Ever find a critter in your truck?

WanderngFool

Active Expediter
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw a mouse dart under my seat the other day. WTF? I still don't know how he got in the truck. I almost felt bad, like I was losing my roommate when I heard the snap of the mousetrap as he fell for the peanut butter sucker punch. My sorrow lasted for at least 1/4 of a second and then I remembered the potato chips he'd stolen, and the food I'd had to throw out to be sure I wasn't eating something contaminated by HIM - my sworn enemy.

Btw, thanks for dropping all those little turds where I store my food. Nice touch - something to remember you by.

But then, I'm sure someone has had a worse roommate.

GandJ

Active Expediter
Whenever we back in out front at the TA East in Ontario CA, I get out and let the ground squirrels know that they best stay on their side of the curb.
I don't trust those sneeky speedsters.....

BigCat

Expert Expediter
In El Paso I had a terantula get in my side box and a rattle snake wrapped around the drive shaft. I just started the truck and drove around the lot. When I parked there were remnants of the snake but most of it was gone.

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
Nothing aside from spiders and flies in the truck so far...though raccoons had a party in my suv once. Had about 6 of them get in through a window left rolled down about 6-7 inches.

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

tenntrucker

Expert Expediter
Read a story at a big truck site about a guy who had left his tuck sitting for a week or so. When he returned a coon had chewed through his shifter boot and destory the sleeper.

sent from my Galaxy Tab2

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I was in Eagle Pass during the mini-monarch extravaganza. Needless to say, I had a bunch of em in my sleeper, every time I opened the door. :D

Deville

Not a Member
Yes. The first week I had the truck. It was sub 0 temps, I left the bunk heater on the night before battery's are dead, O look in the sleeper & there is a dead mouse laying on the floor. I have no idea how he got in there. He wasn't there the night before. Only thing I can think of was that he came with the truck & was a stoway. Most likely the little guy starved & frooze to death.

Needless to say I gave the cab & sleeper a top to bottom cleaning & got rid of the mattress.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
One year during mayfly season we were near a lake for a bit, with the windows down. Apparently they made a home in the roof between the insalation and the panneling. Dang things took forever to get rid of.

We also had a spider whi lived in the mirror on the drivers side. Every morning we would wake up to a new little web. I was sometimes hoping I would wake up to see awesome phrases like in Charolettes Web.

Sent from my VS920 4G using Xparent Pink Tapatalk 2

Chevy Expresso

Rookie Expediter
Whenever we back in out front at the TA East in Ontario CA, I get out and let the ground squirrels know that they best stay on their side of the curb.
I don't trust those sneeky speedsters.....

Thats what that was. I just seen one dart off from the back of my van erlyer.

Sent from my Motorola DynaTAC 8000X

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
One year during mayfly season we were near a lake for a bit, with the windows down. Apparently they made a home in the roof between the insalation and the panneling. Dang things took forever to get rid of.

We also had a spider whi lived in the mirror on the drivers side. Every morning we would wake up to a new little web. I was sometimes hoping I would wake up to see awesome phrases like in Charolettes Web.

You lost me here. Mayflies die 24 hours after they leave the water. Why would they be hard to get rid off? :confused: They lay their eggs in the water. Please explain. I am lost. (as per normal :p)

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
You lost me here. Mayflies die 24 hours after they leave the water. Why would they be hard to get rid off? :confused: They lay their eggs in the water. Please explain. I am lost. (as per normal :p)

Maybe thats not what they were then... :eek: I assumed because someone said they were. They were ALL over everything and it just seemed like they never went away.
Now I am lost.:(

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Two years ago before I had window screens, a whole bunch of Lady bugs got in. Took about 3 months to finally get rid of them all. Every time I thought they were gone another one would show up. I don't know how they stayed alive that long :confused:

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
When we first started, we had the usual flies, gnats (noseeums) mosquitoes etc. Mom told me about the dryer sheets, tried them and it works. Haven't had a single pest since.

Jenny

Veteran Expediter
Nope, not what they were. Now I feel silly.

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Nope, not what they were. Now I feel silly.

No reason to feel silly. Most people except for those who flyfish or entomologists don't know their "bugs". It's not really taught in school. I would not expect you to know. Now you do. You have been enriched! LOL!! :D