Fedex Custom Critical Questions

HrHitter33

Active Expediter
What is CC's pay? I have a Hazmat and Class A, but will drive a large straight truck. What are their weekly deductions, qc,Insurance,etc.? Bonus pay FSC, border crossing, etc.? Thanks in advance.

Doggie Daddy

Veteran Expediter
Is this your own truck that you will be putting on with FECC, or are you driving for a fleet owner?

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Ahhh, anything or both??? you really haven't researched this much have you...your truck setup for WG or a regular dry box van?..do you have DOD clearences??

One thing to keep in mind, while i don't drive for the Fed, they are a very diveres company and have more then a few different units under the CC wing...and that is changing on an ongoing basis...FedEx CC yoday is NOT the FedEx CC of a year ago...

A few things, go down to the "Carrier" forum lower down on this page, read the post there, and also read this thread:

http://www.expeditersonline.com/for...946-thanks-team-sure-hope-you-were-right.html

Last edited:

HrHitter33

Active Expediter
what the heck kinda comment is that..I haven't researched this much? What do you think I'm, doing now? Mr. Chef..if your not gonna be helpful, please do not respond to my posts. Thanks

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Wow...i thought i was being very helpful...i gave you a link to read, i suggested you read the FedEx forum..i asked several questiones that would need to be answered before anyone can answer alot your quetiones...Also, researching the topics you asked about would include using the "SEARCH" feature here and looking for more answers...

So, are you planning on running Solo or as a Team? Thats just one more question to add to the list i have already asked so that alot your questions can be answered

HrHitter33

Active Expediter
1.) I have called Fedex CC....but haven't been able to connect with a recruiter. Last time I talked to a Recruiter, I was interested in only driving a cargo van. Now I am open to all vehicles, but mostly Large ST's. As much info as possible would have been appreciatted.2.) Recruiter's are not always the best source of info 3.) Mr Chef...I was kinda ticked about your sarcastic comment..But I apologize.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
when I said you hadn't researched this much, it wasn't a " sarcastic comment", It was said becaue it was obvisous you hadn't....asking about the money side is what people that really don't have a grip on the industry do when they are new...there is sooo much more that needs to be asked to decide if a company even fits what you are looking for...

Do you have a business plan? What are your expectations of the industry and or a carrier? do you know what you need per mile to move the unit you wll be driving? do you have any idea on how to get to that point in revenue? Why FeDEx? Why not E-1 or some mid size carrier? If FedEx, what divison in CC are you considering? Do you even know that there are several divisions each with different requirements? Do you know that there are now FedEx is now running company owne dequipment againat O/O's and they are getting dispatched ahead of O/o's? Before I posted the link on Flat rate O/O's did you know they existed and are fairly new?

There was no sarcasism there, it was obvisous from your answer to my post that you hadn't researched much and that your major concern was money and not really what happens day to day in the industry and FedEx since you asked about them....Believe me, without having the questions I asked and alot more answered, you really don't have the basis to make a good decision...

How many days are you ok with sitting waiting for freight? Thats just one more and there are alot more....

One other thing, probably the most asked question from people that are looking for what they think is an easy way to make money when they come here is, how much can i make (or whats the pay) and the next is "which company is the best to "HIRE" on with"....both show most people asking those questiones have not researched the industry...

Last edited:

greg334

Veteran Expediter
"what divison in CC are you considering?"

"Do you even know that there are several divisions each with different requirements?"

Chef, they are groups within CC, not divisions. Surface as it is called is one and White Glove is another. They have cross overs between them and a WG truck can and does work as a surface truck. They don't have Air Expedite or anything like that. Most of it is based on the equipment installed on the truck.

CC is part of Freight Division, it is not a separate entity in the corporate structure from what I am told. Freight is owned by FedEx Corporate which is the parent company.

As for the OP's qeustions, with all these FedEx people hanging aruond, I don't get a lack of answers.

What is CC's pay?

What do you mean by pay?

You mean revenue?

If so it depends on the load, with straight trucks they work on percentage of the gross receivable. I think it is 62%, but may have changed. They are offering a flat rate program but from what I read, it is still up in the air whether it will help the contractor.

What are their weekly deductions, qc,Insurance,etc.?

Insurance - if you choose to take theirs. Workers comp, Qualcomm, and the escrow for the first 6 weeks or so. If you want actual numbers, one of the cheer leaders can PM you with that. Overall it is about the same as any other company.

Bonus pay FSC, border crossing, etc.?

Bonus pay?

Please tell me what you mean.

FSC is flat rate, and I understand it changes weekly.

I don't think there is a border crossing fee added in, I think it is inclusive to the gross which means you get 62% of it.

Hope that helps.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Oh my God..."groups" not "divisions"....how ignorant can I be...:rolleyes:

I'll bet the OP got my point....:rolleyes: but i am certain he is better informed now greg because of your "attention to detail" and my total lack of such...:rolleyes:

Last edited:

HrHitter33

Active Expediter
I have two years expedite experience in a cargo van, with Panther. I have 1 year experience as a Company driver in a TT, I currently work for a contractor at Fedex Home Delivery. I am gonna partner with him in that business and we are looking to expand. Preferrably with Fedex. We are looking at ALL the Fedex options. Freight, TT,ST and cargo van/sprinter's, with a goal of owning a fleet of vehicles. Expedite is an option. Therefore, I am looking for feedback. Yes, we have a plan, but since It's been awhile since I drove expedite,I wanted some feedback. I will most probably drive for awhile, then put someone in the vehicle. I had no idea I had to give so much info to get info..but so be it.

HrHitter33

Active Expediter
I was hoping to hear from those with experience with CC...I know alot of truckers "heard" this and that..but really wanted CC driver's feedback. Also, by bonus, I meant like hand unload, border crossing safety bonus'. I understand the % thing, never been a fan of it. I like specifics, so the expectations remain constant. I have finally touched base with a recruiter and have documentation. Still going over it.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I was with FDCC 25 years tractor tailer,there is no answer for your question,Each abd every person at FDCC makes a different gross pay.Based how hard you want to work,what endorsements are on your license,how your truck is equipped,as fa as deductions,the usual,QC,Ins,HEalth Accident,and asvances.Greg when I left pay beca,e 59.5%,fdcc now pays fo signage dont know what flat rate is,but bet its not enough.Flat rate only works with lots of miles,which inturn wears out your equipment prematurly,vicious cycle

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
I can answer this one, yes there is a safety bonus, a real nice pin (for your hat or whatever) and a purty sticker for your truck window. Hope this helps.

You forgot about the "Accident Free in 2010 ID Card holder and necklace.