Fdcc-cargo van drivers

Swamp30

Active Expediter
IF an of you are currently driving for FDCC as a van driver please PM. I have some questions before i make my final decision here..so far sounds way better than the cat..

Swamp30

Active Expediter
well i have been at panther and made decent money, but wanted to ask some things in particular about pay at FDCC for a CV..panther is down to only paying 70cpm + fsc..just seems real low..

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
I talked to fedxcc van driver that lives near me, and he says Panther is taking alot of thier business. He said the Fed is regressing, and Panther is progressing in the C/ V market...hes been with them for 11years. He also said they dont get petcentage anymore. 80cpm with a 16cpm fuel surcharge.

Sent from my Teddy Ruxspin

Last edited:

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Unless something has changed, FX vans are paid 85cpm loaded plus fsc and on all deadhead miles both before and after the load they pay fsc plus over 50 miles also deadhead pay. Currently the fsc is 18.33cpm and as long as you layover in one of the two suggested layover locations it's paid to your layover and then from your layover to your next load. IOW, every mile driven under dispatch is paid a minimum of fsc.

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Unless something has changed, FX vans are paid 85cpm loaded plus fsc and on all deadhead miles both before and after the load they pay fsc plus over 50 miles also deadhead pay. Currently the fsc is 18.33cpm and as long as you layover in one of the two suggested layover locations it's paid to your layover and then from your layover to your next load. IOW, every mile driven under dispatch is paid a minimum of fsc.

So you knew this information, but are just now answering this guys question, arent you a moderator?

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I didn't realize there was a time limit on replies and no, I got tired of all the crap you have to put up with and retired from moderating.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
So you knew this information, but are just now answering this guys question, arent you a moderator?

Wow.. yeah, 5 hours is a long time! Doesn't everyone breathlessly sit at their keyboard waiting for someone to post a question they know the answer to???

1512039.gif

Dale

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
Wow.. yeah, 5 hours is a long time! Doesn't everyone breathlessly sit at their keyboard waiting for someone to post a question they know the answer to???

1512039.gif

Dale

you never know,...Fedexcc may have lost a recruit because of the delay....faster responses = more interaction wich = more banner hits= more advertising money

Monty

Expert Expediter
If he wanted INSTANT result's, he should have called Fedex direct. Not only would he have it quicker, he would have the latest information provided by them.

Swamp30

Active Expediter
First off i didnt put this hear for you all to argue about things..secondly calling a recruiter is not always best..they pad numbers and say what you want to hear..i not looking for that..plus the post said PM me, which some people did and i am grateful for.

Monty

Expert Expediter
Swamp .... the replies have mostly been directed at WvCouier .... who feels you did not receive promt service. All of us, like he, do actually have lives apart from EO.

Though mine is very boring! If it were not for Waffle House I'd go crazy!

fastrod

Expert Expediter
.panther is down to only paying 70cpm + fsc..just seems real low..

It is real low and they are the major reason van rates are down. People like to blame Penske trucks or vanners leased to 2 or 3 carriers but the major reason is and always has been Panther.

highway star

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Come on now, arent you breaking EO code of conduct....i was just asking a question.

And it was such a dumb question that I just felt like I needed to point out that EO's desire to have some decorum is a good thing. I mean, seriously, do you spend every waking second on EO?

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
And it was such a dumb question that I just felt like I needed to point out that EO's desire to have some decorum is a good thing. I mean, seriously, do you spend every waking second on EO?

It dosent matter, im not affiliated with EO, and if your not a moderator or getting paid, or advertise with them, ..neither are you...regardless how long you been a member...i check EO for current information related to th Industry..and the Newbie forum should be a top Priority.

Last edited:

wvcourier

Expert Expediter
well i have been at panther and made decent money, but wanted to ask some things in particular about pay at FDCC for a CV..panther is down to only paying 70cpm + fsc..just seems real low..

It is low, and i hate when a dispatcher says.." And it pays your rate of 70cpm" like its such a wonderful thing. If they dont renegotiate my rate after a year, i will try to find better place also,...did you try to renegotiate rate? How long have you been with them?

BigCat

Expert Expediter
It is real low and they are the major reason van rates are down. People like to blame Penske trucks or vanners leased to 2 or 3 carriers but the major reason is and always has been Panther.

Nah I think not. Do you drive a Penske van with 3 carriers? Might wanna rethink your statement.

fastrod

Expert Expediter
Nah I think not. Do you drive a Penske van with 3 carriers? Might wanna rethink your statement.

Actually I drive a 2001 Dodge van, have my own authority for 6 years now and work directly with shippers. I'll stick to my statement. Think about this, why would Fedex take their vans off of percentage where they averaged $1.20 to $1.40 per mile to a straight .85 cpm. I believe it was to be somewhat competitive with Panther. The only reason Panther is signing vans on now for .70 cpm is because there lowering the rates even more.