance go up get ready for a circus

Will Customs ask it what it bought while away, and how long it was out of the country?

Anyway the dawn of a new era I guess. Pretty sure I could take a course to fix them, Robot Roadside Assistance... although electric doesn't break down as often apparently.

Yep you retired at the right time, and can watch from a comfy chair

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Reactions: Ragman and ntimevan

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Yes, I officially announce my employment with Schneider :bobtail:
Day 3 of training completed :cool:
Having a really good experience so far.
Today was just a awsome day. It's been 20 years since I've drove tractor-trailer.
My instructor keeps asking me, "you sure it's been 20 years?"
I guess my knowledge and skill base is exceeding expectations ;)
Long days, studying, and information over load is keeping me on my toes.
But overall, I'm having a blast and enjoying new challenges.

The yard/road truck I've been using.

View attachment 19752
Good for you really glad for ya!!

NorthernBill

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Up date on my Sprinter. Turned out to be a holed no 1 cyl. There were parts of a valve, injector and glow plug on top. MB mechanic did comprestion test, after I agreed to replace the high pressure fuel pump. Had it transported to Wyane’s place from Nashville, TN. He has a good used engine. Wasn’t ready to give up on the van. Definitely got us thinking about what we want to do next.

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Up date on my Sprinter. Turned out to be a holed no 1 cyl. There were parts of a valve, injector and glow plug on top. MB mechanic did comprestion test, after I agreed to replace the high pressure fuel pump. Had it transported to Wyane’s place from Nashville, TN. He has a good used engine. Wasn’t ready to give up on the van. Definitely got us thinking about what we want to do next.

I normally document everything. Daimler should be sending you a survey via email. Roast those SOBs in Nashville! Send a copy to the service manager of the dealership and whoever else you can.

Good luck with the repairs ....!

Reactions: NorthernBill

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks Turtle.

For that offhand comment you can break into a sprinter thru the small window. (Several years ago)

I undid my license plate bolts with my fingers (which were numb from trying to pull the rubber around the window out) and used the license plate to pry around the window till it popped out

Time to do my laundry so I don't use the jacket that drops everything when you reach down for something (my keys were found on my bed, would have fallen out when I was checking the freight)

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Grizzly

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
What's the difference between an expediter sitting at a truck stop waiting for the phone to ring and a day laborer in the parking lot at Home Depot?