Fed Ex Orientation

jackieg

Active Expediter
Wondering if anyone out there has gone through the Fed Ex Orientation? They'd like us to come in and then sign on with them, but I have No Idea what to expect. Appreciate any advice you can give!
Safety First, Jackie

piattteam

Active Expediter
Nothing to it. Sign a lot of papers. Go over company policies. Pee test. Get Qualcom installed then training.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Really good lunches in the company cafeteria. Lots of policies and procedures to learn. Some good tips on how to do stuff. Oh, and really good lunches in the company cafeteria.

billg27

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Never been there, but I heard they have really good lunches. LOL. Good luck with your new carrier.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Don't skip lunch. The food there is great.
They also give out a lot of good information so pay attention and take notes.

Sent from my EVO using EO Forums

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
In the past when we have gone through an orientation class, I bring a little spiral bound index card book. That way. Can make notes for everyday use in a little book for quick reference.
Sent from my VS920 4G using Tapatalk 2

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
FedEx orientation is fairly good. It is aimed at those who are leasing on a truck with them but there is a ton to learn.

The good is GREAT there! Don't skip the lunch! :D

IF you decide to sign on with FedEx don't be afraid to ask questions of other FedEx people. Most are more than willing to help a newbie.

Don't forget the lunch!

Dynamite 1

Staff member
Fleet Owner
Shoot, got that beat. We get free Isis for lunch at orientation.
That was the other thing I was going to ask. Will fedx take you with no over the road experience. Some carrier require 6 mo or a year.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
In the past when we have gone through an orientation class, I bring a little spiral bound index card book. That way. Can make notes for everyday use in a little book for quick reference.

Geek!

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

runrunner

Veteran Expediter
Shoot, got that beat. We get free Isis for lunch at orientation.
That was the other thing I was going to ask. Will fedx take you with no over the road experience. Some carrier require 6 mo or a year.

FedEx requires no experience for Vans but bigger trucks I think is 6 months in the last 2 years.

jackieg

Active Expediter
Maybe different for straight trucks!? Husband has classB exp but I don.t However I will have my TTI Certificate w hazmat and forklift... maybe that'll show 'em! lol jk!

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I agree with Jenny take a notebook and take notes. Get names and emails if possible. Hopefully you will meet your Contract Coordinator who will be your main contact within the building. Get to know this person.

Ask lots of questions if you don't understand something ask. Believe me when you go out on that first load you are going to look at those notes!

There is a lot of information given in orientation and it can be overwhelming.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Some carriers have a waiver to be filled out by your testing instructor as well, if you do not have experience.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
I take notes.
A few days afterwards I redo my notes, reorganizing them. Combining ideas. Writing neater.

The lunch is great. Healthier choices than most are use to. Very little,if any, chocolate available.

They take the nonsmoking rules very seriously.