EO and touchscreens

Do you use a touch screen device to access EO

• Yes, I use some form of touchscreen device at times.

Votes: 11 78.6%
  • No, I never use a touchscreen device.

Votes: 3 21.4%

• Total voters

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
Looking for an idea of how many access the forum using a touch screen device like an iPad, iPhone, Droid phone or other touch screen device. Please click the poll if you do.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
Yeah the polling stuff doesn't happen for us using these things. One reason that I like mobile versions of a site, polls are usable.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I didn't know polls didn't show. It shows on the iPad. The layout, icon sizes, etc. need adjusted. I'm hoping enough people use some form of mobile device to persuade some changes.

ebsprintin

Veteran Expediter
I use my touchscreen device for reading. For posting I wait until I can work with a keyboard. So does that mean none or both of the above.

eb

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
That's a yes since you use one at times. I believe a lot of people probably do at least at times so things should be designed for ease of use with touchscreens. As it is, the go to first unread post button is useless it is so small.

Last edited:

layoutshooter

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I don't own a touch screen. I don't wish to own one. I can barely read the 15" screen on this computer. I won't buy one unless they stop making cell PHONES.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I use it mostly with Safari via iPad but once in a while I use the EO app. I don't like the way the app works. I prefer the familiar UI but the updated forum fixed things that weren't broken and shouldn't have been fixed along with positive changes and improvements as well.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
I use it mostly with Safari via iPad but once in a while I use the EO app. I don't like the way the app works. I prefer the familiar UI but the updated forum fixed things that weren't broken and shouldn't have been fixed along with positive changes and improvements as well.
Kinda makes ya wonder if these upgrades were performed by the same people who did the upgrades at Panther which killed the QCs, and the upgrades at TAB Bank. Now that I think about it, though, probably not, since Panther's and TAB Bank's problems were addressed and fixed.

I think at this point I'd just start over from scratch on a parallel system and then go with that, tweaking as is needed, rather than trying to bug hunt the current mess. But that's just me, and I like getting in trouble behind the scenes. :D

tknight

Veteran Expediter
Every now and then when reading on my iphone the site goes back to my phones main page wven if im not touching it seems like a glitch in the app.

LDB

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
And after I touched send I touched back but instead of returning to the newest tab the EO app crashed and I was back at the iPad home screen.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Tapatalk has no poll support. There are no definite plans to include it in future releases, but they are considering it. Or at least they said they "might possibly consider it for the future", whatever that means.

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Tapatalk has no poll support. There are no definite plans to include it in future releases, but they are considering it. Or at least they said they "might possibly consider it for the future", whatever that means.

We use their network and plugins - we can develop our own poll for the app, but we rarely use them as it is. IMHO.

Turtle

Administrator
Staff member
Retired Expediter
Fortunately, we don't. :D

There are a couple of forums I frequent where there are 3 or 4 new polls, like, every day. It's crazy. And they're stupid. Poll: Boxers versus Briefs, or Britney Spears versus Lady Gaga.