February 2016 locations

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Waiting to get loaded, Morgontown KY to Douglas AZ, drop Monday morning. Started the week down there with a Monday load, hoping for a repeat.

AAA told me as long as you don't have duals, the van is good for towing. Any body tested there policy?
you must have the RV rider with AAA to cover the bigger tow truck....duallys?....dunno

BTW check with your home state..regarding the rules...not all AAA are equal I found out...

Reactions: NorthernBill

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Waiting to get loaded, ............
hqdefault.jpg

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Oyster Creek Nuclear Power Plant is in Forked River. Exelon. I think it's address is technically Lanoka Harbor, but that's it. About a mile north of the plant on Hwy 9 is a Walmart. You'll want to get as close as you can, because traffic on Hwy 9 is just stoopid congested, especially during the rush hour (although in Jersey it's always rush hour - everywhere).

AAA told me as long as you don't have duals, the van is good for towing. Any body tested there policy?
Far too many times, yes.

If you have a Freightliner Sprinter, when you call AAA don't tell them it's a Freightliner, because when you say "Freightliner" all they hear from that point on is "great big tractor trailer truck." Tell them it's a Dodge (or a Mercedes). The tow truck drivers have towed enough of them now that they don't freak out about it.

AAA is only good if you aren't loaded, though, so don't tell AAA that you're loaded. The tow truck drivers either don't know or don't care if you're loaded. I've been towed (4 times that I can recall) while loaded, and many other times while not loaded.

quadflyer1

Active Expediter
I've had a hard start of February. I made a mistake of accepting a load to Dallas. My dad lives in Austin so I knew I'd get a visit in. A week later and I'm just starting to roll.

Reactions: NorthernBill

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Unloading the boat two hours early here in the middle of nowhere Cleveland Georgia looks like the closest is Gainesville

Is that up in the mountains? There are loads out of there that go down to Toyota. I think I did one for Bolt out of there that went down to Georgetown KY. If you can, try and find out where they are filming The Walking Dead and try and see if you can get a picture with Norman Reedus!

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Debating if I really want to crawl under my house to check out the heat duct work connections. Last year when I somehow got myself through the ever shrinking access entry, I gave up. After pulling every muscle, and having to drag my body inch by inch on the ground, I said screw it, it's good enough lol.

Ever shrinking access entry or ever growing waist line! lol

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm not bashing you or anything here. I just remember when those short runs used to pay well over a dollar mile because no one wanted them. Man things have changed a lot in the past 7 years.
Yes it has but I still get a few that will pay a buck or more a mile, just far and few in between now