FedEx confused

TeaDance

Active Expediter
OK, I'm confused, I just finished a conversation with a recuiter at USxpess who mentioned FedEx is one of their customers for the new straight truck expedited department. :confused:

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is not anything I would let sway my opinion. Basically in the expedite world everyone uses other companies fairly often. I have been with 3 companies and think I have ran Fedx loads with all of them.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
Happens all the time. Just about every company brokers to the others. Fedex specifically brokers out quite a bit of freight.

nightcreacher

Veteran Expediter
I have done custom critical loads when I was at tri state,and tri state loads while at Custom CRITICAL,its just business

TeaDance

Active Expediter
Thanks, I guess you learn something new every day. I'm just confused. So when a load is bid on by FedEx and USxpress shows up for the pick up.....the shippers must be really confused

scottm4211

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Thanks, I guess you learn something new every day. I'm just confused. So when a load is bid on by FedEx and USxpress shows up for the pick up.....the shippers must be really confused

Don't confuse them. "Hi, I'm here to pick up the load going to ABC in Hicksville NC..." Just leave it at that.

TeaDance

Active Expediter
Yes, but I paid for the reliability of FedEx......who are you, and why am I not getting what I paid for...lol

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Yes, but I paid for the reliability of FedEx......who are you, and why am I not getting what I paid for...lol
"You paid FedEx to ensure your shipment gets picked up and delivered on time and undamaged - which is why FedEx called us to do it."

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
It's a common practice. Some companies will accept every load a customer offers before finding out if they have a vehicle in the area. They then are committed, and search to find someone, even if they have to broker it. Example, in my home area, for some reason, I've picked up a few loads that they were expecting Tri-State, or even some little carrier I"ve never heard of... (I'm with FedEx.) .. evidently they can't cover it, so call us.

Dale

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
"You paid FedEx to ensure your shipment gets picked up and delivered on time and undamaged - which is why FedEx called us to do it."

Yeah, I've gotten the opposite sometimes too... "I used XXXX last time, and they were late, and damaged the shipment.. I know you will get it there safely"..

Off topic, but one of the most common compliments I get is on load securement. Different times, I've had surprised dock workers comment on the fact that I actually strap their skids down. Again "XXXX's driver just slammed the doors after I loaded him and took off"... or 'yeah, the last guy just had a 2x4 across to stop a 2000 lb load...."

Dale

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
US Xpress does work for FedEx Ground and/or FedEx Freight and there are USX teams dedicated to FedEx terminals. When with USX we did some FedEx Freight and they were high pressure loads with a lot of babysitting and notes on the QC on how the load was to be handled and being late for delivery was not an option. It has been a few years since we were with USX but I know we did not look forward to FedEx loads because of the additional pressure, most USX loads Bob picked them up and Bob delivered without a small window of delivery time.

smarian

Seasoned Expediter
While I was signed up with pink panther I was sitting behind a friend of mine's shoulder looking on bidding expediting boards. Everybody is selling their o/o down the river for a few pennies. One solution might be forcing the carriers to pay for the QC. This way maybe they will think twice before signing 3-4 CVs for every load per day they have. Yeah right, how? when I have just said 51,000 manufacturing sites closed since 2000.

cableguymn

Seasoned Expediter
While I was signed up with pink panther I was sitting behind a friend of mine's shoulder looking on bidding expediting boards. Everybody is selling their o/o down the river for a few pennies. One solution might be forcing the carriers to pay for the QC. This way maybe they will think twice before signing 3-4 CVs for every load per day they have. Yeah right, how? when I have just said 51,000 manufacturing sites closed since 2000.

With the huge advancements in cell phones and coverage the qc should be a thing of the past. There are programs made just for trucking that run on android and do everything the qc does with the exception of the few places in the nation where there is no coverage. And they are free for the driver. And that is why companies don't use them. They make money on all the fees they nail the driver with.

Charging for the qc is just another way to feather their nest. I had one local courier company tell me with a straight face that their cell phone (a glorified one albeit) would cost me "only" 300 dollars a month.

Oh goodie! Where do I sign?

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk