&$#^&&* Freightliner

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
My fan repair lasted 6 days. It is back to running the entire time the AC is on. This is starting to suck. I won't get a chance to have it looked at until Friday at the soonest. I just love wasting money, I have soooo much to spare. Layoutshooter

greg334

Veteran Expediter
What did they do to fix it in the first place?

AND I think my truck read these posts, the fan is coming on too much for my tastes lately. Maybe if I get enough energy, I will buy the parts and break down the A/C in the fall.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They replaced the expansion valves and the dryer. They flushed the system and re-charged it. They also fixed a leaked drain pipe. They claimed the expansion valves were causing the fan problem. I have not had a chance to call them. I really don't don't know where to try it this time. Anyone ever have AC work done at Stoops in Lima OH? I am having seats put in there on Friday, if they come in. Layoutshooter

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Boy that is my thoughts on Freightliner dealerships also. Our last fix on the road we had done at a Peterbilt that worked on Cat Motors. We were pleasantly surprised at how quick the work was done, and how well we were treated. Was a very nice change.

I hope this time you will get it fixed right and have no more problems this year.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks, this is getting to be expensive. Would not mind the cost if the repairs worked. I must be getting goofy, why did I put this in the newbies? I meant to put it in truck talk. Guess I have been driving too much. Layoutshooter

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I just thought you were wanting to warn Newbies about the thrills of getting your truck worked on! I will try to move this post but I will warn you my last attempt turned out terrible!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
When at home we always take the truck to Caterpillar for all engine work we have a great shop also that works on our Allison Transmission.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looks like you got it moved!!! I guess warning the newbies was cool too. I should have thought of that, I would have been a hero!!!! The Freightliner in Albany did a good job on the frayed wire problem we had. Most of the almost $400 was in labor. I could not argue that one, electrical problems can be really hard to find. I have re-wired many boats since we could not find the one bad wire. I may need a "asylum" before this AC/fan problem is fixed. Layoutshooter

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
There is a guy named Wally at the Dayton Stoops that fixed my Fan problem on my old M2. He is in on Sundays if I remember right. Sorry I don't remember what the fix was, my Maintenance records went with the truck when I sold it. But Wally is the best one there.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Thanks, I will look into it. I was asking about the Lima shop since that is were my seats are coming in. I am willing to go "almost" anywhere to get this other thing fixed. It is costing me about 1/4 to 1/2 mpg. That is adding up fast. Not to mention that god-awful noise and loss of power. Layoutshooter

spudhead911

Seasoned Expediter
Freightliner in Albany is a good shop, we have a lot of work done there. TSI Western Star in North Jackson, OH is also a good shop, they do work on all makes of engines and know what they are doing. They are open six days a week, you might want to give them a call, Bill Moore, the owner, is a very honest man and runs an honest shop with techs who know thier job.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Ok, I will check them out too. I wish this had happened when it was in the shop in Albany. They seemed like they know what they are doing. Layoutshooter