Flat rate???

ChanceMaster

Expert Expediter
Like any other product or service, there is always a premium brand, why not elevate that service to a higher level instead of taking a plebeian course. Dual TCU's ? Video recording if freight being loaded and unloaded ? In transit video ? Antiseptic washouts ? Just thinking outside the box.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I received some more info from the special number we can call.
All accessorials will still be paid, lift gate, pallet jack, labor, etc.
Branding bonus will still be paid.
No negotiating for WG or surface.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I received some more info from the special number we can call.
All accessorials will still be paid, lift gate, pallet jack, labor, etc.
Branding bonus will still be paid.
No negotiating for WG or surface.

I hope what they are telling you is " FOR SURFACE TRUCKS no negotiating on surface OR WG loads.

I believe it's been stated that the WG fleet can still negotiate.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I hope what they are telling you is " FOR SURFACE TRUCKS no negotiating on surface OR WG loads.

I believe it's been stated that the WG fleet can still negotiate.

Nope after June 1st there will be no negotiating for anyone. The dispatchers will not have the ability to change pay.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Linda, in your understanding can TVal/ Temp drivers negotiate ?

Opps, after my initial shock, I reread her post.
NO NEGOTIATION FOR ANYBODY is pretty clear.

Last edited:

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Linda, in your understanding can TVal/ Temp drivers negotiate ?

Opps, after my initial shock, I reread her post.
NO NEGOTIATION FOR ANYBODY is pretty clear.

Zorry are you OK? I think he fainted.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
My wife got the smelling salts out..

If Linda was here I think we'd be arguing..
We've had friendly arguments before....

She's much closer to the action/ people but in my gut I believe she is wrong on this.

Like I said, I don't want to share your pain. :)

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I got the same answer from the hotline.
Dispatchers will no longer have the authority to change the pay

Daffyduck528

Expert Expediter
Nope after June 1st there will be no negotiating for anyone. The dispatchers will not have the ability to change pay.

Wow. That will be interesting. W/g people need to check their income/investment/profits with this new plan. It might actually make more since to be a surface truck on flat rate than spend the extra money on a w/g equipped truck. Or look into other options...

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I don't want this to be interesting.

Just tell me I'm right so I can go back to bed. I got to load tonight.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
We were at the contractor breakfast. It was my understanding that

• Surface dispatchers would no longer be able to negotiate after June 1.
  • Surface loads would all be flat rate after June 1.
  • Nothing would change as far as WG / TVAL, except for the ability to negotiate surface loads.
  • We would still be able to negotiate WG / TVAL Loads.

I may have misunderstood, but IF we are not allowed to negotiate TVAL loads, June 1 is going to be an interesting day for sure. :(

We negotiate (ask for more per mile), on well over 70% of the loads we haul.
Last year we averaged a little over $2.00 / mile for all authorized miles. (Deadhead and Run miles, not actual odometer miles to the truck.)
This was for ALL types of loads, surface, WG, TempAssure, TVAL, ART, IAC, - every type.

Can't imagine we'll be shooting for anything less this year. Just have to see how this plays out. Would hate to see our acceptance rate if we can't negotiate :(

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I don't want this to be interesting.

Just tell me I'm right so I can go back to bed. I got to load tonight.

Zorry go back to sleep you are wrong... No discussion

No one will be able to negotiate after June 1st. Just say no if you do not want the load.

jimby82

Veteran Expediter
Just called the hotline. Was told the no negotiation was just for surface. Will not affect TVAL/WG
Just as an aside, the lady on the phone added that "They would prefer we don't negotiate." To which I replied, "I would rather not negotiate either. Would rather you send me out a load with a rate we can live with the first time."

If in doubt, call the hotline. I got through on the second attempt: 866.274.6118. Could be a case of the corporate policy not set in stone yet?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
There's Rolls/Bentley or there's any other car. There's filet mignon or there's any other steak. There's lobster or there's any other seafood. There's Fedex Custom Critical and all the rest of the carriers because ever since we lost our blue EX we've lost superiority as well. Well, not entirely true. There are at least a couple of carriers that used to be on the equals list and now are on the superior list looking down at FX and all the rest. The warts have grown exponentially.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Yes there is a disconnect and this will be addressed as we are being told different things.

denny2010

Expert Expediter
Sounds bad....no way can you make the new pay per mile and still be profitable. Seems like a few truck issues and you could be done. For you all I wish the best. I miss being out there, seeing the country side while doing my job. A job I took pride in.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using EO Forums mobile app

usafk9

Veteran Expediter
Sounds bad....no way can you make the new pay per mile and still be profitable.

So, Denny, why don't you tell us what the costs per mile were on the truck you owned, and how far off from "profitable" the new pay plan is to your truck's numbers?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I wonder if you call the Hotline, Surface units get surface operators, and WG units get WG people.

This could result in different answers.

I can't call.

I can edit/delete on here.
I can't on tape. :)

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I just received a call back and WG will continue as is....

Do not forget that we have all signed a contract saying we will run for a % of what a customer pays at a certain rate. We have different rates depending on division and if we own the trailer or not.

Surface went to flat rate and I have to think that if we continue to negotiate when will we go flat rate and no negotiating?