Foreign Workers Walk Off Job At Hershey Packaging Plant

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Yes

Yes

The voters

really how can you really blame the voters they can only go by the information they read in the internet and the newspaper , see on tv , or from a fellow truck drive which gets his information the same way .

please tell me how a the working people got all these problems started . because they showed up for work on monday ??

just remember why the tea party of 1773 happened and why .and by who . while you are thinking of your answer to why it is the working people fault

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Hey $10 bucks an hr to start out where I live....and man and wife together totals 20 bucks to me....I know we have the new math out there but gee whiz...

Whether ya be shoveling crap or flipping burgers...A person has to make a living...some sound like they above flippin burgers..

since when have they paid a burger flipper 10/hr .

do the math on the rent and rest of the bills . and dont forget the 10 mile walk every day to and from work because that is the only place they could find to rent for what they could afford .

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
really how can you really blame the voters they can only go by the information they read in the internet and the newspaper , see on tv , or from a fellow truck drive which gets his information the same way .

They want something for nothing.

please tell me how a the working people got all these problems started . because they showed up for work on monday ??

They ask for something for nothing.

just remember why the tea party of 1773 happened and why .and by who . while you are thinking of your answer to why it is the working people fault

Why?, Who?, Because we keep voting for the same numbskulls.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Well I clearly stated I would take $8.50/hr. I would want .50 more an hour because if I calculate the price of gas to be $4/gallon just in case it goes up, 30 more miles a day is 150 miles a week figuring a 5 day week, and a car getting roughly 25 mpg. The math would be 150miles/25mpg= 6 gallons and 6 gallons X $4 is $24, now working just 40hrs a week the extra .50 gives me $20 so I am only looking at a $4 difference if gas goes that high. I wouldn't put myself in a position where I was driving 100 miles for $7.50/hr.
ok since you are the great mathematician figure out what a 8.50 /hr pays for a 40 hr week . then figure out what the gas will cost the add rent or house payment . and other cost that a person today needs to live . YES i said today . NOT what a caveman needed to live . oh thats right you done believe "All men are created equal" if they dont have a job and are on unemployment

but you are telling me that i am lazy because i wont take that 7.50/hr job that is 100 miles away . but you dont have too . you got a great standerds

Please don't tell me you live in PA and are whining about not being able to get a job.
see if you would learn to read
clcooper

You actually don't understand what I wrote, if they are selling the house they will likely get behind, that is why I said that if they can sell the house in 3 months it won't be an issue. As for the rent I said it depends on location, clearly the rent is going to be different if the house is in Boonville, NY as opposed to NYC. The unemployed still need a place to live, not having extra money would mean they won't rent a house for a vacation get away.

no you dont understand what you wrote or even what i write either .
so i should just pack up and move leave my family all behind to fend for them selfs .
it depends now. which is it it depends or it doesnt

so you are going to lower what you charge for rent . because we all know that is what is going on today . the cost of every thing is going down right .

The idea is if they rent the house out they won't be paying for it, if they sell it they won't be paying for it.
so as soon as they place the for rent sign out they will have somebody right there to rent their house . and how long do you think it will take for them to sell it . either way they still have to pay the bills at both places .

Huh? Do you mean how much could they afford to pay for rent? If that is what you meant the answer is it depends on household income.
do you even think . it depends on their income
but you know all the answer to every thing else and this time all you can say it depends .

maybe what if you might have to lower what you charge or you may lose money because they not be able to pay you .

so glad you are the only one that thinks that way

They might be moving to your area to take the job you feel you are to good for.
and when did i ever say i was to good for a job .

It is my opinion that based on what I see them trying to accomplish that they want to get each continent under one government and financial system then join everyone together, again it is an opinion based on what the governments are doing.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

how are they trying to accomplish that . what are they doing . they are doing what haveing beer parties every tuesday .

paullud

Veteran Expediter

do the math on the rent and rest of the bills . and dont forget the 10 mile walk every day to and from work because that is the only place they could find to rent for what they could afford .

You just went down the wrong road. My wife and I were both making LESS than $10/hr, we bought a house, we already had a car payment, and saved money to put a down payment on a van to take a risk in this industry. My thinking is we might break even with the amount we were getting paid but we would be doing a job we liked. We did not have a lot of extra money but we made it work and so could a single person on $10/hr. People need to get it out of their heads that they are entitled to luxuries like going out to the movies or nice things, live within your means. Just in case you were wondering we made it by with $0 public assistance and we did this in NY.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
They want something for nothing.

They ask for something for nothing.

Why?, Who?, Because we keep voting for the same numbskulls.

Originally Posted by clcooper

and you dont vote ??

and agian you dont want to think and answer the question that is asked

""please tell me how a the working people got all these problems started""
last i knew it was the working people who started this country that fought for more then the little freedoms we have left today and if it wasnt for the working people the big businesses would not as big as they are today if it wasnt for the working people working for them

so everything happening today just started yesterday it didnt take years to get to this point .

they have trained animals to like a certian food . and then they took that food away from them and the animals didnt know what to eat when they did that .

and it took them a long time to train the animals that too . it didnt just happen over night

paullud

Veteran Expediter
ok since you are the great mathematician figure out what a 8.50 /hr pays for a 40 hr week . then figure out what the gas will cost the add rent or house payment . and other cost that a person today needs to live . YES i said today . NOT what a caveman needed to live . oh thats right you done believe "All men are created equal" if they dont have a job and are on unemployment

Why can't you use your own calculator? Stop trying to change "All men are created equal" into something that means you have a right to extras, that goes against the fundamentals of our country.

but you are telling me that i am lazy because i wont take that 7.50/hr job that is 100 miles away . but you dont have too . you got a great standerds

No I am saying you are comfortable living off of others so you are not trying.

see if you would learn to read
clcooper

The thing you need to realize is that not everybody is gullible or foolish enough to fall for that, you just changed it. If you had it as public information why didn't you mention it the 4 times I asked before?

no you dont understand what you wrote or even what i write either .
so i should just pack up and move leave my family all behind to fend for them selfs .
it depends now. which is it it depends or it doesnt

Sometimes you aren't using words, phrases, or punctuation properly so yes there can be confusion, not to mention the spelling. When you are saying you have a family do you have kids? A wife? It depends on the individual situation.

so you are going to lower what you charge for rent . because we all know that is what is going on today . the cost of every thing is going down right .

Why do I need to lower the rent?

so as soon as they place the for rent sign out they will have somebody right there to rent their house . and how long do you think it will take for them to sell it . either way they still have to pay the bills at both places .

They might be able to rent it right away or it may take a little while. If they were going to rent it out I would stay in it until it was rented or if a great job came up somewhere else I would leave and then try to sell or rent it.

do you even think . it depends on their income
but you know all the answer to every thing else and this time all you can say it depends .

That is a situation that depends on household income ie. welfare, unemployment, child support, working spouse, etc.

maybe what if you might have to lower what you charge or you may lose money because they not be able to pay you .

I would rather lower the rent and try to come up with the difference rather than the whole thing. You would have a lease and you could take them to small claims court if they don't pay.

so glad you are the only one that thinks that way

Why what is the issue?

and when did i ever say i was to good for a job .

When you said you expected $15/hr.

how are they trying to accomplish that . what are they doing . they are doing what haveing beer parties every tuesday .[/QUOTE]

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

That is the starting rate out here in western cities cause people don't want to work....Battle Mountain Nev...one example...
Low cost of living. low price housing, very doable.....then again easterners think differently:p...waiting for the Gov to supply them jobs....:rolleyes:

There is a direct relationship that the quality of life is proportional to effort one puts into that life....

Last edited:

paullud

Veteran Expediter
That is the starting rate out here in western cities cause people don't want to work....Battle Mountain Nev...one example...
Low cost of living. low price housing, very doable.....then again easterners think differently:p...waiting for the Gov to supply them jobs....:rolleyes:

They pay asparagus pickers $10/hr, it can give you a great extra income or part of the year work full time in McDonald's or Walmart then switch to part time during harvesting season or quit all together. If I was in Nevada I would like to work as a burger flipper full time to pay bills and then go out searching for precious metals in my off time to try and hit the jackpot. I might talk my wife into it or even Alaska, we could live as vagabonds and pan for gold. I have seriously told my wife that we will either be vagabonds or well off, nothing in between.

clcooper

Expert Expediter

There is a direct relationship that the quality of life is proportional to effort one puts into that life....

the starting rate out west . how about every where .

how much is the rent out there ??
how much is gas out there ??
so the unemployment rate is only counting the eastern state , and when they list jobless lists it really is only the eastern states. they put in the western states just to make it look better .

There are currently: 14,230 overall jobs in Nevada.
541 statewide jobs in Nevada.
36 jobs within 50 miles of Battle Mountain, NV.
8 jobs within 25 miles of Battle Mountain, NV.
Use each field to narrow down your search results.

yep it looks like you solved the unemployment problem

There are currently: 87,145 overall jobs in Pennsylvania.
2,245 statewide jobs in Pennsylvania.
58,433 jobs within 50 miles of Philadelphia, PA.
32,547 jobs within 25 miles of Philadelphia, PA.

so and how many people are unemployed . or do i need to think for you on that too .

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Our 3.3 and ND's 3.2% unemployment rate...yes makes the easts look better when figured into the average....

and stop thinking for me...I can get into enough trouble without the help thank you...;)

clcooper

Expert Expediter
They pay asparagus pickers $10/hr, it can give you a great extra income or part of the year work full time in McDonald's or Walmart then switch to part time during harvesting season or quit all together. If I was in Nevada I would like to work as a burger flipper full time to pay bills and then go out searching for precious metals in my off time to try and hit the jackpot. I might talk my wife into it or even Alaska, we could live as vagabonds and pan for gold. I have seriously told my wife that we will either be vagabonds or well off, nothing in between.

how can you go out and look for precious metals in your off time. when to pay the bills you will have to work over 40 hours a week to just pay the bills . now you want to do something . now you have to work long so you can pay for that too .

never mind you have all the answers and you are right on everything you say . and you are that wants to be a gypsy

paullud

Veteran Expediter
the starting rate out west . how about every where .

how much is the rent out there ??
how much is gas out there ??
so the unemployment rate is only counting the eastern state , and when they list jobless lists it really is only the eastern states. they put in the western states just to make it look better .

There are currently: 14,230 overall jobs in Nevada.
541 statewide jobs in Nevada.
36 jobs within 50 miles of Battle Mountain, NV.
8 jobs within 25 miles of Battle Mountain, NV.

yep it looks like you solved the unemployment problem

There are currently: 87,145 overall jobs in Pennsylvania.
2,245 statewide jobs in Pennsylvania.
58,433 jobs within 50 miles of Philadelphia, PA.
32,547 jobs within 25 miles of Philadelphia, PA.

so and how many people are unemployed . or do i need to think for you on that too .

Really 87,145 jobs in PA, but you say you can't get one.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Our 3.3 and ND's 3.2% unemployment rate...yes makes the easts look better when figured into the average....

and stop thinking for me...I can get into enough trouble without the help thank you...;)

so a low unemployment rate means alot of places are hiring .
yep you did it again you found everybody that is unemployed jobs and even the workable ones on welfare jobs too . you are thinking just like obama now . VOTE FOR OVM 2012

There are currently: 5,338 overall jobs in North Dakota.
458 statewide jobs in North Dakota.
1,442 jobs within 50 miles of West Fargo, ND.
1,341 jobs within 25 miles of West Fargo, ND.

There are currently: 5,191 overall jobs in South Dakota.
375 statewide jobs in South Dakota.
864 jobs within 50 miles of Rapid City, SD.
807 jobs within 25 miles of Rapid City, SD.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
you lost me....what the heck do them numbers mean?

I am NOT even close to Obama thinking....I was thinking you were the Obama lover here, card carrying union member...where everyone is entitled to a job at a living rate.....did we get cross signals here?

paullud

Veteran Expediter
how can you go out and look for precious metals in your off time. when to pay the bills you will have to work over 40 hours a week to just pay the bills . now you want to do something . now you have to work long so you can pay for that too .

never mind you have all the answers and you are right on everything you say . and you are that wants to be a gypsy

Please learn to use a calculator so you don't have to keep asking math questions. 24hrs in a day, 7 days a week, that is 168 hours. Then let's say you work 50 hours that leaves you with 118 hours, if you sleep 8 hours a day that is 56 hours which brings the left over hours down to 62 hours minus driving to work buying groceries what maybe 20 hours. You still have another 42 hours in a week to get another job our take the whole family out looking for silver or picking scrap metal.

Oh I never said you had to be rich, I am fine with people doing their own thing.

paullud

Veteran Expediter
so a low unemployment rate means alot of places are hiring .

No actually the very basics of math would tell you that a low unemployment rate means that there are fewer people out of work.

clcooper

Expert Expediter
Really 87,145 jobs in PA, but you say you can't get one.

PA state is only 25 miles wide and 50 miles long right . and there is only 88,000 poeple that live in PA too right . and you say i can get a job the next day .

only 10,000 people are unemployed in PA to . next 50,000 of those jobs are looking for a college degree and or 5 years experience. and another 5,000 are those work at home scams

so 32145 jobs left out . and 30,000 are only temporary . and a few of them may go permanent . but more then likely not because when somebody goes permanent the company has to pay more and offer benefits like his other workers get too

paullud

Veteran Expediter
PA state is only 25 miles wide and 50 miles long right . and there is only 88,000 poeple that live in PA too right . and you say i can get a job the next day .

only 10,000 people are unemployed in PA to . next 50,000 of those jobs are looking for a college degree and or 5 years experience. and another 5,000 are those work at home scams

so 32145 jobs left out . and 30,000 are only temporary . and a few of them may go permanent . but more then likely not because when somebody goes permanent the company has to pay more and offer benefits like his other workers get too

Really? Where is your proof of these numbers?