flatbed expediters??

str8fr8

Seasoned Expediter
is there any companies out there currently using any flatbed straight truck's? i'm currently operating a 26' flatbed under my own authority but finding it difficult to keep it loaded..any info would be appreciated.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
FedEx Custom Critical has a division for Flatbeds you might want to check with them for more info. I believe though they go both pull their own flatbed and also pull a dry van when needed.

Marc Hodge
Recruiter
FedEx Custom Critical
800-848-2613 phone
877-839-0565 fax

ATeam

Retired Expediter
I have seen owner-operator straight-truck flatbeds running for TMST. TMST is not an expediting compeny per se, but it might be worth looking into.

Jack_Berry

Moderator Emeritus
saw a panther tractor hauling a flatbed of rusty iron plate. now do they use straight truck flatbeds..... well only the recruiter can say for sure....... and then read btween the lines.

kwexpress

Veteran Expediter
I did that a few years back under my own authority but I used a 1 ton truck and 40' trailer

I liked the fact that on the weekends I could unhook and have a vehicle to drive around town.

Scuba

Veteran Expediter
Panther has flats and drop decks. I am a little suprised that they do not use the rolling tarp covers so those trailers could also haul van freight.