Fdcc-cargo van drivers

xiggi

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
It dosent matter, im not affiliated with EO, and if your not a moderator or getting paid, or advertise with them, ..neither are you...regardless how long you been a member...i check EO for current information related to th Industry..and the Newbie forum should be a top Priority.

Sent from my Teddy Ruxspin

Being a mod has nothing to do with answering questions about companies. Mods get paid the same as you or me. It is a community forum and is up to all of us equelly if we have helpful info.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
Being a mod has nothing to do with answering questions about companies. Mods get paid the same as you or me. It is a community forum and is up to all of us equelly if we have helpful info.

Sent from my Fisher Price ABC123 via EO Forums

You misspelled equally :D

Last edited:

mjmsprt40

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I used to be a moderator a long time ago on another forum. For those who aren't familiar, being a moderator doesn't mean you're sitting in an office somewhere doing nothing but watching the forums 24/7. Most of these guys are drivers, same as the rest of us, who moderate when they have the ability to do so. Some of them are retired so they can give it more time, but they still have wives, children, grandchildren and so on that eats into moderating time like crazy. Moderating is a volunteer effort, if it's anything like the forum I used to moderate. That is why LDB couldn't answer right away when the question was asked.

BigCat

Expert Expediter
Actually I drive a 2001 Dodge van, have my own authority for 6 years now and work directly with shippers. I'll stick to my statement. Think about this, why would Fedex take their vans off of percentage where they averaged $1.20 to $1.40 per mile to a straight .85 cpm. I believe it was to be somewhat competitive with Panther. The only reason Panther is signing vans on now for .70 cpm is because there lowering the rates even more.

Why do you think panther lowers their rates? I'm gonna say it is to stay competitive with these fly by night companies that keep popping up and running under the radar and allowing contractors to run multi carrier such as lrt and t&k just to name 2.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Why do you think panther lowers their rates? I'm gonna say it is to stay competitive with these fly by night companies that keep popping up and running under the radar and allowing contractors to run multi carrier such as lrt and t&k just to name 2.

Most of the loads Panther gets the "so called fly by night companies" can't even touch. I have a new company waiting in the wings and it's going to take me 6 months just to get back on two of the automotive freight boards. Then it will take me at least two years to see all of the Ford, Chrysler, Delphi, and GM loads. Sylectus now requires new carriers to be in business for 1 year before they can gain access to their system. 1 year in business and at least 2 direct customer invoices. The fly by night companies aren't forcing panther to lower their rates. Maybe Panther with their 600 vans is just covering most of the loads out there.

Who knows? Rates are a market thing and you either accept them or move on to a different carrier. Or you can start your own company like Fastrod did and obtain direct customers who will pay you what you want to earn. But to sign onto a carrier at a certain rate/percentage and then complain about the rates is ridiculous. If you want the big rates you are going to have to take all of the big risks and start your own company!

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
And who says Panther has LOW rates?.....they certainly do to paying CV drivers....BUT how much do they charging/bill customers?....I'd bet they ain't cheap...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Most of the loads Panther gets the "so called fly by night companies" can't even touch. I have a new company waiting in the wings and it's going to take me 6 months just to get back on two of the automotive freight boards. Then it will take me at least two years to see all of the Ford, Chrysler, Delphi, and GM loads. Sylectus now requires new carriers to be in business for 1 year before they can gain access to their system. 1 year in business and at least 2 direct customer invoices. The fly by night companies aren't forcing panther to lower their rates. Maybe Panther with their 600 vans is just covering most of the loads out there.

Who knows? Rates are a market thing and you either accept them or move on to a different carrier. Or you can start your own company like Fastrod did and obtain direct customers who will pay you what you want to earn. But to sign onto a carrier at a certain rate/percentage and then complain about the rates is ridiculous. If you want the big rates you are going to have to take all of the big risks and start your own company!

Glad to see Sylectus has tightened up some......

Last edited:

fastrod

Expert Expediter
And who says Panther has LOW rates?.....they certainly do to paying CV drivers....BUT how much do they charging/bill customers?....I'd bet they ain't cheap...

I have had shippers tell me Panther has quoted them rates of $1.24 per mile for a cargo van.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
I have had shippers tell me Panther has quoted them rates of $1.24 per mile for a cargo van.

They can do that with volume pricing...depending on REGION....that is close to the magic 30% profit margin....especially when you look at how cheap they pay...

fastrod

Expert Expediter
They can do that with volume pricing...depending on REGION....that is close to the magic 30% profit margin....especially when you look at how cheap they pay...

That's my point. They are the one company that is big enough to drive the rates down. It's not the Penske trucks or multiple carrier vans killing the rates, it's Panther.

zorry

Veteran Expediter
Or are van rates mostly still pretty good and Panther pays .70 because there's an abundance of people saying give me more of that .70 freight ?
Is PT Barnum on the board of directors ?