Foreign Workers Walk Off Job At Hershey Packaging Plant

clcooper

Expert Expediter
You just went down the wrong road. My wife and I were both making LESS than $10/hr, we bought a house, we already had a car payment, and saved money to put a down payment on a van to take a risk in this industry. My thinking is we might break even with the amount we were getting paid but we would be doing a job we liked. We did not have a lot of extra money but we made it work and so could a single person on $10/hr. People need to get it out of their heads that they are entitled to luxuries like going out to the movies or nice things, live within your means. Just in case you were wondering we made it by with $0 public assistance and we did this in NY.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App
and what year did you do all this stuff . was it still while you lived at home too

now take the job away you have now . that means no more van . now start looking for work . oh you can get a van . well you have to go get one . tell me how you would do all this stuff .
and what is your house payment . and a car payment and a 10$ job what would you have left . oh that right you will also have other bills to . now whats left over . please answer this for me PUT UP OR SHUT UP

ok a single person . if you would ever learn to read you would know i am not single . and when did i every say i go out to the movies . so glad you think people dont need to have any entertainment YES MASTER

never mind you got ever answer to every thing when you learn to read and get some common sense . because not once have you answered what i have posted you keep coming back with more stupid stuff that shows you dont have any common sense

clcooper

Expert Expediter
No actually the very basics of math would tell you that a low unemployment rate means that there are fewer people out of work.

well show me the basic math then oh great one . stop yaping and state showing oh great one

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Please learn to use a calculator so you don't have to keep asking math questions. 24hrs in a day, 7 days a week, that is 168 hours. Then let's say you work 50 hours that leaves you with 118 hours, if you sleep 8 hours a day that is 56 hours which brings the left over hours down to 62 hours minus driving to work buying groceries what maybe 20 hours. You still have another 42 hours in a week to get another job our take the whole family out looking for silver or picking scrap metal.

Oh I never said you had to be rich, I am fine with people doing their own thing.

the hours was not the question now was it

show me your math how you say people can make a living on 10$ a hour job . do you know something called a budget . something any business man should have .

paullud

Veteran Expediter

show me your math how you say people can make a living on 10$ a hour job . do you know something called a budget . something any business man should have .

I figured you might have misstated your question because clearly walking around is free.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
and what year did you do all this stuff . was it still while you lived at home too

Just did it I started driving again in May, I guess technically I did it while I was living at home since I bought my house.

now take the job away you have now . that means no more van . now start looking for work . oh you can get a van . well you have to go get one . tell me how you would do all this stuff .

I would start driving a tractor trailer again, start running my own expedite company, gathering scrap metal, shoveling driveways in the winter, landscape when there is no snow, go get my old job back that I quit, the list can go on and on.

and what is your house payment . and a car payment and a 10$ job what would you have left . oh that right you will also have other bills to . now whats left over . please answer this for me PUT UP OR SHUT UP

My house payment is $505/month, we bought a house we could afford or rent out for more than the payment in case we moved again and couldn't sell it, especially since we are likely to move again. The car payment is higher than it should be because we used to make over $60k but after I lost my job and got the new one we made less than $40k, the payment is $320/month. I don't know why you want me to do a budget for you, send me your monthly expenses and I will help you out though. Mine looked like this $3040/month-320taxes- 505house-320car-80insurance- 150cell phones(we both have smart phones)-60gas-300electricity and natural gas, no cable, we used the phones for internet. Now when you subtract all that you still have plenty for food, clothing, and savings.

ok a single person . if you would ever learn to read you would know i am not single . and when did i every say i go out to the movies . so glad you think people dont need to have any entertainment YES MASTER

I was just saying even a single person could do it, it was an example. I was using the movies as an example. Why do you need to pay for entertainment every month? Try board games or a deck of cards, you can pick them up incredibly cheap at thrift stores or garage sales.

never mind you got ever answer to every thing when you learn to read and get some common sense . because not once have you answered what i have posted you keep coming back with more stupid stuff that shows you dont have any common sense

Please show me what questions I have not answered, as shown in this answer I will even answer personal questions about money.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
well show me the basic math then oh great one . stop yaping and state showing oh great one

If you have less people unemployed it means you have a lower unemployment rate, it doesn't get anymore basic.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
If you have less people unemployed it means you have a lower unemployment rate, it doesn't get anymore basic.

and what else

still people unemployed . right ??. so how is it . it would be better to move there .
the state still has people unemployed so that would also mean the state doesnt have that many hiring jobs open either. right??

paullud

Veteran Expediter
and what else

still people unemployed . right ??. so how is it . it would be better to move there .
the state still has people unemployed so that would also mean the state doesnt have that many hiring jobs open either. right??

Wrong, you will always have unemployment since there are people that will take advantage. It does not mean you couldn't get a job.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Just did it I started driving again in May, I guess technically I did it while I was living at home since I bought my house.
before you bought the house you still lived with your mommy
when you were only makeing 10$ hr

I would start driving a tractor trailer again, start running my own expedite company, gathering scrap metal, shoveling driveways in the winter, landscape when there is no snow, go get my old job back that I quit, the list can go on and on.
gather scarp metal where . most places are already cleaned up by now and you are saying you could live off that . same with shoveling snow most people have a plow or a blower to do their own drive ways . so do you think a unemployed person is going to pay you to shovel their snow .
what if they are not hiring at your old job . yes the list goes on and on . and i have gone throgh most of just like most that are unemployed . now what do they do now oh great one . you would not be the only person unemployed . there is millions unemployed not ten people unemployed .

My house payment is $505/month, we bought a house we could afford or rent out for more than the payment in case we moved again and couldn't sell it, especially since we are likely to move again. The car payment is higher than it should be because we used to make over $60k but after I lost my job and got the new one we made less than $40k, the payment is $320/month. I don't know why you want me to do a budget for you, send me your monthly expenses and I will help you out though. Mine looked like this $3040/month-320taxes- 505house-320car-80insurance- 150cell phones(we both have smart phones)-60gas-300electricity and natural gas, no cable, we used the phones for internet. Now when you subtract all that you still have plenty for food, clothing, and savings.
is 3040$ at a 10$hr job ??
your gas is only 60$ a month
so if you lose your job today is any of your bills going to change
you will have 1300 left for food ,for repairs ,
so how much will a person making 10$ a hour have left
and dont forget to deduct for health stuff to
I was just saying even a single person could do it, it was an example. I was using the movies as an example. Why do you need to pay for entertainment every month? Try board games or a deck of cards, you can pick them up incredibly cheap at thrift stores or garage sales.
and yes i knew it was a example (unlike others ) because i am able to think and understand what i read.
i didnt say you had to ever month .
i not saying any more other just because you like to play board games doesnt mean everybody has to .

Please show me what questions I have not answered, as shown in this answer I will even answer personal questions about money.

this is the first one you have tried and you didnt do to bad . maybe you might learn something from now on .

Last edited:

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Wrong, you will always have unemployment since there are people that will take advantage. It does not mean you couldn't get a job.

and why well they always take advantage.??

and why cant people get jobs now ??

i would like you to go to any unemployment office and tell the people in there to sign up for unemployment . that they are lazy for not haveing a job and getting hand outs .see how long you will be on your feet .

go apply to some jobs and see if you get any calls .

paullud

Veteran Expediter
before you bought the house you still lived with your mommy
when you were only makeing 10$ hr

Nope I was a professional homeless person AKA: truck driver.

gather scarp metal where . most places are already cleaned up by now and you are saying you could live off that . same with shoveling snow most people have a plow or a blower to do their own drive ways . so do you think a unemployed person is going to pay you to shovel their snow .
what if they are not hiring at your old job . yes the list goes on and on . and i have gone throgh most of just like most that are unemployed . now what do they do now oh great one . you would not be the only person unemployed . there is millions unemployed not ten people unemployed .

Scrap metal is everywhere, you would be surprised if you tried. Most people might have a shovel or blower but not everyone does and I wouldn't expect to have an unemployed person hire me but not everyone is unemployed so it is not an issue. They are hiring pretty consistently at my old job and since I know the program already I shouldn't have an issue. You said you have gone through most of it but not all of it, you don't even seem willing to try most things.

is 3040$ at a 10$hr job ??
Yes the statement was originally about a husband and wife working and that is what my wife and I made.

your gas is only 60$ a month

Yes, $60 a month is over 15 gallons of gas.

so if you lose your job today is any of your bills going to change

Yes my bills will go down.

you will have 1300 left for food ,for repairs ,
and dont forget to deduct for health stuff to

You can do your math since I don't know your exact financial situation.

and yes i knew it was a example (unlike others ) because i am able to think and understand what i read.

Uhhh, then why did you question me about when you said you go to the movies.

i didnt say you had to ever month .
I was looking at things on a monthly budget.

i not saying any more other just because you like to play board games doesnt mean everybody has to .

I didn't say you had to like board games, again just an example.

this is the first one you have tried and you didnt do to bad . maybe you might learn something from now on .

It has been the same all along.

Last edited:

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Paul, let it go...i sent the PM, and i am done with him...let him rant and whine..he will have a bs answer for anything that you try to reason with him about...it is a worthless effort...:rolleyes:

He is now on ignore on my end so i can't see his "stuff"....

paullud

Veteran Expediter
and why well they always take advantage.??

Because that is what people that live off of the system do.

and why cant people get jobs now ??

A lot of them just aren't willing to think outside the box, some aren't willing to try, some won't adjust their standards, and I think the bigger reason is they aren't willing to sacrifice. There might be a few that there wouldn't be a job available after all is said and done.

i would like you to go to any unemployment office and tell the people in there to sign up for unemployment . that they are lazy for not haveing a job and getting hand outs .see how long you will be on your feet .

I didn't say every unemployed person is lazy so I wouldn't do that.

go apply to some jobs and see if you get any calls .

That's funny, I just got a call about a job a few days ago. It is the same two trucking companies that won't leave me alone. I also told you I just started here in May, my wife has gotten calls for a job back home as well. I am actually quite sure I am going to get another job at least temporarily driving truck again just to get ahead more. It will probably be at the company that my brother is a partner in but if I work with him it will be a pay cut compared to the other companies. My wife would continue to drive the van so we may not see each other for a few weeks at a time but it is a sacrifice we would make to get in a stronger financial position.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
Paul, let it go...i sent the PM, and i am done with him...let him rant and whine..he will have a bs answer for anything that you try to reason with him about...it is a worthless effort...:rolleyes:

He is now on ignore on my end so i can't see his "stuff"....

I just find it interesting that adults will act so spoiled. It is amazing someone will just give up and be so paranoid that everyone is out to get them.

Last edited:

clcooper

Expert Expediter
you lost me....what the heck do them numbers mean?

I am NOT even close to Obama thinking....I was thinking you were the Obama lover here, card carrying union member...where everyone is entitled to a job at a living rate.....did we get cross signals here?

I DONT LIKE obama, i dont carry a union card , if you work you should get paid what you are worth .

but they should not keep taxing you more and then give the companies more tax breaks

the numbers where the jobs in HD and SD jobs . you were saying that there was so many out there .

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Because that is what people that live off of the system do.
and why do they do that .

A lot of them just aren't willing to think outside the box, some aren't willing to try, some won't adjust their standards, and I think the bigger reason is they aren't willing to sacrifice. There might be a few that there wouldn't be a job available after all is said and done.
first when did i say i havent changed my standard of living .
what does thinking out side of the box mean .

I didn't say every unemployed person is lazy so I wouldn't do that.
sure sounds like it . but you think i am saying that they all are not

That's funny, I just got a call about a job a few days ago. It is the same two trucking companies that won't leave me alone. I also told you I just started here in May, my wife has gotten calls for a job back home as well. I am actually quite sure I am going to get another job at least temporarily driving truck again just to get ahead more. It will probably be at the company that my brother is a partner in but if I work with him it will be a pay cut compared to the other companies. My wife would continue to drive the van so we may not see each other for a few weeks at a time but it is a sacrifice we would make to get in a stronger financial position.

JB hunt has been calling me too and Schneider will hire anybody too .
where your bother is a partner. so you can get a job because you know somebody .
well i did the travel to and it was months not a few weeks we didnt see each other. so i guess i never make sacrifices or not like i dont know how too .

clcooper

Expert Expediter
I just find it interesting that adults will act like so spoiled. It is amazing someone will just give up and be so paranoid that everyone is out to get them.

yes it is amazing how people will close their mind to the truth

like a job will hire a person then when their probation is up the company will not hire them . yes it is done i have seen it and they were good workers . i guess it is to do about benfits