Express Logistics

tv121591

Expert Expediter
Has anyone had any experience with Express Logistics (Express Family Logistics) based in Naples FL and Erie PA?

whistler

Active Expediter
Has anyone had any experience with Express Logistics (Express Family Logistics) based in Naples FL and Erie PA?

My vans run with this company. Their biggest customer is GE Transportation and we haul a lot of Freight between rail yards. They pay every wednesday, by direct deposit, on time. Great company.

tv121591

Expert Expediter
I just signed up with them.I have a Sprinter and a few guys run cargo vans for me out of Clt.Glad to hear they are a good company.I was impressed with the type of paperwork, documentation,and ppe equipment they required.I assume it is for the rail yards. Any specific areas they usually get you in and out of?

whistler

Active Expediter
I just signed up with them.I have a Sprinter and a few guys run cargo vans for me out of Clt.Glad to hear they are a good company.I was impressed with the type of paperwork, documentation,and ppe equipment they required.I assume it is for the rail yards. Any specific areas they usually get you in and out of?

Since last Friday I had a load form Erie, Pa to North Platte, Nebraska, North Platte to Kansas City, KC to Topeka, Topeka to KC, and then KC to Grove City, Pa. All rail loads. These are the busiest locations for them along with Cumberland, Md. They get stuff going to and from Havre, Montana, Selkirk, NY, and Corbin Ky. as well. If you are in any of these areas they will keep you moving. They aren't that great when it come to bidding freight but in their niche', in my opinion, they are awesome.

guido4475

Not a Member
It is amazing how much freight rail companies expedite. Did a ton of it for Polly as well. Good loads.Many are missing out on this, need to expand their horizons.

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
Care to explain this question? ....lol...They pay money. The Rates were not bad at all.Long runs.Van to straight freight.

self explaining I'd say...What do they pay?....It has been awhile since you've done them type of loads....CTX loads I did were cheap....down around .85-.90

coalminer

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Im approved to run with Express also, I have only hauled 3 loads for them, 2 coming out of Erie, and one picking up a package from the Baltimore airport. One thing I like about them is the fact that once you email/fax the copy of the BOL, you dont have to worry about sending in the original. And they do pay quick, as long as your paperwork is in before about noon ( I think) on Monday, you will get direct deposit on Wednesday.

Now their phone system sucks really bad, heard they did some sort of upgrade last week so hopefully that resolves that problem.

They are also working on an iphone/android app that will allow them to track you, I really hope they get this pretty quick as its hard to keep up with them and update locations.

My wife is going to take over the Sprinter, I am getting a steal of a deal on a 2005 Hino 24ft box truck from the carrier that I do most of the runs for. About a month ago, someone went to open the hood to check the oil and it fell off, broke the hinges right off the hood. Since it was the oldest truck they had, they were just going to trade it in. The dealer was only going to give them $3000 for it, I told him I would give him $5000 for it. It runs like a champ, had a new transmission installed about a year ago, I cant wait, will have an actuall sleeper, not laying on a matress in the back of the sprinter..... I wont be running the new truck with Express, or at least not right now.

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
It is amazing how much freight rail companies expedite. Did a ton of it for Polly as well. Good loads.Many are missing out on this, need to expand their horizons.

It is darn near impossible to become a partner carrier with Ryder Integrated Logistics. That is where all of the GE rail yard loads come from. I know of carriers who have been talking to them for 3 years and still can't gain access to the board. That's probably why the rates are still decent on a lot of these rail yard loads.

Last edited by a moderator:

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
self explaining I'd say...What do they pay?....It has been awhile since you've done them type of loads....CTX loads I did were cheap....down around .85-.90

They were cheap to you because your carrier was pocketing all of the money. I know for a fact that cargo van loads go for 1.30 per mile on that board. I know because I have gotten some of these loads from the carriers that have access to the Ryder load board and I was once paid 500 dollars for a 198 mile cargo van load.

Last edited by a moderator:

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
It is darn near impossible to become a partner carrier with Ryder Integrated Logistics. That is where all of the GE rail yards come from. I know of carriers who have been talking to them for 3 years and still can't gain access to the board. That's probably where the rates are still decent on a lot of these rail yard loads.
we've been dogging John for years about this....and still a no go.....can't get foot in door...go figure...

OntarioVanMan

Retired Expediter
Owner/Operator
They were cheap to you because your carrier was pocketing all of the money. I know for a fact that cargo van loads o for 1.30 per mile on that board. I know because I have gotten some of these loads from carriers and I was once paid 500 dollars for a 198 mile cargo van load.
That was my contract rate back then...LOL .....yes I worked cheap more times then not at one time...LOL

at one time I was brainwashed that NLM was cheap.....THEN I came to Load 1 and work for % and seen what they paid on some loads and was say shocked.....

blizzard2014

Veteran Expediter
Driver
we've been dogging John for years about this....and still a no go.....can't get foot in door...go figure...

It is hard. That's why I gave up on starting my new carrier. I was in talks with so many load boards for months and months and months and no one would give me the time of day. I actually think it's a good thing that Ryder limits the amount of carriers that they work with. It keeps the rates up and helps keep a higher level of quality control.

Rocketman

Veteran Expediter
They were cheap to you because your carrier was pocketing all of the money. I know for a fact that cargo van loads go for 1.30 per mile on that board. I know because I have gotten some of these loads from the carriers that have access to the Ryder load board and I was once paid 500 dollars for a 198 mile cargo van load.
But...are those numbers going to the truck or to you, then a % to the actual IC?

As usual, it sounds like the freight pays fine...until it goes through 2 or 3 or 4 sets of hands, each taking a cut.

yayashas

Seasoned Expediter
Does anyone has Canada loads experience with them. Is it worth going ther? Do they have any loads back?