February locations

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Oh right...Isn't Gilroy the garlic capital of the world? I'll look it up and Good morning Joe!

Good morning! Yes, that is their claim to fame. We like to go out of Gilroy to the South East to a place called "Casa De Fruita" to stay when we are in the area. MUCH nicer than any other truck stop, better food and a great fruit market.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Sounds like house of the fruits. Someone who founded that city must have had a vision of what was to come in California; especially San Fransicko. House of the fruits!!!

Casa De Fruta is owned by an Italian family and has been in business for over 100 years. It is an interesting place. Quiet, once it gets dark and the roving pea****s shut up. Link below.

Gourmet Dried Fruit, Chocolate Covered Fruit, Gift Baskets, Healthy Fruit, Pomegranate Wine, Mesquite Flour at Casa de Fruta

ErieBigDawg

Seasoned Expediter
Enroute to KC from N Platte with 3 ounce load. A real expedite load!
426 loaded miles.

Expecting good fuel mileage.

chefdennis

Veteran Expediter
Juju, that is a good recipe, but I'd add some sweet onion alao...kind of like pickled sliced cucumbers....mmmmm:)

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I was just trying to be a clown. Nothing personal man!

I took nothing personal. I got it too. I just thought it might be a good idea to post their web site in case others wanted to try it. Much better than the Garlic Farm truck stop. The food is not bad, not great, but not bad. The fruit stand is great. We always try to load up on nuts when we are there. Have never tried their wines since we are always working. Too bad. I would like to some day.