Ever find a critter in your truck?

bubblehead

Veteran Expediter
How are you using them :confused:

Open up a few sheets just like you would do to put them in a dryer and place a couple under the mattress and some randomly throughout the truck in cabinets, under the bunk etc. I change them out every 90 days...bought the cheapest ones at .99 a box of 40 sheets.

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
Field mice get in and Black snakes follow. Scares me half to death when I open the side door and a snake is napping there.

RoadTime

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
In El Paso I had a terantula get in my side box and a rattle snake wrapped around the drive shaft. I just started the truck and drove around the lot. When I parked there were remnants of the snake but most of it was gone.

That would have totally freaked me out :eek: A cargo van driver was telling me about how he got some tarantula's with his freight, that tried to make a home in his van. I would have had to abandon ship.

CharlesD

Expert Expediter
I opened the door and found a tarantula sitting on the pavement, and picking up a load in Del Rio once a stray dog tried to hop into the truck after I gave it some leftovers.

acvox24

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I was warned by other truckers that out west if you park on the desert floor those rattle snakes like to sit under your engine for the heat. Truckers have been bit stepping out in the morning. I always drive forward 20 feet before getting out when I,m in that situation.

asjssl

Veteran Expediter
Fleet Owner
I parked up against some dirt..and my hitch became a highway for ants..so now I watch where the back of the truck is when I park..

Sent from my DROID RAZR using EO Forums mobile app

BillChaffey

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
US Navy
This guy clearly wasn't in the truck, but I decided to let the shirt stay a while longer.026.jpg

pandora2112

Seasoned Expediter
He could have my shirt! :p Ewww...I have an irrational fear of snakes, too many run ins as a child!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
He could have my shirt! :p Ewww...I have an irrational fear of snakes, too many run ins as a child!

Sent from my VS910 4G using EO Forums mobile app
155386d1360268363-dead-snake-found-ft-myers-water-plant-indiana-jones-snakes.jpg