Facebook and the "I didn't know that"

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Okay so last year I joined just for giggles. I found a lot of the people that I went to High School with. I was surprised by some of the things that my class mates have accomplished or done in the years since graduation. How about you?

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Found some friends I haven't talked to in 25 years! Met a few I wish I had forgotten about....LOL! :D

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I couldn't care less what any of the are doing! They were jerks and a** h***s then and any that i have ran into over the years are still a** h***s. I dont need to be looked down upon for my career choices. Yes i am still bitter after all these years.:mad:

Last edited:

jaminjim

Veteran Expediter
Well there are several members of this site there are also on Facebook, I doubt that they would 'knock' your chosen career path. So what about it?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Well there are several members of this site there are also on Facebook, I doubt that they would 'knock' your chosen career path. So what about it?

I know they wouldn't, they chose the same path. I'm just giving the reason why i don't give a rats a** about anybody i went to school with.:mad:

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I love facebook - not for those old lost classmates [there's a reason I lost touch with them, ok?] but for all the family I rarely get to see. Even without the expediting lifestyle, people tend to move out of state, or just get busy with their everyday lives, and it's good to read what they're doing, and see the photos.
Oh, and I'm a Farmville junkie, too, lol. :)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Just today, I saw a photo of TeamCaffee [Bob & Linder] with Lawrence and Terry, and it made me literally LOL - great stuff on facebook! :D

skyraider

Veteran Expediter
US Navy
Sometimes I can remember people I didnt like in H.S. But I didnt loose a good friend, he or she did. Im alittle older now since 1964 and grudges just waste ur time and it lets them win knowing they can still get u angry or whatever . We were so immature then, its time to give it up if one is still in H.
School in your mind.:eek:

fastman_1

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I found a lot classmates, they were mostly amazed that I'm now a Leader in Motocycle Ministry, and been married for 25 years, in high school I was voted most likely to do hard time!

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't understand Facebook, what it is for, etc. I went there a few times, found it boring. I will go check out the EO page, that might be fun.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Just went of Facebook, learned how to use the search thingy. I got one very pleasant surprise. I found the page of a friend from school who I was told was dead, he is not. I sent him a message. That was cool.

TeamCaffee

Administrator
Staff member
Owner/Operator
Facebook is Awesome!

I was very hesitant about starting Facebook but my daughter gave me no choice and set me up. One of my first friends was a guy Bob and I had not talked to since high school and we had a blast catching up with each others lives.

I do not like all the games on facebook and so have not participated in any of them. I do really enjoy seeing a snapshot into friends and families lives. We do not take the time to call all of these people often and so through Facebook we have been able to reconnect. I am pretty picky about who my friends are and if I do not recognize a name or they do not send a note I do not add them to my friends list.

I am still amazed at the different people we have been able to reconnect with! Facebook as well as EO has become a part of my daily routine.

I am proud of what we do! There are many people we know that wish they could see and experience many of the things and the sites we have seen since getting into the truck.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I still don't get the Facebook thing. I cut and paste the address that was on the post for EO, it does not find it. I don't know how to find it.

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I am still amazed at the different people we have been able to reconnect with!

My point is, there is nobody i have ever wanted to reconnect with. I remained friends with a few over the years and continue to do so.

I am proud of what we do! There are many people we know that wish they could see and experience many of the things and the sites we have seen since getting into the truck.

I too, am proud of what we do! That is why i consider the fine people on this site my friends even though i don't know you personally yet.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I did, it took me to my own page. I hate computers!! If it can go wrong on one I can make it happen!! It was so bad when I was at the Agency I had to "ground" myself before I was allowed to work. There we even a two year stretch when I was paid to try to break them and find flaws in programing. I guess that still holds true. :(

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Got it that time. I remember what I did. I have cut and paste it into another browzer, that did not work. I STILL hate these things!! LOL!!

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I was gonna ask permission to post this, but as it was on facebook, I figure that makes it public, no?
Check out the hands, lol :D

Attachments

• team caffee w elmo & terry.jpg
    team caffee w elmo & terry.jpg
    7.6 KB · Views: 16