For my friends and family in Oklahoma .. lighten up!

Monty

Expert Expediter
Seems the Bible belt raises it's ugly head again ... c'mon ... pick ya battles, this one isn't worth fighting!

Oklahoma high school valedictorian denied diploma for using 'hell' in speech - U.S. News

PRAGUE, Okla. – An Oklahoma high school valedictorian who was denied her diploma because she used the world “hell” in her commencement speech doesn’t plan to apologize for her choice of words, her father says.

David Nootbaar said he is furious that Prague High School is withholding his daughter Kaitlin's diploma because of her use of the word during the graduation speech in May. “She has worked so hard to stay at the top of her class and this is not right,” he said. “She earned that diploma. In four years she has never made a B. She got straight A’s and had a 4.0 the whole way through."

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
If she REALLY wanted to get in trouble, she should hve thanked God.....

:rolleyes:

Me

Sent from my SPH-D700 using EO Forums

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I SORT of agree about the 'lighten up" and sorta don't. She did have the speech approved. She is not stupid, she knew that using one word over another was going to be a problem and did it just to do it. Kinda like being a spoiled brat causing problems just to do it. There really was no need to change the word, other than to cause shocks and giggles. It is really just another "Newton Thing" For every action there is an equal and opposite reaction. She actioned and got reacted on. This too shall pass.

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Here are some more Nootbaars for your viewing enjoyment, good day.

People named Nootbaar

Famous people named Nootbaar
We don't have any records of famous people named Nootbaar.

[Tell us about famous people named nootbaar]

Nootbaar Family Tree
Elizabeth Nootbaar (1898 - 1983) Barrington, Lake County, Illinois (Illinois), 60010
Harold Nootbaar (1918 - 1984) Chicago, Cook County, Illinois (Illinois), 60646
Earl W Nootbaar (1924 - 2006) New Port Richey, Pasco County, FL (Florida), 34655
Kate Nootbaar (1904 - 1982) Posen, Cook County, Illinois (Illinois), 60469
Leroy Nootbaar (1912 - 1979) Des Plaines, Cook County, Illinois (Illinois), 60016
Edwin Nootbaar (1905 - 1975) Harvey, Cook County, Illinois (Illinois), 60426
Edwin Nootbaar (1924 - 1998) Seminole, Pinellas County, FL (Florida), 33777
Arthur Nootbaar (1896 - 1978) Barrington, Lake County, Illinois (Illinois), 60010
Violet D Nootbaar (1917 - 1994) Lockport, Will County, IL (Illinois), 60441
S A Nootbaar (1953 - 1988)
Mildred E Nootbaar (1928 - 2004) McHenry, McHenry County, IL (Illinois), 60050
Rudolph Nootbaar (1884 - 1965) Illinois,
Lorraine Nootbaar (1905 - 1997) Crete, Will County, IL (Illinois), 60417
Paul W Nootbaar (1937 - 2001) Paden, Okfuskee County, OK (Oklahoma), 74860
Brent A Nootbaar (1956 - 1997) Wilmington, Will County, IL (Illinois), 60481
Fred J Nootbaar (1924 - 1994) McHenry, McHenry County, IL (Illinois), 60050
Raymond C Nootbaar (1907 - 1999) Crete, Will County, IL (Illinois), 60417
Frieda Nootbaar (1913 - 1978) Harvey, Cook County, Illinois (Illinois), 60426
Donald F Nootbaar (1933 - 2010) zip code 60428
Beverly A Nootbaar (1930 - 1993) Saint Petersburg, Pinellas County, FL (Florida), 33709
See more Nootbaar family members
Notes about the last name Nootbaar

Nationality and Ethnicity of people named Nootbaar
We do not have a record of the primary ethnicity of the name Nootbaar. Many surnames travel around the world throughout the ages, making their original nationality and ethnicity difficult to trace.

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Withholding her diploma just makes them look stupid.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using EO Forums

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
It makes them look stupid, based on the information we know at the moment. But it may depend on exactly why they are withholding the diploma. The story as reported presents only one side of this, her side. The diploma may be being withheld solely because she used the word, as she and her father claim, or it might be because she specifically agreed not to use the word, and then did anyway, thinking there was nothing the school could do about it.

Brisco

Expert Expediter
Video of interview with Matt Lauer...... (watched it this morning on TV before coming to work)

Is it blown out of proportion? Of Course......but Blame is to be placed on BOTH sides.....Period.

I could care less about the whole ordeal.......To Hell with it..... :) ........But, the school has made an ash out of themselves over it.....and Father & Daughter are now making a bigger ...... out of themselves over it.

Dad said "I'm a Veteran...I served my country that allows my Daughter to excercise her Freedom of Speech right"......(not exact wording - jest). Shut the Hell up Dad......

BOTH sides should Apologize.