February Locations and Banter

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I'm in Murray, about 70 miles west of Ft Campbell. Down here anything 4 inches or more is considered a "Major Snow Event." And it's mainly because of the lack of snow removal equipment. Everything here in town is shut down, including Murray State University.

In Florence, Y'all, where there's about 3", and all I've been hearing all day is plows & sirens. Heading up to Mi tomorrow, hope the roads are ok.

jjoerger

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Army
Currently near Dayton. The roads were in very poor condition. Did 45 most of the way. WK Parkway had one lane poorly plowed. Louisville was a disaster.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Stay safe! If YOU determine it unsafe shut it down and let ops know right away. Your safety and the others on the road come before a piece of freight. Communication is key.

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Spent 4 hours getting up the West Virginia turnpike, I gave up when I got to Ohio, have not seen a plow in hours.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Good morning gang. Hope everyone is safe and as warm as they can be today.

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Well as much as I hate all this harsh winter down south..... I am hopeful that it will result in some increased expedite volumes. The supply has had a pretty smooth start to the year. Truckload and specialized volumes bounced right back after the holidays. Expedite needs a "disruption" or two after holiday catch up periods for suppliers.

Well another day......another airplane!

shadow7663

Expert Expediter
I run the D2 Espar units in a few trucks. In my coldest experience it was -20 Temps and the D2 kept the truck very warm and I could have turned it up more but 75 was plenty. That was in a 07 Freightliner Columbia.

I did the ROI back when I bought them a few years ago, I don't remember exactly how long it took but right around 10 weeks give or take.

Also in case anyone isn't aware Espar is being sued for breaking anti-trust laws by the Government. I received some paperwork yesterday in the mail but I need to read it over next time I'm home and report back.

I'm not a big fan of ANY Espar dealer especially those in MI. I always bought my units online and did the installation myself. Very easy to do and easy to maintain.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
i have not had problems. espar in michigan has bent over backwards to help me in the past. if espar has antitrust issues, it has to be with webasto? Webasto goes into some pretty big fleets. I'm not sure how espar could corner that market. as a customer, no problems with espar, or espar of michigan.

eb

flattop40

Expert Expediter
Truck breaks down loaded. :( According to dealer it's the clutch went out. In an automatic? Who knew? Not me. Did not know there was a clutch in an automatic in these big trucks. IF all goes well should be back on the road by Wednesday. Estimated cost 3k give or take.

Update. It was not the clutch. Now they think it's the clutch actuator. IF this does not solve the problem next will be the trans ECM. They already warned me they did a preliminary search and they can't find one in stock and if they do need to find one the sticker price will be 4k for the part alone. Starting to wonder if I should have stayed in the sprinter class. :mad:

jelliott

Veteran Expediter
Motor Carrier Executive
US Army
Update. It was not the clutch. Now they think it's the clutch actuator. IF this does not solve the problem next will be the trans ECM. They already warned me they did a preliminary search and they can't find one in stock and if they do need to find one the sticker price will be 4k for the part alone. Starting to wonder if I should have stayed in the sprinter class. :mad:

Uggggghhhhh. But I would still say...NOOOOO!

SWTexas1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator

What type is it? I know that when mine went out on my 12 speed ZF automatic it took 4 weeks to get one from Germany. And yea it was about 4500

flattop40

Expert Expediter
I took it to Diesel Truck Sales in Saginaw, Mi. Closest Freightliner dealer to my house. The transmission is a Mercedes smart shift 6 speed.