FECC Recruitment Web Page Failure

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
I just filled out my information on the FECC possibly interested contractors web site, and when I went to click on the "submit" button, the button reacted, but nothing happened. Shouldn't the page "submit" itself, and then automatically forward you to another page? At least I should get a "thank you for your consideration", or something like that I would think. Is their website messed up?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
I just filled out my information on the FECC possibly interested contractors web site, and when I went to click on the "submit" button, the button reacted, but nothing happened. Shouldn't the page "submit" itself, and then automatically forward you to another page? At least I should get a "thank you for your consideration", or something like that I would think. Is their website messed up?

Was this on the FedEx website?

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Yes it was on their website. I filled out everything just for the heck of it to see if they would contact me. I go to submit my info, the button responded, but the page never changed. You would think it would direct you to a "Thank You" page or something. My point being that the FECC website is just as screwed up as their freight rates and their dispatch, which maybe I should have mentioned in the original posting.

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Yes it was on their website. I filled out everything just for the heck of it to see if they would contact me. I go to submit my info, the button responded, but the page never changed. You would think it would direct you to a "Thank You" page or something. My point being that the FECC website is just as screwed up as their freight rates and their dispatch, which maybe I should have mentioned in the original posting.

It could just be because of your name and Attitude?

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Freight rates and dispatch are screwed up.... yet you fill out an app?

Probably saved you both wasted time then! :)

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Freight rates and dispatch are screwed up.... yet you fill out an app?

Probably saved you both wasted time then! :)

Dale

Why would you apply to a place you hate. Sounds like a thread made to complain!!!:rolleyes:

Last edited:

ExFedEx

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Owner/Operator
Yeah, I've got a sick sense of humor I guess. I just wanted to see if they would contact me. An ego thing...

Yesterday I was going over some old posts and threads I did on this site from over ten years ago - nothing with FECC has changed! Their rates are the same now as they were then; the only difference being to us contractors is that fuel has quadrupled in price. A buddy of mine just took a FECC load from San Diego to somewhere in Montana, 1400 something miles, and the pay was $1500. No wonder we're starving. But first he had to DH to San Diego, then of course he gets to DH back to Los Angeles, so that mileage actually turned into something around 3000 miles. The math is very easy on this one.

Dakota

Veteran Expediter
Yeah, I've got a sick sense of humor I guess. I just wanted to see if they would contact me. An ego thing...

Yesterday I was going over some old posts and threads I did on this site from over ten years ago - nothing with FECC has changed! Their rates are the same now as they were then; the only difference being to us contractors is that fuel has quadrupled in price. A buddy of mine just took a FECC load from San Diego to somewhere in Montana, 1400 something miles, and the pay was $1500. No wonder we're starving. But first he had to DH to San Diego, then of course he gets to DH back to Los Angeles, so that mileage actually turned into something around 3000 miles. The math is very easy on this one.

Haven't you heard the saying "The more things change, the more they stay the same" Rings true in the trucking industry:rolleyes:

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner

Ok...I'll try it. If a load went to Montana, why would one DH back to Los Angeles? I guess it goes to say as well that I can't imagine taking a load from San Diego to Montana for 1500.

Freightdawg

Expert Expediter

Their website is sooo smart, that it knew your inquiry was a joke, there fore it ignored you!:D

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Ok...I'll try it. If a load went to Montana, why would one DH back to Los Angeles? I guess it goes to say as well that I can't imagine taking a load from San Diego to Montana for 1500.

Some one must be stuck on stupid.No wonder they can't make any money.:rolleyes:

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Some one must be stuck on stupid.No wonder they can't make any money.:rolleyes:

1450 miles (for example), would be about $1508 for a load to my van...so I'm assuming it was a B load... would a truck seriously accept a load like that??????

Dale

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
1450 miles (for example), would be about $1508 for a load to my van...so I'm assuming it was a B load... would a truck seriously accept a load like that??????

Dale

Pick me....it takes me home...LOL

seriously tho there are some that will....just think if you are a fleet driver and the owner pays the fuel....why not....who cares about the owner....

teamjdw

Expert Expediter

Dale
I wouln't take that load for less than $2537.00

but more around $2900.00 - $3000.00

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Teamjdw,
You're white glove, right? I can see that with your equip. I was thinking a regular dry box would want $1.50 a mile... is that far off?

Dale

teamjdw

Expert Expediter
Teamjdw,
You're white glove, right? I can see that with your equip. I was thinking a regular dry box would want $1.50 a mile... is that far off?

Dale

White glove tval ... if just dry box 1.50 would be ok