Falcon Transport closes

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And another one bites the dust...
Employees said Falcon Transport may be the latest to have suffered from the fallout after General Motors closed its Lordstown Assembly plant in March.

I'm sure more will follow.

Reactions: Tennesseahawk

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
IMO, there is knowledge that this will happen, on part of the brass; and therefore, no excuse in leaving drivers and trucks stranded. Criminal charges come to mind when hearing about crap like this.

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Typical corporate mentality, foot to the floor until you run out of gas, I’m sure the upper management knew it was coming but thought they could pull out a miracle in the end.

Sent from my iPhone using EO Forums

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm sure more will follow

2 or 3 other company's have made news since Falcon closed up.

The lastest being Maverick.

The other day drivers in the temperature control division (TCD) aka reefer, got the great Qualcomm message to bring the trucks back to the terminal your out of a job. At least they weren't left stranded out on the road like falcon did. But dang, that's not a message I would ever expect or want to see.

The divisions business and some equipment are being sold to KLLM.
Maverick still has its flat bed and glass division operating...for now.

Moot

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
The other day drivers in the temperature control division (TCD) aka reefer, got the great Qualcomm message to bring the trucks back to the terminal your out of a job. At least they weren't left stranded out on the road like falcon did. But dang, that's not a message I would ever expect or want to see.
How would you like to get up on a beautiful Saturday morning, go walk your dog and come home to find you were sold to Panther?

T270_Dreamin

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Bad news is good news in the housing market... ;) The end of high overhead American capitalism, who is next to bite the dust?

Last edited: