Factory sprinter floor

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Few if any of the DIY places carry it. Mostly its furniture refinishing and design centers, woodworking stores. They have a retail store locator on the Web site. Homestead Finishing in Cleveland carries it. They're a furniture refinishing shop. I'd give them a call.

They also carry the pro line of General Finishes stuff, the Enduro line. The Enduro-Var is very similar to the High Performance, but not quite as durable, and is strictly for top-coating water and dye stains or raw wood, and not any paints or other coatings. If it's raw wood it must be pristine with no oil stains or dirt on the wood. And it's designed to mimic the appearance of an oil-based polyurethane. I mention it for two reasons, one, don't get it, the High Performance is better for a cargo deck, and two, most places that carry General Finishes products will also carry the pro line of Enduro, including the Enduro-Var, but also including the new Enduro Clear Poly. The Clear Poly is slightly more durable and chemical and water resistant than the High Performance, and would be great on a cargo deck, but only on a sprayable finish. You can't properly apply with with a brush. If you do, it won't be more durable or resistance than the High Performance. If you're really good with a paint sprayer, then the Clear Poly is the one to get.

You know how BobstheOilGuy is THE place to go for oil and fluid information? How they have actual experts there? Woodtalkonline is the woodworking and wood finishing equivalent. That's where I got the information about the Enduro pro line, as it wasn't around when I first researched all this. The above information about Enduro came directly from General Finishes, by way of Woodtalkonline. Someone asked GF about the Clear Poly versus the High Performance on high traffic floors and the floor of a trailer that's used sometimes for hauling palletized freight and other times for transporting horses. The above summarizes their response.

Windsor

Veteran Expediter
I found it at a store called Cleveland tool and cutter. Its actually only a few bucks more there then ordering it directly. Thanks for all the information. I wasn't happy with the way the polyurethane held up the last two times I used it in my old sprinter. I had a gallon of it so I wanted to use it up. Whatever I used in my old cargo van back in 06 (don't remember what I used) held up noticeably better to freight being dragged across it. I still have the van and it actually still looks pretty good. Whatever brand it was I got it at an old hardware store that's no longer there, unfortunately. Just like most of the old hardware stores. Thanks Home Depot and Lowe's. >:

Last edited:

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Like I said, I've never used it on the van yet, but I plan on using it this year. I've only used it on floors in the house. But I've been happy with the polycrylic and it's not ever recommended for floors, so with the High Performance being considerably harder and more durable, and with Bill being happy with even the spar polyurethane, I figure this stuff should be great.

geo

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Retired Expediter
US Navy
I like my rollers have them in a sprinter van for 13 years
just have to make sure you have it secured good
because if you don't like water moves back and force, found out the 1st time moved a load, had to stop tight it up a bit more. great for pallets just keep moving them forward, put 4 pallets on.
for some of those odd pallets have plywood put on rollers to load them work great
if you look up George McDonald on life styles you will see how my sprinter is set up