Foreign Workers Walk Off Job At Hershey Packaging Plant

paullud

Veteran Expediter
JB hunt has been calling me too and Schneider will hire anybody too .
where your bother is a partner. so you can get a job because you know somebody .
well i did the travel to and it was months not a few weeks we didnt see each other. so i guess i never make sacrifices or not like i dont know how too .

Those aren't the ones I was thinking of but I would drive for them if I needed to. I knew you would focus in on the fact that my brother is a partner there but I mentioned it to be honest. I told you I have other companies that will hire me, I even told you I would be making less money if I go work for him but he needs my help, and I am currently working so I am not getting any benefit because he is a partner there but keep being negative since it has worked out well for you so far. If you didn't get home for months that is because you picked the wrong carrier, unless you are talking about the training period which some people get home some don't but it is a choice drivers make for a better future. In PA you can be home every weekend and likely have a lot of weeks where you get back during the week.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

paullud

Veteran Expediter
yes it is amazing how people will close their mind to the truth

like a job will hire a person then when their probation is up the company will not hire them . yes it is done i have seen it and they were good workers . i guess it is to do about benfits

Oh wow you saw someone have a bad experience with a company, you know what you are right everyone is out to get me, the man wants to keep me down, and this proves to me 9/11 was an inside job. My mind has been opened to the truth, finally the evidence comes forward to prove all the conspiracy theories are right, even the ones that contradict the other ones. Oh thank you mystery man for exposing George Bush to be the evil genius he really is. I now know I have no control over my life so I will just give up. Anybody want my van? I bet you could drive it for months before the greedy banks take it back just because I stopped paying them, the man is always trying to keep me down.

The End

Last edited:

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Those aren't the ones I was thinking of but I would drive for them if I needed to. I knew you would focus in on the fact that my brother is a partner there but I mentioned it to be honest. I told you I have other companies that will hire me, I even told you I would be making less money if I go work for him but he needs my help, and I am currently working so I am not getting any benefit because he is a partner there but keep being negative since it has worked out well for you so far. If you didn't get home for months that is because you picked the wrong carrier, unless you are talking about the training period which some people get home some don't but it is a choice drivers make for a better future. In PA you can be home every weekend and likely have a lot of weeks where you get back during the week.

i traveled for the military contracter . i will not drive class A not that i cant . to me it is to stressfully . even pulling my pup up camper i am stressed . ever nosie i hear i am looking out ever mirror to make sure that something didnt fell off . i am to safety . but i know you are not like and will say get over it because it doesnt bother you .

sort of like when i hurt my back .you cant think of the people who said i was faking it . i dont know how they could tell by just looking at me but they did . just like now i have a dead foot i can trip on a pebble . . but to look at my leg you cant tell . so how can other people tell . i had them check the nerves where they stick 2 needles and the send electric through them. they said from my knee down is dead in spots .

so i ask how can you or anybody judge other people untill you walk in their shoes first .

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Oh wow you saw someone have a bad experience with a company, you know what you are right everyone is out to get me, the man wants to keep me down, and this proves to me 9/11 was an inside job. My mind has been opened to the truth, finally the evidence comes forward to prove all the conspiracy theories are right, even the ones that contradict the other ones. Oh thank you mystery man for exposing George Bush to be the evil genius he really is. I now know I have no control over my life so I will just give up. Anybody want my van? I bet you could drive it for months before the greedy banks take it back just because I stopped paying them, the man is always trying to keep me down.

The End

never said it was at one company . it was more then one . so is that the way to treat people . and then you wonder why people are lazy . not something you thought about once . you only think they were just lazy .and want every thing handed to them.

you can only beat a animal for so long before they give up and hope you just kill them . (i have seen that ) something the city boys dont see .

i ask again why did they have the tea party of 1773 is it because they were forced to work harder to pay the extra taxes ??

and you are making fun of me . but you are the one believes in a NWO

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
but you are the one believes in a NWO

I love the NWO. :D

newworldorder-300x244.jpg

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
whats wrong with a nwo?
clcooper,

I find it funny that you rant on and on about conspiracies in gov't / nwo etc... But when I ask you if we did accept them as truth and it happened, you can't explain what you are fighting against, it's like your fighting against the machine for the sake of it and you don't even remember what you are fighting for anymore.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
clcooper,

I find it funny that you rant on and on about conspiracies in gov't / nwo etc... But when I ask you if we did accept them as truth and it happened, you can't explain what you are fighting against, it's like your fighting against the machine for the sake of it and you don't even remember what you are fighting for anymore.

when did you ask me

clcooper

Expert Expediter
I asked you in post 107 where I quoted you. I've also asked you in the past but you ignore it.

because i have seen the light . it has burned my eyes. so now i cant see any more . and it fried my mind closed . so i am not able to open my mind and think for my self . i have to go around with blinders on so i can only see what is right in front of me .

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
These are kind of fitting i think, so...With apologies to Rod Sterling, here are the 3 Introductions that were used over the years at the start of each episode:

1) You're traveling through another dimension -- a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land whose boundaries are that of imagination. That's a signpost up ahead: your next stop: the Twilight Zone!

2) You unlock this door with the key of imagination. Beyond it is another dimension: a dimension of sound, a dimension of sight, a dimension of mind. You're moving into a land of both shadow and substance, of things and ideas. You've just crossed over into... the Twilight Zone.

3) There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call "The Twilight Zone".

:rolleyes:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I just find it interesting that adults will act like so spoiled. It is amazing someone will just give up and be so paranoid that everyone is out to get them.

Spoiled? I guess some were, by having a job for 20 years, with benefits & some feeling of security, enough to pay the mortgage on a modest house in a decent neighborhood, drive a decent car, go out to Sunday brunch at IHOP every now & then.
Then getting the 'pink slip', bucking up & printing resumes, searching the 'help wanted' ads, making do with the 60% of their former income that unemployment pays, trying not to get discouraged at the interviews that don't end with an offer, the 'looks' from those still lucky enough to have a job, finding it harder every day to keep trying....
Why is it unreasonable to wish for a society where everyone who wants to work can, and earn enough to live a decent [modest] life? Where the decisionmakers at the top decide that 50X the average worker's pay is enough, they don't really need or deserve 400X as much? Where profit doesn't overrule ethics? Where quality of life is considered an integral part of 'pursuit of happiness'?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Spoiled? I guess some were, by having a job for 20 years, with benefits & some feeling of security, enough to pay the mortgage on a modest house in a decent neighborhood, drive a decent car, go out to Sunday brunch at IHOP every now & then.
Then getting the 'pink slip', bucking up & printing resumes, searching the 'help wanted' ads, making do with the 60% of their former income that unemployment pays, trying not to get discouraged at the interviews that don't end with an offer, the 'looks' from those still lucky enough to have a job, finding it harder every day to keep trying....

That is not what I was referring to, I was referring to people that refuse to try because they feel they are entitled to a certain wage or to live in a certain place. They feel that instead of them making sacrifices because of the position they are in everyone else should be forced to pay their way. I have no issues with people getting emergency help when they have an issue like an unexpected car repair or the loss of a job but, the help should be limited so that these people are not comfortable or getting by on welfare.

Why is it unreasonable to wish for a society where everyone who wants to work can, and earn enough to live a decent [modest] life?

There is nothing wrong with wishing for it and the reality is anybody that wants to can. There are so many grants available for people to get school paid for so that they can better themselves but many don't because it requires hard work and dedication. There is enough money that you can get from TAP and Pell grants that it will pay for a community college, no you won't get Harvard paid for but you have a degree to help move you into a better position. Yes TAP and Pell are just another form of welfare but I support them because you still have to work hard and it is making a better future.

Where the decisionmakers at the top decide that 50X the average worker's pay is enough, they don't really need or deserve 400X as much? Where profit doesn't overrule ethics? Where quality of life is considered an integral part of 'pursuit of happiness'?

The great thing about being at the top is you get to make the calls.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
That is not what I was referring to, I was referring to people that refuse to try because they feel they are entitled to a certain wage or to live in a certain place. They feel that instead of them making sacrifices because of the position they are in everyone else should be forced to pay their way. I have no issues with people getting emergency help when they have an issue like an unexpected car repair or the loss of a job but, the help should be limited so that these people are not comfortable or getting by on welfare.

There is nothing wrong with wishing for it and the reality is anybody that wants to can. There are so many grants available for people to get school paid for so that they can better themselves but many don't because it requires hard work and dedication. There is enough money that you can get from TAP and Pell grants that it will pay for a community college, no you won't get Harvard paid for but you have a degree to help move you into a better position. Yes TAP and Pell are just another form of welfare but I support them because you still have to work hard and it is making a better future.

The great thing about being at the top is you get to make the calls.

######################################################################################
I was gonna get a Pell Grant and run for Congress, but all that bookwork was to much, so I got the public to give me money for my election. Now I sit in a big room and make decisions for the nation in my best interest. I make a huge salary with unreal perks, and can retire on a full pension after one term, now who is the stupid one? :rolleyes: Now where is that free island trip ticket I got from BP oil.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
HOLD THE APPLECART!!! HELP AS ARRIVED FOR THE STUDENTS!! Well lol, yes and no...THE SEIU sent out an e-mail asking for help for the kids in the form of a monetary donation...now you'd think that as strong and good hearted as the SEIU is in helping their fellow man, they'd just pony up and give the kid the cash they need....nooo can't do that, but they can ask everyone else to pay...

This is in NO WAY advocating on MY part for anyone to make a donation.....From an e-mail i got today:

Every year, international college students spend thousands of dollars to work at globally recognized institutions and experience America, only to find themselves with abysmal treatment and poverty wages.

Against all odds, students working for the famous chocolate factory in Hershey, Pennsylvania have gone on strike to fight back against the company's predatory practices and to win fair wages.

Their story has inspired national attention and a State Department investigation, but since many of them make $8 an hour (with "program fees" and rent automatically dedicated) they're running out of time and on the verge of being unable to afford basic necessities: food and rent.

The students need to raise $15,000 to keep up the fight, and the SEIU family can help them.

Please consider contributing $5, $10, $25 or more to to the students' strike fund using this secure Paypal link:

http://action.seiu.org/hershey-students

Once upon a time, unionized workers packing chocolate at the Hershey company in Pennsylvania made $18 to $30 an hour.

Today, the company relies on a "cultural exchange" program that asks foreign students to pay up to $6,000 to come to America to work for $8 an hour to work at a companies like Hershey and experience what its like to live in America.

Then, when they arrive, "program fees" and rent are deducted from their salaries to the point many are unable to recoup what it costs to obtain their visa.

So the students walked out.

They will win a fair wage and strike a major blow against predatory corporate practices ... if they are able to keep up the fight. But these brave students are running out of money and need to raise $15,000 to keep up their fight.

We can get them there.

Please consider contributing $5, $10, $25 or more via this secure Paypal link to the students fighting for fair treatment at Hershey.

http://action.seiu.org/hershey-students

I can think of no better "cultural exchange" program for these students than sending a message that working families in this country stand with them in their fight against corporate greed and exploitation.

I am making my contribution right now, and hope you'll join me.

In solidarity,

Mary Kay Henry
President, SEIU

P.S. Contributions to the students go through the Justice at Hershey's Solidarity Fund administered by the New Orleans Workers' Center for Racial Justice. You'll receive an email receipt for your contribution and the students will get every dime of your donation.

mcavoy33

Seasoned Expediter
HOLD THE APPLECART!!! HELP AS ARRIVED FOR THE STUDENTS!! Well lol, yes and no...THE SEIU sent out an e-mail asking for help for the kids in the form of a monetary donation...now you'd think that as strong and good hearted as the SEIU is in helping their fellow man, they'd just pony up and give the kid the cash they need....nooo can't do that, but they can ask everyone else to pay...

This is in NO WAY advocating on MY part for anyone to make a donation.....From an e-mail i got today:

What's sad is the people that will supprt this won't realize that they are helping to take jobs away from Americans. It's bad enough that we are losing manufacturing jobs to Mexico & China, now people want us to subsidize foreigners coming to America and stealing our jobs by paying to skirt around the rules to get a work visa?

If anything CIS should abolish thisprogram and give the job to the single mother working part time @ Wal Mart for 26 hours a week.

Camper

Not a Member
What's sad is the people that will supprt this won't realize that they are helping to take jobs away from Americans. It's bad enough that we are losing manufacturing jobs to Mexico & China, now people want us to subsidize foreigners coming to America and stealing our jobs by paying to skirt around the rules to get a work visa?

If anything CIS should abolish thisprogram and give the job to the single mother working part time @ Wal Mart for 26 hours a week.

Another fine product of our two party system. The Republicans want the cheap labor and the Democrats want the constituency to pander to.