Ford Transit question.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Ford claims no fluid change required ever....can you believe that?....never ever...
What, and who is your source on this? I find that very hard to believe.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using EO Forums mobile app
reading back on this thread?....unless I misunderstood....do they pump the fluid out somehow? thru the fill hole? the quotes from above....Ford dealers don't do Transmission service...

Wornout Manager:As noted, multiple Ford dealers and (2) transmission shops said they don't do drain/fill/filter change on this transmission?

Worn Out Manager

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Air Force
Flush Only, according to 3 separate dealers. 1 transmission shop same and another pumps thru fill. All 5 say filter is "lifetime". I flush every 50.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Flush Only, according to 3 separate dealers. 1 transmission shop same and another pumps thru fill. All 5 say filter is "lifetime". I flush every 50.

Sent from my hand-held Etch-A- Sketch
Flush? with what? how does it get in and where it come out?...don't they put new oil in after flush? Details? LOL

butch lusk

Rookie Expediter
Owner/Operator
Information for Ford Transit owners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a little {hopefully helpful} information on an experience we had at a Ford dealership within the last few weeks. We had to take the Transit in due to {what ended up as a fuel pump} but chose the wrong place. First of all we understand places being busy and we were not expecting anything other than we were told. So, we took the transit in and they had promised us they could get it in and at least hook up and diagnose it the day we showed up. Also that they had a lift that was capable of handling the high roof transit. We dropped it off after being towed and went to the hotel and left them to simply do their thing. Checked with them the next day to see what the issue was and the Transit had not been touched and were told they would get to it asap so once again we let them do their thing and checked back. Still no progress so we were getting frustrated. Called back again and asked to speak to the Service Manager and were denied, told he was busy and did not take calls that the lady on the phone i was speaking to handled all calls. This went on for a while till they finally diagnosed the issue and ordered parts and told us the Transit would be ready Friday at noon. We got there Wednesday morning this is now Thursday noon. so once again we let them do their thing { forgot to mention that the dealership didn't give customers loaners or rides so we were essentially stranded other than walking. Only one Cab Co. and we called them and they never called back.} Friday AM. called to check and was told they would have to see if parts were ordered, what ??? They were suppose to have been ordered yesterday around noon when you diagnosed it and i gave you the go ahead to perform the work. Once again ask to speak to the Service Manager, denied and was told she would call me back. She did and they found the part and would be starting repairs. Friday noon now and i call to see if van is done as this was the promised time. Guess what, they have not started and cant fit the Transit on the lift, its to tall. So i ask once again for you know who, denied. That's it, i call for General Manager and he calls back. I explain what has happened and all the being denied and he is unaware. He has the Service Manager call me who explains all their issues to me which i could care less about at this point and says the only way they can fix it is to do it on the ground outside as the bays are all full and it wont fit on the lift. LOL, So, after a some strict guidance from me and a threat to come down there they agreed to get it done by the end of the day. Friday 4 PM, phone rings and they have called to tell me the Transit is done and i need to come get it. I say great, when will someone be here to get us to be met with, you guessed it, we don't have a ride service. Needless to say that wasn't flying so after another guided conversation someone was on the way to get us. We get to the dealership, go to the window to get the keys and pay a minimal bill, since we had warranty, and the Service Manager behind the window who was told we were waiting, of course makes us wait even longer while he engages is idle chit chat and joke telling which we can plainly here. Finally get that taken care of and ask to speak to the General Manager. He shows and is apologetic and offers a free service the next time we are in the area, which i kindly refuse and let him know we wont be back that i would have it towed to another Dealership.

The work they did was fine but the screwing around and the refusal to let me speak with the Service Manager along with all the other issues made for a very unpleasant experience. I do not believe this was an isolated instance either, So, please be alerted to this dealership if you are in the area.

Laurel Ford
Laurel, MS.
General Manager, Wesley Armstrong

Reactions: scottm4211

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Having read all these van problems and issues, I feel your pain.

Personally, I think all expediters should learn about and/or have experience in auto repairs. After all, the van is our business life line.

With the knowledges, we can be a few steps ahead of the dealers, repair shops and frustrations. And most importantly, we can pocket that extra 10G and up at the end of five years.

Know thy van, say no to repairs! Lol...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Personally, I think all expediters should learn about and/or have experience in auto repairs. After all, the van is our business life line.

With the knowledges, we can be a few steps ahead of the dealers, repair shops and frustrations. And most importantly, we can pocket that extra 10G and up at the end of five years.

Good in theory, but then again an Elephant can hang unto the ledge of 10 story building by its trunk, in Theory....

having the emergency fund we talk about would be a start as well...

Reactions: Mailer

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

Good in theory, but then again an Elephant can hang unto the ledge of 10 story building by its trunk, in Theory....

Lol...in that case, sprinkle some of the Lourdes Holy Water on the elephant and add a few drops in the oil and trans fluids. Lol..

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator

Lol...in that case, sprinkle some of the Lourdes Holy Water on the elephant and add a few drops in the oil and trans fluids. Lol..
there is always bugs in a new supply system...someone missed a memo, whatever...

Mailer

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

there is always bugs in a new supply system...someone missed a memo, whatever...

Totally agree!

That's the reason I preferred a good used van, hopefully all the bugs are gone and that dude at the assembly line is recycled. Lol...

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Information for Ford Transit owners !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a little {hopefully helpful} information on an experience we had at a Ford dealership within the last few weeks. We had to take the Transit in due to {what ended up as a fuel pump} but chose the wrong place. First of all we understand places being busy and we were not expecting anything other than we were told. So, we took the transit in and they had promised us they could get it in and at least hook up and diagnose it the day we showed up. Also that they had a lift that was capable of handling the high roof transit. We dropped it off after being towed and went to the hotel and left them to simply do their thing. Checked with them the next day to see what the issue was and the Transit had not been touched and were told they would get to it asap so once again we let them do their thing and checked back. Still no progress so we were getting frustrated. Called back again and asked to speak to the Service Manager and were denied, told he was busy and did not take calls that the lady on the phone i was speaking to handled all calls. This went on for a while till they finally diagnosed the issue and ordered parts and told us the Transit would be ready Friday at noon. We got there Wednesday morning this is now Thursday noon. so once again we let them do their thing { forgot to mention that the dealership didn't give customers loaners or rides so we were essentially stranded other than walking. Only one Cab Co. and we called them and they never called back.} Friday AM. called to check and was told they would have to see if parts were ordered, what ??? They were suppose to have been ordered yesterday around noon when you diagnosed it and i gave you the go ahead to perform the work. Once again ask to speak to the Service Manager, denied and was told she would call me back. She did and they found the part and would be starting repairs. Friday noon now and i call to see if van is done as this was the promised time. Guess what, they have not started and cant fit the Transit on the lift, its to tall. So i ask once again for you know who, denied. That's it, i call for General Manager and he calls back. I explain what has happened and all the being denied and he is unaware. He has the Service Manager call me who explains all their issues to me which i could care less about at this point and says the only way they can fix it is to do it on the ground outside as the bays are all full and it wont fit on the lift. LOL, So, after a some strict guidance from me and a threat to come down there they agreed to get it done by the end of the day. Friday 4 PM, phone rings and they have called to tell me the Transit is done and i need to come get it. I say great, when will someone be here to get us to be met with, you guessed it, we don't have a ride service. Needless to say that wasn't flying so after another guided conversation someone was on the way to get us. We get to the dealership, go to the window to get the keys and pay a minimal bill, since we had warranty, and the Service Manager behind the window who was told we were waiting, of course makes us wait even longer while he engages is idle chit chat and joke telling which we can plainly here. Finally get that taken care of and ask to speak to the General Manager. He shows and is apologetic and offers a free service the next time we are in the area, which i kindly refuse and let him know we wont be back that i would have it towed to another Dealership.

The work they did was fine but the screwing around and the refusal to let me speak with the Service Manager along with all the other issues made for a very unpleasant experience. I do not believe this was an isolated instance either, So, please be alerted to this dealership if you are in the area.

Laurel Ford
Laurel, MS.
General Manager, Wesley Armstrong
Thanks for the positive reinforcement for my 12 year old, self serviced van. Been so long since I set foot in a dealership I'd forgotten the "service"

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
I heard a few reports of fuel pump failures in the transits. Not a good sign.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I heard a few reports of fuel pump failures in the transits. Not a good sign.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk
remember when to GM's had that fuel pump problem going on for a few years....guys were cutting an access whole in the floor as not to have to drop tank...LOL

Reactions: ntimevan

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
A big advantage promised over the sprinter's is Ford's huge dealer network. That seems to be failing miserably.
Ford does have a larger dealer network than Mercedes. The problem is most of them don't know what a Transit is. Many confuse the Transit Connect and the full size Transit. Ford is to blame for this. Ford likes model names that begin with the letter E, Econoline, Escape, Expedition, Edge, Eustang and ETD. Why not name one of these vans something other than Transit. How about Express. That starts with an E. Ooops, Chevrolet has a lock on that. What about Edsel. Yeah, Edsel or Edsel Connect.

Reactions: scottm4211