EASTER HOLIDAYS

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Good Friday is a public holiday in Canada and most businesses are closed.
Also; many factories are closed on Easter Monday.
Please check with the consignee if you get a load to Canada this weekend.

greg334

Veteran Expediter
You do mean Spring holidays?

I am going to hand out Spring Baskets and have a Spring Egg Hunt in my front yard and run over a few more Spring Bunnies.

Seriously, thanks for the info.

TJ959

Veteran Expediter
At the risk of being politically incorrect, I think they are still called Good Friday and Easter. Originally they had nothing to do with bunnies.

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
I don't give a fig for PC, they're still called Good Friday and Easter, but originally, bunnies had a lot to do with it - the Christian religion co-opted the pagan spring festival in honor of Eastre, the goddess of fertility, and both rabbits and eggs made the transition, too. :)

FireGears

Expert Expediter
Easter is for pagans....

Resurrection Sunday...
THE HOPE OF ALL THE WORLD

And as it is appointed unto men once to die, but after this the judgment - Hebrews 9:27

Mohammed, Siddhartha Gautama (The Buddha), Confucius, and Jesus Christ: To many, these names are all of equal value; they represent great teachers who spoke words of wisdom and enlightenment. They are the leaders of major religions, and their words and ideas live to this day, each having won the loyalty of millions and even billions of followers.

All four of these men died and were buried. However, three still lie in the grave. This coming Sunday, Christians around the world will celebrate the resurrection of Jesus Christ. On the Passover He was slaughtered as our spotless Passover lamb. As in Egypt, His blood was placed over us to protect us and shield us from the judgment of God. Then, Christ conquered sin - and death itself - by rising again.

And the angel answered and said unto the women, Fear not ye: for I know that ye seek Jesus, which was crucified. He is not here: for He is risen, as He said. Come, see the place where the Lord lay. - Matthew 28:5,6

O death, where is thy sting? O grave, where is thy victory? The sting of death is sin; and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ. - 1Corinthians 15:55-57

Resurrection Sunday should be a day of greatest rejoicing. Christ Jesus lives today! We have a living Lord, a living Savior, a living Hope. He has broken the power of death and sin over our lives! Through Him, each of us can escape God's wrath and live forever. This is the foundation of the Christian faith. Without Christ's resurrection, we have nothing.

Now if Christ be preached that he rose from the dead, how say some among you that there is no resurrection of the dead? But if there be no resurrection of the dead, then is Christ not risen: And if Christ be not risen, then is our preaching vain, and your faith is also vain. Yea, and we are found false witnesses of God; because we have testified of God that He raised up Christ: whom He raised not up, if so be that the dead rise not. For if the dead rise not, then is not Christ raised: And if Christ be not raised, your faith is vain; ye are yet in your sins. Then they also which are fallen asleep in Christ are perished. If in this life only we have hope in Christ, we are of all men most miserable. -1 Corinthians 15:12-19

However, Christ did rise, and appeared not to a few, but to over five hundred people, including Paul - as one born late (1Cor 15:8). Billions of people through the centuries have had their lives changed by the living power of Jesus Christ, and to this day, His resurrection power heals and restores and gives new life.

Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, which according to His abundant mercy hath begotten us again unto a lively hope by the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, To an inheritance incorruptible, and undefiled, and that fadeth not away, reserved in heaven for you... -1Peter 1:3,4

I encourage you to make the most of the Passover feast, and of this coming Resurrection Sunday, to truly celebrate the resurrection of our Lord and the hope we have in Him. Clap your hands, all ye people. Shout unto God with a voice of triumph!

Lawrence

Founder
Staff member
Thanks for the reminder Firegears.

Lawrence,
Expediters Online.com

5 out of 4 people don't understand fractions.

37% of Americans agree that while they would hate being British, they wouldn't mind having a British accent.

99% of lawyers give the rest a bad name.

I hate the country, all those animals walking around un-cooked.

-----------------------------------------
Thanks For Visiting EO!
[p]
http://www.expeditersonline.com/hotnews/sterling_eo_forum.jpg

Please Help Us Get The Word
Out About Expediters Online.com!

-----------------------------------------

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
Apologies to anyone who was offended by my comment, that wasn't my intent. Maybe I could have used a word other than co-opted to describe it, but the fact is that many Christian traditions were in place before Christianity existed, when paganism was the prevailing religion. It wasn't meant to be a value judgement, just a statement of historical fact. Happy Easter to all!

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
History is good: his story is something else altogether...
Who was it that said; "just the facts, ma'am" (H. Bogart?)

cheri1122

Veteran Expediter
Driver
"Just the facts, ma'am" was from 'Dragnet', though I'm not old enough to know who the actor was.....;)

Tennesseahawk

Veteran Expediter
I remember a lot of mythologies where the hero died and came back from the dead. That's all I got to say bout that.

-Vampire Super Slooth Trucker!!!

simon says

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
Correct you are! Great old show way back in the day when TV was young and so were we! As Cheri suggested, if you cannot remember, you probably are at best a late boomer.

Dreamer

Administrator Emeritus
Charter Member
Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, however, we still will celebrate what we beleive, and wish you a Happy Easter!

Now, back to Rob's post, reminding us that most businesses are closed on Monday in Canada!

Dreamer
Forums Administrator

--------------

"Motivation is the fuel necessary to keep the human engine running."

Zig Ziglar

FIS53

Veteran Expediter
Can't think of many places that are closed anymore on Easter Monday. Yeah the gov't and schools and such, but not that many businesses. now I could be wrong but over the years fewer and fewer places have observed the full weekend.

Just like Nov 11, I remember getting that as a holiday so we could go and observe the remeberance ceremonies and many businesses used to close for it out of respect etc. Now with so few vetrans left from the great wars and ppls attitude change it is only a holiday for the gov't and few others. it's really a shame.

Anywho I degress, I'll be back on the road on Monday as too many are open these days.

Rob Fis

RobA

Veteran Expediter
Charter Member
A couple of years ago; last year, maybe the year before; someone was belly-aching about the general harassment of going to Canada including not being able to get a delivery off because the plant was closed on EASTER MONDAY. I checked with a couple of people I know who are in manufacturing management and yes; it's in the local plant level contracts. Some locals do negotiate a day off on Easter Monday. So my message was a public service announcement to check with the consignee that they are open.
The thread then wandered a little from my original intent.

As far as Rememberance Day is concerned; most businesses are closed on November 11 in MB,SK, AB and BC.
We in ON must work that day.
That is a topic for another day.

RobA feeling grouchy this Easter Monday morning.

>Can't think of many places that are closed anymore on Easter
>Monday. Yeah the gov't and schools and such, but not that
>many businesses. now I could be wrong but over the years
>fewer and fewer places have observed the full weekend.
>
>Just like Nov 11, I remember getting that as a holiday so we
>could go and observe the remeberance ceremonies and many
>businesses used to close for it out of respect etc. Now
>with so few vetrans left from the great wars and ppls
>attitude change it is only a holiday for the gov't and few
>others. it's really a shame.
>
>Anywho I degress, I'll be back on the road on Monday as too
>many are open these days.
>
>Rob Fis