Electric Ford Transit on the horizon.

guido4475

Not a Member
I absolutely love the way that this Transit looks in blue. I just wish that the body was as big as a Sprinter. I'm curious as to how long the electric van will be commonplace in this segment of the expediting industry. I think eventually we will see charging stations as much as we currently see gas stations.

Reactions: Worn Out Manager

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
I'm willing, providing they get me at least 9 hours driving or so before I have to stop ...

Uh Guido, you might not realize how many charging stations exist already
Screenshot_20190322-224529_Chrome.jpg

guido4475

Not a Member
I'm willing, providing they get me at least 9 hours driving or so before I have to stop ...

Uh Guido, you might not realize how many charging stations exist already
View attachment 18892

Oh yea, there a few quite a few...but still not enough is what I'm thinking. Plus, a complete charge up needs to as quickly as possible. Like within 30 minutes long?

Ragman

Veteran Expediter
Retired Expediter
I

I had a childhood thang for Penny...lol

Oops, wrong show...
surprise.jpg

Reactions: Moot and guido4475

FlyingVan

Staff member
Owner/Operator
Oh yea, there a few quite a few...but still not enough is what I'm thinking. Plus, a complete charge up needs to as quickly as possible. Like within 30 minutes long?
30 min charge would be doable, but still kinda slow, in my opinion.

Maybe a quick battery exchange program. 5 min and you get a full battery and are good to go for 500 miles.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

guido4475

Not a Member
30 min charge would be doable, but still kinda slow, in my opinion.

Maybe a quick battery exchange program. 5 min and you get a full battery and are good to go for 500 miles.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Excellent idea. I still love the red overseas Nissan that was posted awhile ago. I fell in love with it.

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Of course they do. Can you imagine the world's "first" electric car depending on propane or oil?

That's why I asked, don't know anybody with one to tell me how much difference the cold makes

Edit: here Blowing Hot and Cold

Not sure if I believe them after an old Sprinter that needs a heater to heat the heater

Last edited:

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
Not to throw a wrench in this Electrical party .
But what IF you become Stranded or in the ditch because of a storm.
How will you stay warm while waiting for assistance..?
Is AAA going to bring you Freshly Charged batteries every 4 hours while waiting for a tow truck ..?
City Delivery... yes maybe ..
Expediting... No Forget about it ...

...$$$$

brokcanadian

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To -40 F I shut it down on my route, up to 5 days a week for 9 years. It's called clothing and blankets

With the extra insulation they're discussing I can already tell a newer electric or hybrid would be idle free for me. If somebody is so unprepared in the winter they're going to freeze to death maybe they should stay home...

That being said, my uninsulated 2005 sprinter was pretty rough this winter. But I'm not dead. And with a partition + no idle, inside temp was outside temp without the wind...

(Edit: you're darn right that will be a top concern for snowflakes. New job opportunities to rescue chilly millennials for a fee)

ntimevan

Veteran Expediter
Owner/Operator
To -40 F I shut it down on my route, up to 5 days a week for 9 years. It's called clothing and blankets

With the extra insulation they're discussing I can already tell a newer electric or hybrid would be idle free for me. If somebody is so unprepared in the winter they're going to freeze to death maybe they should stay home...

That being said, my uninsulated 2005 sprinter was pretty rough this winter. But I'm not dead. And with a partition + no idle, inside temp was outside temp without the wind...

(Edit: you're darn right that will be a top concern for snowflakes. New job opportunities to rescue chilly millennials for a fee)
I will be long Retired before these Van's hit the Expedite Market..

...$$$$