flat bed straight truck expediters

Suds43

Seasoned Expediter
Just thinking, are there any expedited companies that have flat bed straight trucks? I've always wondered why some company doesn't start one of those divisions...........you'd think the first one to do it would make a ton of money.............
Just something to think about..........

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Theres a Small Company in Bedford Ohio,Thats all they do,called oneway express.

Owner/Operator since 1979
Expediter since 1997
B Unit Semi Retired
Somedays are Diamonds and Somedays are Stones
Home is Wherever you Park.
The Price of Freedom is Written on the Wall.

swiftyexp

Seasoned Expediter
I saw one of these at the Petro in Oak Grove, Mo but did not catch co. name. I thought it was an interesting concept

Dave Johnson

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Yes, it has made the rounds about us pulling some flatbed trailors. It's company trailor anyway, so I don't care.. as long as I get paid to strap and tarp, it's just another load.

For straight trucks tho, I don't think they would get enough loads to justify a dedicated flatbed truck. Perhaps a rollside, if they make those for straight trucks.

Dave
Panther E Unit

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Haven't seen expediting companies that have many flatbeds, but those local companies that do directs or hotshots sure have a lot. I know of 5 companies doing sameday directs running flatbeds of various sizes (10ft-24ft mostly). Most only run in their area not cross broder.

Rob Fis

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Straight truck flatbed freight is plentiful if down on the coast. Most frieght is geared to the oil industry. See alot of gooseneck and flatbed pickups between Houston and Mobile.

Davekc
owner
23 years
PantherII
EO moderator

kangar0085

Seasoned Expediter
Last time I was in Baton Rouge LA with flatbed they deadheaded me all the way up to Jackson MS to pick up 7 coils, didn't even have enough chains to tie them all down, then they sent me to Calvert City KY to pick up long steel bars....was chaining them till 2 am the next morning after taking 4 hours to get loaded.(for $140, 500 mile run LOLOLOL) The next week I quit and hope never to climb atop a flatbed trailer ever again 'till I die.

flatbedin

Seasoned Expediter
Flatbed straight truck freight is everywhere.. Just be preparred, you have to work for your money.

There is a company out of Michigan that builds curtainsides specifically for straight trucks. Built to your specs.. But be preparred to drop a pretty penny also..

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
there is flat bed straight truck companies,but non of the expedite companies,fecc or panther use straight truck flat beds,their flat bed loads are on tractor trailers only