first time

jvennetti

Active Expediter
hi all i'm jim and started expediting last year about the first of dec. i have already spent a few chilly nights in my van and i'm trying to adjust to this life style. so far it's been fun although the bigger city driving has been a challenge. it's nice to get out of youngstown ohio and am hoping to get some runs to the north east.i have picked up some pointers from the newbie section and hope to learn more

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Greetings Jim! Keep reading and asking questions. If you haven't already done so, insulate your van.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
A combination of foam boards, canned spray foam, and silver Reflectix bubble pack insulation works well. There are several threads over in Truck Talk about insulation.

jvennetti

Active Expediter
ok thanks right now i'm waiting to see about a run so maybe later i'll get started on insulating job. i'm going to need it .

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Plan on it taking three days to properly insulate the van. Seriously. :D

MissKat

Expert Expediter
We bought three long rolls at camping world for $40 a roll. Used drill, tapping screws and 3m spray. And chrome duct tape for marrying the edges. About $150. Installed same on floor then covered with wood and etrack.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
In the TRUCK TALK Forum, you will find 3-4 threads right at the top of the page , the "STICKYS"....they are all about setting up a Cargo Van and or Sprinter..they include pictures...take a look you find tips on insulating , house bank setup, heating and cooling and the list goes on...read all the threads, including those about sprinters, you can adapt most all the info to suit your needs....

Last edited:

jvennetti

Active Expediter
thanks for the info. i didnt need the insulation this trip. i went from carnegie pa to milford conn. met my brother and we got food and a room so i slept indoors. got a run from lowell mass. to euclid oh at 4pm the next day and am home now . it worked out to be a very good week

jvennetti

Active Expediter
also i was wondering about the load boards. how many different ones are there,what are they named,are they covering very large areas? any info would help