Fishing in your down time

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have thought about it but Do you have a fishing license for esch state or would you just like to pay a huge fine And have your truck confiscated?
You could say they will really put the bite on you if You have no license!

Last edited:
Reactions: TeamCaffee

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
You'll want to get either a day pass, or a 3 or 7 day pass. Although in most states an annual pass is not much more than a 7 day pass. The fines can be steep. Anywhere from $50 to $100, plus twice the cost of an annual license, plus $5 or $10 for every fish taken, plus confiscation of all fishing gear, boats and vehicles used in the endeavor.

Fishing licenses can be obtained at many places , including Walmart and Cabellas, and nearly every place that sells bait.

beachbum

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have thought about it but Do you have a fishing license for esch state or would you just like to pay a huge fine And have your truck confiscated?
You could say they will really put the bite on you if You have no license!
Yes you'd need a fishing license for each state you fish.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In Minnesota the cheapest non-resident angling license is $12 for 24 hours. This equates to .50/hour or about what I make an hour expediting in a van. There is more to a fishing license than just going online to obtain one. In Minnesota there are many, many rules and regulations governing fishing that the state publishes an 87 page booklet. Different seasons for different fish. Lakes with slot limits. Lakes open for fishing to Early Americans only. Get caught fishing on one of those lakes and they take your vehicle. Some years ago a guy flew onto Lower Red Lake to do some ice fishing. About half of Lower Red Lake is on reservation land and all of Upper Red Lake is. No fishing for Pale Faces on the rez. This guy had his plane confiscated. He had strayed over the unmarked reservation boundary. I believe he did get his plane back, eventually.

Reactions: OntarioVanMan

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I have also wondered about this as there is no way I am going to fish illegally. Great information in this thread as some day on my bucket list is to learn or try to fly fish. I have managed to cross of deep sea fishing and hope to go again but at least I have done this once and caught a tuna.

Reactions: Slo-Ride

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have also wondered about this as there is no way I am going to fish illegally. Great information in this thread as some day on my bucket list is to learn or try to fly fish. I have managed to cross of deep sea fishing and hope to go again but at least I have done this once and caught a tuna.
Holy Mackerel...hehehe..great going....

Slo-Ride

Veteran Expediter
I have often thought that one of the best perks a carrier could give, (besides a good rate) would be reimbursement for say 2 or 3 states fishing/hunting license. Want to keep me somewhere for the weekend, give me incentive to stay there. Hell I won't make money sitting but at least I would eat.
Carriers pass out perks to the office help like water why not us? Perks like golf outings/membership, Tickets to NASCAR, ballgames etc etc. The least they could do is help us feed ourselves. :D

Reactions: fastman_1

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Carriers pass out perks to the office help like water why not us?
I was given tickets to a Lions game once.
Didn't go.... couldn't find a bag.....

lions.jpg