freightliner parts

big guy

Expert Expediter
Guys, after reading all your horror stories about all the breakdowns, lack of service and parts for Freightliner, I'm reconsidering what I'll purchase! Does anyone have anything good to say about Freightliner?

What about International? Anything positive????

Need to make a decision asap and get on with it.

Stay safe!

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
We have owned just about all of them at one time or another. Their initial truck price is higher but for service and available parts go either KW or Pete.
Since there are more Freightliners, you will tend to see more issues with them. Few ever report the good.

Davekc
owner
21 years
PantherII
EO moderator

x06col

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Army
Seem we have one or two of each. Freightliner service (for ALL my experiences so far) sucks. No parts, give a ##### attitude, rah, rah, humma, humma. Peterbuilt service is generally very good. However, we use the class 7 330 model, therein lies the problem for Pete, not really a lot of 330's around so dealers don't stock a lot of parts for them, or, the 8.3 Cummins on board. Experience with the KW T-300 is about the same as with Pete. I believe if I were going to purchase a new truck today for a one truck o/o operation, new to the business, typical toy truck with single axle, 32,000 GVW, Expediter, I would go with the old basic Farmall with the DT-466 (which has been around since the 70's or before) It is easily and economically rebuilt in frame, excellent dealer network (even in the podunkvills), good parts availability (literally millions of 466's in this country) The people really have to work hard to screw up what international has going for them, and, most don't want to put forth that effort. (my spin) Believe my choice would be a Farmall i've had good luck with them.

RichM

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
In addition to the Dealer Network ,when the mechanics go to trade or diesel school the DT 466 is commonly used for training.