FECC extra pay for tolls

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
On the Extranet news it was stated that we will not have to keep receipts for tolls.Toll money will automatically be added to the contractors revenue.

Frank please correct me if I am wrong...But these receipts should be kept and used as regular expense against your tax return.

I think FECC is merely saying they do not need for you to send the receipts in for reimbursement.

davekc

Senior Moderator
Staff member
Fleet Owner
If the carrier pays the tolls, the contractor can't then claim it as a deduction.

Davekc
owner
22 years
PantherII
EO moderator

G

No you want to keep them because there putting that money on your 1099 so you can write that off. And there on going to pay only 60% of what the tolls are for C And D Units.

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
FEDExCC/Roberts Express O/O Since 3/1/1995
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047

Big Redd

Expert Expediter
Tolls are based on the rate charged to E units. Since a C or D is smaller,ie. less axels then they will only get 60% of what the toll is for an E. In the case of NYC this is less then the $50.00 we will no longer get for going into the city.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>If the carrier pays the tolls, the contractor can't then
>claim it as a deduction.

The carrier is not paying the tolls. Contractor makes the payment then is reimbursed by an addition to his income. This addition must be offset by an expense deduction on your tax return.If you don`t do it this way,you will be paying income tax on the toll reimbursement.

redytrk

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
>No you want to keep them because there putting that money on
>your 1099 so you can write that off. And there on going to
>pay only 60% of what the tolls are for C And D Units.

This statement is misleading. They are paying 60% of what a 18 wheeler would pay. This is because the PC Miler program only calculates for this class.The 60% reduces that figure to about what we actually pay.

G

I'm not sure to be honest it just says 60% paid for C's and D's

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047

greg334

Veteran Expediter
> I'm not sure to be honest it just says 60% paid for C's and
>D's

They use the base of what a tractor would get for a toll reimburstment and give us poor folk a percentge of the that.

For example, going from exit 145 to 71 - cost for a truck with the gross of 37,000 is $6.25

OK as a class D truck, what you get is 60% of this or $3.75

In my case being a van I get 30% which is $1.875 which still is ok but I would rather get 100% or $5.85

I am still p*ssed about the FSC info we got opposed to the true facts.

03cobra

Seasoned Expediter
All this makes me laugh!

Please call in and speak with someone at FDCC if you have questions, dont listen to others - especially those who dont know what they are talking about.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>All this makes me laugh!
>
>
>Please call in and speak with someone at FDCC if you have
>questions, dont listen to others - especially those who dont
>know what they are talking about.

Excuse Me? I hope you are not talking about my example. This was used at the meeting monday and repeated here for the benifit of others.

03cobra

Seasoned Expediter
I think the tolls assistance will be a great thing - we are getting nothing now.

As for the posting about fuel etc... Greg what you were saying (that you heard from those who work at FDCC)- that info is correct.

Thats all I was trying to point out. I was in house and seen the facts - this is going to be a wonderful thing!!!

G

>All this makes me laugh!
>
>
>Please call in and speak with someone at FDCC if you have
>questions, dont listen to others - especially those who dont
>know what they are talking about.

A lot of us do know what we are talking about mainly when we are setting here looking at was sent to us in the mail.

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047

G

>I think the tolls assistance will be a great thing - we are
>getting nothing now.
>
>As for the posting about fuel etc... Greg what you were
>saying (that you heard from those who work at FDCC)- that
>info is correct.
>
>Thats all I was trying to point out. I was in house and
>seen the facts - this is going to be a wonderful thing!!!

You only get tolls paid on all loaded miles not any deadhead miles.
So if your at the Petro in Bordentown, NJ and your pickup is on long Island you will have about $42.00 in tolls you don't get paid for. How is that better?

I took a few loads (5 Loads)that my truck done and added up all the FSC on all the loads. And not everyone had a FSC. Then I did it the new way and add in what I would have got for all the tolls and the Extra FSC on the Deadhead and it was still less by over $878.29.

So how is this better. Explain to me and I will shut Up.

Drive safe

Dave Mayfield
C1847,C2045,D3397,D5047

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
• C and D loads will receive 60 percent of the E rate.

This is off the FedEx web site. I will sure appreciate being reimbursed for the tolls on the Ohio and Pennsylvania turnpike. We will still look at the New York City loads and if they do not pay enough we will turn them down.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
I also agree you will have to keep your receipts to off set the income on your 1099. If I understand it right you will get paid your tolls whether you drive the toll roads are not. Our routing are just suggested routings and not set in stone.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
>I also agree you will have to keep your receipts to off set
>the income on your 1099. If I understand it right you will
>get paid your tolls whether you drive the toll roads are
>not. Our routing are just suggested routings and not set in
>stone.

From what we were told monday, we get the toll pay only if we follow the 'suggested' route if this is correct - which at that point is no longer a suggestion but a mandate and is very close to the edge of IC/employee line.

NEVERHOME247

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Just a side note. This toll assistance only applies to standard tarriff customers and not contract customers. So if you go across the GW to pick-up a load for a contract customer. Not only will you not get the New York pay. You also will not get any toll assistance. And less FSC then the old system. Someone correct me if I am wrong. Am I missing something here????