Football Stadium collapse

bobwg

Expert Expediter
On CBS news this morning they report the Metro Dome in Minneapolis collapsed due to all the snow on the roof the game had already been postponed to Monday now postponed til who knows when

bobwg

Expert Expediter
If a team can't make the game, then it should be a forfeiture.

not the teams fault an act of God ? Mother Nature? what ever you wanna call it you cant make pu or delivery due to snow should you forfeit the load and pay???? even if no one else can pu the load due to weather??

Reactions: 1 person

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
not the teams fault an act of God ? Mother Nature? what ever you wanna call it you cant make pu or delivery due to snow should you forfeit the load and pay???? even if no one else can pu the load due to weather??

No pick up, no pay, what ever the reason. Lose time to weather? No extra pay, not even extra reefer fuel money if running the reefer. FOOTBALL, on the other hand, is IMPORTANT! Money talks so, no matter what, that game WILL go on.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
BUT this is a profession sport where grown men kick and run around with a ball made of pigskin.

Pretty much something that isn't as important as it is made out to be.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
They say they are moving the game to Detroit i guess that will help Detroit with some money

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
They say they are moving the game to Detroit i guess that will help Detroit with some money

LOL!! Wanna bet? It would not surprise me if Detroit PAID the NFL to move the game to Detroit just to get a little TV time!! :p

bobwg

Expert Expediter
LOL!! Wanna bet? It would not surprise me if Detroit PAID the NFL to move the game to Detroit just to get a little TV time!! :p
Dont know could be right they announced here in St Louis that the city here offered our stadium for the game which could have brought money here too from the fans coming here hotel rooms? food? fuel? taxes for the city and state that includes the city income tax that players have to pay the city here

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
not a stadium collapse but a fabric roof tear. or the roof falling in on the vikings. detroit got the game because it is domed and the nyg only have indoor game ghear with them.

announced as free to detroit residents. it will be interesting to see how many purple clad fans make the drive for the game.

bobwg

Expert Expediter
not a stadium collapse but a fabric roof tear. or the roof falling in on the vikings. detroit got the game because it is domed and the nyg only have indoor game ghear with them.

announced as free to detroit residents. it will be interesting to see how many purple clad fans make the drive for the game.
There are other dome stadiums like the one we have in St Louis so Detroit didnt get the game just cause they have a dome