FedEx Ground hauling FECC freight ?

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I have to bring attention to this . A member on another forum claiming to be teaming on an E unit wrote a long rant saying he sat in CA for days while FedEx Ground units with leased reefers came in and hauled freight for $1.35 a mile that should have gone to him for $2.75 a mile . He says FECC leased 50 reefers for this purpose and just pocketed the extra $1.40 a mile . He says his is teaming with the truck owner named Ray .
Anything suggestions on how to set things straight on this ?

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
I almost joined that forum so that I could respond to the idiot.

He says "Things have really gone down hill in the last two months" Heck he has only been there 10 weeks.

He says 60/40 or 40/60 is only done with a very few owners and they are crooked. What an idiot.

Also says that he has grossed 15K in ten weeks (his amount of pay based on him getting 20%) He is just an blow hard with no sense.

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
I almost joined that forum so that I could respond to the idiot.

He says "Things have really gone down hill in the last two months" Heck he has only been there 10 weeks.

He says 60/40 or 40/60 is only done with a very few owners and they are crooked. What an idiot.

Also says that he has grossed 15K in ten weeks (his amount of pay based on him getting 20%) He is just an blow hard with no sense.

I know . He also says FECC had no lease trailers until this flu thing started . I just hate seeing people running expediters down with a bunch of false info . There are plenty of legitimate gripes to post . I'd like to know some facts behind his story though .

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Ground did buy some reefer trailers because I saw them last year in Memphis. Now whether they are hauling CC loads, I wouldn't have a clue. This sounds more like a disgruntled driver.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
If they are hauling our freight we must have a lot more of it. All we are running is reefer loads!!

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
There were some extra lease reefers leased for hauling the flu pharmaceuticals.these trailers did not go to fedex ground.
in the next few months,the extra lease trailers are going away,as FDCC has pruchased 200 dry box trailers that will be in the system starting around March of ths year.
1st 50 are going to DOD qualified teams.
There are quite a few FEDEX company reefers around,of which none are Ground or Custom Critical,they are Global Logistics,which use to be Mediquick,during the Roberts days,and yes their rates are less than ours.When we haul most of the pharmaceutical loads,we are actually hauling for Global Logistics

Crazynuff

Veteran Expediter
Thanks Nightcreacher . That sure clarifies things . The loads were from flu . I assume Global would get priority for these loads over a FECC E unit .

Bruno

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
US Marines
no we haul the loads for global,they dont run teams

Steve haven't they been doing that for some time? One of my last loads was a global load and it paid very good. Sounds like this guy on the other forum don't know what he is talking about. Robbie Roberson is in charge of all the lease trailers at FedEx still, right Steve?