February

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
ok shrewing dam seagulls away from my truck already like a B52 bomber they got me three times , here in VA BEACH .. next thing is anyone know if we get loads out of here i try to find out from dispatch if this is a non area or not ? after 37hrs just wondering guys ? to hopefully start the week off with some revenue into the piggy bank ..?
wombat .... dam it another dropping from these annoying gulls BIG CHARLIES TRUCK PLAZA BEEN INVADED

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
ok shrewing dam seagulls away from my truck already like a B52 bomber they got me three times , here in VA BEACH .. next thing is anyone know if we get loads out of here i try to find out from dispatch if this is a non area or not ? after 37hrs just wondering guys ? to hopefully start the week off with some revenue into the piggy bank ..?
wombat .... dam it another dropping from these annoying gulls BIG CHARLIES TRUCK PLAZA BEEN INVADED

I was there a couple weeks back and got right out....

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
but they say it is lucky if a bird crap on you the amount of times i been already wow it going to be a big load ..lol

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
ok you forgot to take some of these seagulls with you when you was here after 38hrs getting nervous .... freights gods was a smiling upon you :)

I dropped on a Sat morning, done a little sight seeing with a friend who lives there, then got a load out Monday afternoon from the Richmond area.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
So true... but its better for them to smile on you than to be crappin on you...:D

Ya know there is an unwritten limit....only 2 location changes allowed a week...after that it is called boasting...LOL.....

BTW...keep up the good job.......hehehehehe.....;)

wombat52

Veteran Expediter
I dropped on a Sat morning, done a little sight seeing with a friend who lives there, then got a load out Monday afternoon from the Richmond area.

ok sight seeing good idea a swim in the ocean a suntan on the beach only problem no sun and no friend in VA BEACH ..

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Seagulls? A couple of seagulls? How about millions and millions of blackbirds and European starlings crapping on everything in sight?

blacbirds_kentuckyc.jpg

Welcome to Hopkinsville, KY, where Alfred Hitchcоck is alive and well.

regresoalmotelbates2.jpg

Bird invasion brings real-life horror to Kentucky city | Reuters

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
We used to have blackbird invasions like that when I was younger. I guess they've moved a little east. They made great target practice for a farm kid..lol. I don't miss 'em though.

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Ya know there is an unwritten limit....only 2 location changes allowed a week...after that it is called boasting...LOL.....

BTW...keep up the good job.......hehehehehe.....;)

REALLY! Kind of hard to know if it's unwritten. So what your saying is my posting my more than 2 runs a week is upsetting some others. This is terrible that I was doing this and didn't know it. I always like to know when I step on someone nerve......so I can stop there and dance a jig on it!

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
We used to have blackbird invasions like that when I was younger. I guess they've moved a little east. They made great target practice for a farm kid..lol. I don't miss 'em though.

Yeah, a little east, and a little north this year. They usually go just below the freeze line, so they can get good pickins on seeds laying in the fields. But the Global Warming Climate Change has moved them a little to the north. Back a few years ago, early 90s I guess, I was in Nashville the year they roosted there. It was a uniquely powerful smell, I remember that.