Fed Ex Orientation

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
lol...we do tend to over debate non-issues, huh? :) I feel certain that having the training/license will not disqualify you for anything.....how's that?! Lol

Yea but what about GPS certification. :)

Sent from my Fisher Price - ABC 123

denny2010

Expert Expediter
I never went to orientation. First owner showed us stuff but learned most of it hands on while on road. But have been there to eat those great free lunches..lol

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
The cafeteria is pretty health conscious and very few choices are not good for you!

Don't worry, there are still a few choices that are really good plus the lots of stuff that's good for you but still not bad. :D

BigCat

Expert Expediter
I don't know I remember greasy cheeseburgers and pizza when I was there lol. It was better than panther lunch though.

noneya

Active Expediter
I don't know I remember greasy cheeseburgers and pizza when I was there lol. It was better than panther lunch though.

Yeah, panther's lunches are terrible. Can we all say card board tasting pizza:banghead:? And you only remember greasy cheeseburgers and pizza because that's what you choose to eat as fedex has plenty to choose from @ lunchtime.:D

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Panther lunches weren't much alright but with 200% turnover I guess it's too many people to feed anything more than that.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
They should give you guys the venison that the homeless don't want! LOL.

I went to Panthers catered dinner at last summers expo, it was great. But I don't think it's the same stuff as their cafeteria. A recruiter invited me.

noneya

Active Expediter
Panther lunches weren't much alright but with 200% turnover I guess it's too many people to feed anything more than that.

They have a 200% turnover rate because they don't keep their drivers busy enough and they want drivers to run cheap freight!

Qwhite2013

Rookie Expediter
I'm a little bit off the path of orientation but I wanted to ask the group with FedEx CC if anyone is out of the PA area do you see much sitting and waiting on loads? Also weekly I'm sure things vary but I'm concerned somewhat about staying busy and making enough money not only for truck payment but net profit. Any input from the vets of expediting? Will appreciate all input.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
After 'schooling' I'll have CDL-B Air Brake HazMat & Fork Lift Certification. Does anyone know if fork lift comes into play at any point? Just wondering what it's for. Wow this question really shows my newbie stripes.

I can see that combination of certifications would be valuable for someone who was doing warehouse and yard-dog work, or maybe driving one of those building supply delivery trucks with the fork lift that is carried to the unload site.

In expediting, there is little call for expediters to operate a fork lift. I remember that it was prohibited at FedEx Custom Critical. I don't recall learning any policy about it at our present carrier but my sense is that would be a hanging offense.