EOBR not so BAD

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
I must be "lucky".. lol... mine is so loud I have to turn it down..

Dale

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I wish we could get "bothered" by it. The lack of volume has caused us to not see things in a timely manner.

jansiemoo

Seasoned Expediter
We have also talked to Tom about the "invisible" green message light and the glaring red signal interuption light- they are confusing.

Most importantly, we have played with all the volume settings buttons, but the tone and volume of the message alert is much too faint.

Does anyone else only have caps lock and num lock light up? None of my other keys light, which I would kill for. The old hard keys were easy to do by feel alone...

As far as the turning on/off issues, we should all know by now to call Tom and have him set the length of time we want it to stay on, but Tom also told us if the unit is off (you've been sitting with truck off past the allotted turn off time) all you need to do to turn it on is turn your key to the on position and LEAVE IT ON for EIGHT (8) full minutes for the unit to complete booting. It will then stay on for the remainder of your usual "on" period. (I was told this involved a very bored team and a stopwatch)

Oh, and I have a dead pixel. It's red. It bothers me. Alot.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Havin been using the MCP200 for a few weeks now, I note the following advantages over the old unit, however, none of them justify the new unit replacing the old one.

- You don't have to add your log book numbers up each day (though doing simple arithmetic was not a challenge).

- The signal is better. We don't lose the ability to transmit and receive when under fuel island canopies.

- The screen is bigger and brighter, making it possible for both of us to see it at once. Now when a bad offer comes in, we can look at it together and save the time of one driver explaining to the other driver why it should be declined.

ATeam

Retired Expediter
Does anyone else only have caps lock and num lock light up? None of my other keys light, which I would kill for. The old hard keys were easy to do by feel alone...

Our keyboard acts the same way as yours. Why they light two keys but not the rest is a mystery to me. We too would appreciate a fully-lit keyboard.

MYGIA

Expert Expediter
Owner/Operator
I resisted making the change as long as possible, but must now admit, the new unit is not as bad as I had anticipated. I have had to learn it pretty much on my own and still discover something new every now and then, but for the most part have got it pretty well mastered.

My sound volume seems to fade and I am constantly having to turn it up. I can hear it fine when the truck is off and so-so while driving without the radio. If the radio is on, I cannot hear it at all.

I have no “beep” at all alerting me of an incoming message. I have to constantly scan the unit looking to see if the green light has come on.

I can get it to stretch all the way back into the sleeper, but about 2 more feet of cord would be nice.

As a solo driver I can only use the unit if the truck is at a dead stop. This has some drawbacks as I cannot always immediately pull over when a new message arrives. Some load offers time out before I can safely pull over. Once I moved on a load and 5 minutes later received a message. It took me another 20 minutes until I could get off the road safely – only to learn that the message was telling me the load had been cancelled. Bummer! :(

My greatest displeasure with the unit is the very small pull out keyboard. Although I am a somewhat accomplished typist – I cannot use the tiny keys other than pecking and carefully watching what appears on the screen. I find this not only frustrating, but also time consuming.

Last edited: