Ferguson should be protesting this.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Brian Rogers, a spokesman for Mr. McCain, said Tuesday the solution to the loophole is to get rid of Obamacare’s employer mandate, “which would eliminate the incentive to hire people who are ineligible for Obamacare subsidies.”

Or, OR, OR! we could just let illegal aliens have access to Obamacare. That's the ticket! Yeah, that's the best way. We can't eliminate the employer mandate, for cryin' out loud! If we did that then employers wouldn't provide insurance to their employees, and that would affect the children.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Another thought...

Illegals aren't available for Obamacare, therefore employers can't be penalized the $3000 for not providing them the insurance. So not only is there a $3000 incentive per illegal to hire as many of them as you can, you also don't have to pay out the money for the insurance in the first place. So the incentive is actually significantly more than that. As an employer, I'd be all over that. I'd be firing people and replacing them with illegals.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
l
Another thought...

Illegals aren't available for Obamacare, therefore employers can't be penalized the $3000 for not providing them the insurance. So not only is there a $3000 incentive per illegal to hire as many of them as you can, you also don't have to pay out the money for the insurance in the first place. So the incentive is actually significantly more than that. As an employer, I'd be all over that. I'd be firing people and replacing them with illegals.

Yep, that is exactly what will happen. As you say, if you are a business, why wouldn't you? Some of the large places will create a revolving door with that and generate a new revenue stream.
And of course, taxpayers will foot the bill and the healthcare costs of every one of them.
Obama supporters should be overjoyed. Well maybe not all. Especially if you are here legally and unemployed. :rolleyes:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
This is ridiculous. Why can't Wanda Sykes think as much about Obama as Rush?

RLENT

Veteran Expediter
This is ridiculous. Why can't Wanda Sykes think as much about Obama as Rush?
Even better:

Why can't Wanda Sykes think as much about Obama as you do ... thinking about her AND Obama?

lol ...