Finally, Ron Paul says he is done

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
All I can say to xiggi, pilgrim and the others that want to write off Dr. Paul as kook. Don't come crying when President Obama is re-elected. Just take your medicine and suck it up.

I do not think Ron Paul is a kook,.months ago I did until I took a.harder look at him. I do think some of his most ardent supporters live in denial thinking someone who has not won a primary would win the general election. One difference I see is if RP was.the was the canidate most conservatives would get behind him. On the other hand those.most intense supports in his camp will not Stand behind any other canadate chosem by the.people because they cannot admit their man lost and and in some ways do hope for an Obama reelection simply to punish those who are not believers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using EO Forums

Last edited:

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
It's really telling when some in here will go for Obama if RP isn't the nominee. It really destroys their argument. Four more years of Obama would be a catastrophy.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
It's really telling when some in here will go for Obama if RP isn't the nominee. It really destroys their argument. Four more years of Obama would be a catastrophy.

I don't vote for the lesser of two evils anymore. I vote for liberty. And Obama ain't it. Neither is Romney.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
If you look at the republican party there are more and more tea party candidates being elected. In Indiana, Mourdock won the primary over the establishment candidate Lugar. In Nebraska the establishment candidate for senator lost to the more conservative one. The tea party is trying to purge the party of the RINOS. To say the tea party isn't for liberty, well that's a bunch of crap.

For one, so many candidates have embraced the tea party for the popularity factor. Politicians just do that kind of crap. I'm not saying the original tea party doesn't stand for liberty. I'm saying what the movement has become is all about getting rid of Obama, regardless of who is running against him. A lot more people have boarded that train, than it started out with... and they can give a crap about liberty. Kinda reminds me of OWS.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I do not think Ron Paul is a kook,.months ago I did until I took a.harder look at him. I do think some of his most ardent supporters live in denial thinking someone who has not won a primary would win the general election. One difference I see is if RP was.the was the canidate most conservatives would get behind him. On the other hand those.most intense supports in his camp will not Stand behind any other canadate chosem by the.people because they cannot admit their man lost and and in some ways do hope for an Obama reelection simply to punish those who are not believers.

Not true. It's simply because we won't settle for a non-constitutionalist.

Pilgrim

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The MSM continues to desparately try to discredit the Tea Party and it's message, but apparently they're failing and it's here to stay - just ask FORMER Sen. Lugar. In spite of the alternate reality we get from the liberal talking heads, it's the RESULTS that count.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
I do agree with you Hawk that it is certainly a limited selection looking at anyone in Congress. In the big world of politics, it comes down to who has the money, can garner support and enough actual voters to compete. Ideas really become secondary. Been that way for a long time even though I don't like it. That was the problem Paul had. Had ideas but couldn't convert anything afterwards. Even if he garnered more support, he doesn't have the money to compete at that level. Now you have super-pacs and everything else involved. He couldn't finish the primaries let alone take on Obama.
Xiggi does have a good point that we see here with some of the Ron Paul supporters. I think they would vote for Obama just for spite. Funny though Paul is in the Republican party that they so dearly love to trash. Just a total loss of credibility when you put that in the picture.
If Paul by chance had the convictions some talk about, he wouldn't even be in the republican party. But we know that isn't true.

Last edited:

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I do agree with you Hawk that it is certainly a limited selection looking at anyone in Congress. In the big world of politics, it comes down to who has the money, can garner support and enough actual voters to compete. Ideas really become secondary. Been that way for a long time even though I don't like it. That was the problem Paul had. Had ideas but couldn't convert anything afterwards. Even if he garnered more support, he doesn't have the money to compete at that level. Now you have super-pacs and everything else involved. He couldn't finish the primaries let alone take on Obama.
Xiggi does have a good point that we see here with some of the Ron Paul supporters. I think they would vote for Obama just for spite. Funny though Paul is in the Republican party that they so dearly love to trash. Just a total loss of credibility when you put that in the picture.
If Paul by chance had the convictions some talk about, he wouldn't even be in the republican party. But we know that isn't true.

You're forgetting what the Republican party used to be like. Actually, both parties, at one time, were constitutional. We don't hate the party. In fact, we love it so much, we're trying to take it back.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
You're forgetting what the Republican party used to be like. Actually, both parties, at one time, were constitutional. We don't hate the party. In fact, we love it so much, we're trying to take it back.

You would never guess that based on what some post here. In fact I would say they hate it with a passion. As mentioned, I think some would just vote for Obama because Romney didn't let Paul win.

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
You would never guess that based on what some post here. In fact I would say they hate it with a passion. As mentioned, I think some would just vote for Obama because Romney didn't let Paul win.

Like it or not, there are some liberals in the Paul camp. I guess they like liberty more than they like social freebies. Or someone didn't tell them Paul was all constitutional and stuff; and that limited government to him was REALLY limited government, and not just a talking point. So, to them, naturally they would vote for Obama, cause he's the epitome of freedom and justice and personal responsibility. :rolleyes:

Me? I will either vote Libertarian or Constitution party if Paul doesn't make it. No Romney; and DEFINITELY no Obama for me.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Totally respect that. I'm in the camp of whatever it takes to get Obama out.
Then just hope on some kind of improvement.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The MSM continues to desparately try to discredit the Tea Party and it's message, but apparently they're failing and it's here to stay - just ask FORMER Sen. Lugar. In spite of the alternate reality we get from the liberal talking heads, it's the RESULTS that count.

Right the lame stream media tries to disparage the tea party at every turn by calling them a bunch of white racist morons. They are working to elect more conservatives into congress to replace the establishment ones that don't adhere to conservative principles. They should be encouraged and applauded instead of dismissed as a phony grass roots effort. The people that believe they are phony are lopping up the talking points of the LSM and Obama's minions.

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
For one, so many candidates have embraced the tea party for the popularity factor. Politicians just do that kind of crap. I'm not saying the original tea party doesn't stand for liberty. I'm saying what the movement has become is all about getting rid of Obama, regardless of who is running against him. A lot more people have boarded that train, than it started out with... and they can give a crap about liberty. Kinda reminds me of OWS.
Are there any tea party members of congress that this applies to? Please name names if this is the case.

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
You would never guess that based on what some post here. In fact I would say they hate it with a passion.
What is hated is not really the party itself - or what it is supposed to stand for - but the institutional corruption that exists within it .... and those individuals that aid, enable, or allow that corruption to exist ....

As Hawk said, some of us love it so much we are highly motivated to want to set things right .... including returning the party to it's traditional roots ....

You look at some here who rail at the GOP (as it currently exists) .... and conclude that this must mean they are therefore against what the party (is supposed to) stand for .... disregarding the possibility outlined above ....

Your conclusion is (obviously) not the only possible one.

If I were a Democrat (and I'm not - nor have I ever been), I'd likely be screaming to high heaven about the Democratic party ..... which, as Hawk rightly points out, has certainly lost it's way ....

But I'd prefer to clean up my own backyard first .... before I venture over and presume to tell my neighbor how to clean up his ....

As mentioned, I think some would just vote for Obama because Romney didn't let Paul win.
Nope .... but the idea of the aforementioned (ie. the corrupt within the GOP) being "taught a lesson" sure has some appeal ....

Additionally, there are additional political calculations one can make as well:

1. If one considers Romney to be largely the functional equivalent of Obama, which is the better scenario ?:

Only four more years of O .... or potentially eight years of Romney ?

2. As has been mentioned by others, it might be better to have a "quick death" .... rather than prolonged agony that ultimately results in the same destination ....

"Creative destruction" ("Schumpeter's gale") is, IMO, an entirely valid paradigm ....

There's an old saying: Sometimes one has to go south to go north .... meaning that sometimes things have to get a lot worse - really, really bad - before they will ever get better ....

Our forefathers fought one revolution to obtain our freedom .... who is to say that we will not have to fight another to retain it ?

Last edited:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not true. It's simply because we won't settle for a non-constitutionalist.

Oh it is true alright The primaries is when you vote your concious and work hard to get your man elected. Once those have been decided you csn still push for what you believe in but it is time to get the man in office out. No matter how much Romney migjt not be your guy nor voting for him is extremely short sighted just ask all those that voted for Ross Perot, that reslly changed things now didnt it?

witness23

Veteran Expediter
I do not think Ron Paul is a kook,.months ago I did until I took a.harder look at him.

Exactly. My post (#44) bears repeating:

The above is exactly the reason why you will have another four years of Obama. Uneducated electorate.

You thought he was a kook until you educated yourself about him. Why did you look into Ron Paul futher? Was it because of what you were reading here in the soapbox? Maybe something Rlent or someone else had posted that caught your attention about this man? What changed your mind about Ron Paul and him possibly being a kook?

Don't worry though, you are in the majority when it comes to paying attention to politics and the candidates running. I think that's why you have some in the soapbox showing the passion that they do for Dr. Paul, because they care and they want to share their passion with others.

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
Are there any tea party members of congress that this applies to? Please name names if this is the case.
Ahem:

The Club For Growth’s Depressing Study: Failure and Lies of the Tea Party Congresscritters | RedState

(Disclaimer: I have previously done work for the CfG in support of electing pro-growth, limited-government fiscal conservatives.)

Go to the actual study and have a look at how the supposed "Tea Party star" Allen West fared .....

And FWIW, one Republican - Justin Amash - who was elected with support from the "Tea Party", was one of three freshman legislators (out of 87) to receive a 100% rating (the highest) from the Club For Growth for his record since being elected .....

Rep. Amash wrote a "diary" (on RedState) on rolling back the troublesome portions of NDAA 2012 .... and for his efforts he received the following screeds from some moronic, frothing retard who goes by the moniker of mikeymike143 on RedHate:

"amash is an absolutely horrible congressman. hope he gets primaried his left wing peacenik foreign policy ideas are right out of the ron paul/jimmy carter playbook."

and

"amash and paul are two HAMAS loving idiot RINO's. neither has ever won anything outside of a small district. and nutjob paul is gone after this year and the paul wannabe (amash) will soon be voted out. anti semites tend to do bad in republican elections."

and

"tn guy, here is are a couple of links about the pro palestinian/anti israel position of that lame ron paul wanna be"

The dikwad who wrote the above possesses the requisite intelligence and political skill level required for dogcatcher .... maybe .... in a town with a population of one (himself) ....

Sad to say this joker is the "media director" for a local "tea party" group .... and a real big part of what makes RedState ..... "RedHate" ....

Also sad to have to point out the author himself - as well as the authors of the pieces at the links he posts - are absolutely radical supporters of Israel and rabid Islamophobes ....

Anything that is not "for Israel" (as they see it) cannot absolutely not be tolerated .... as demonstrated by the frothing fanatical hatred that they levy towards those that may hold a different opinion (for whatever reasons) ....

Something that perhaps isn't all that surprising .... given the fact that all three are Jewish neocons ....

Last edited:

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
No matter how much Romney migjt not be your guy nor voting for him is extremely short sighted just ask all those that voted for Ross Perot, that reslly changed things now didnt it?
Tell it to the people that supported McLame ....

And after you get done telling them that, tell 'em to own him .... and Obama ....

muttly

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh it is true alright The primaries is when you vote your concious and work hard to get your man elected. Once those have been decided you csn still push for what you believe in but it is time to get the man in office out. No matter how much Romney migjt not be your guy nor voting for him is extremely short sighted just ask all those that voted for Ross Perot, that reslly changed things now didnt it?

It gave us eight years of Clinton and set this country back a long time.